How can people watch anime? (Not a hate thread)

DailyTuber's Avatar DailyTuber10/30/15 3:16 am
1 emeralds 220 6
10/30/2015 5:21 am
yoda473's Avatar yoda473
So yeah, this is not a hate thread or anything just wondering how can people sit there in front of their computers and well watch anime?

I tried and well I somehow cant get my self interested into watching something, only "anime" I watched in my life were when I was young and RWBY.
DailyTuber
Level 33 : Artisan Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/30/2015 5:21 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
Well, it really just takes finding the right anime to watch. The first anime (Pokemon and Digimon aside) I saw seemed boring, I only watched ten minutes and decided it wasn't worth my time. Then a few months later I was recommended SAO, and that was pretty awesome. After finishing the first season, I wondered what I had been missing out on all my life, and started watching anime.
But you're right, half of the time I watch the first episode and decide I don't like it. I actually did end up watching that other anime, and it was pretty good. So yeah, you need to just find the right one. If you have friends that have seen a lot of anime, ask for a recommendation. It may be all you need to find one you like.
Also, about RWBY, is it good? I've considered watching it, but well, it kind of seems weird.
10/30/2015 4:04 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
Tehgr8meow
DailyTuberSo yeah, this is not a hate thread or anything just wondering how can people sit there in front of their computers and well watch anime?

I tried and well I somehow cant get my self interested into watching something, only "anime" I watched in my life were when I was young and RWBY.

Just watch the dragonball series, then you will love anime (not a promise, terms and conditions apply)
10/30/2015 3:56 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Ninja
Thrashyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Some anime's are interesting, some however are not.

It is terrible how people exaggerate all anime's as cringe, and the type of revealing anime. (Cannot say the name for obvious reasons)

If you ever wanted to watch a Anime, I suggest Naruto, or Tokyo Ghoul.
10/30/2015 3:46 am
Level 33 : Artisan Mage
DailyTuber
SpectreJamesTechnically, RWBY isn't an anime- the term anime strictly refers to animations that originated in Japan. RWBY is simply a cartoon but I'm splitting hairs here.

"I was gonna say something else too but I think the guy above me nailed it!

It depends on what definition you're going with. A lot of people still use "anime" to describe an animation from Japan, but these days, it's also used to describe the general style. Some people settle for calling an anime that was made in America an Americanime. So I guess you could call RWBY an Americanime.

It's like how Avatar: The Last Airbender is often referred to as both: an anime and an Americanime.

I pretty much often lean toward calling it an Americanime or an anime-like CG series, mostly so as not to upset anyone who stands firm with the definition of anime being "animation from Japan."

One of my friends who watches a tons of anime said this.
10/30/2015 3:37 am
Level 36 : Artisan Skinner
SpectreJames
Technically, RWBY isn't an anime- the term anime strictly refers to animations that originated in Japan. RWBY is simply a cartoon but I'm splitting hairs here.

I was gonna say something else too but I think the guy above me nailed it!
10/30/2015 3:31 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
How can people sit in front of their Tv and watch gameshows? or all of these "reality shows" which have about as much content as the 13-in-a-dozen anime I guess you're referring to.

My process was a slow introduction, starting with the 2 Avatar series, moving on to Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, HunterxHunter and One Piece in that order. I've started watching Code Geass and Naruto as well, though I lost my taste for the former after
Click to reveal
A large number of innocent people were massacred by one of the most innocent characters being accidentally mindcontrolled by the main 'protagonist'

and the latter has a tad too many fillers to binge-watch.

If you want to start, I recommend Fullmetal alchemist dubs, which are good quality dubs and have a great storyline ("dubs" means that the voice is overdubbed/voiced over in another language, I'm talking about the english versions here). watch FMA and FMA brotherhood in that order (2 parallel storylines following the same characters at different points).

If you're just wondering in general, think: why do people do anything? Usually because they either need to or want to. The latter is true in most cases here(ignoring crippling addictions, which exist).
I will say right now that for every quality anime, there are AT LEAST 2 dozen crappy ones. This is true for Tvshows and movies as well, but they're not as widely available on the internet as anime are, so you don't see most of the crappy ones online.

Try to imagine what your top 3 favorite fictional Tv Shows would look like if animated in the artstyle of anime (ignoring any weird things you may have seen with whatever anime you encountered). I doubt their storyline or characters would be too different from those of some of the more quality anime, though it may have a very different setting.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome