How Do Servers Get On The Popular Server Pop-Up?

CaptainSprinkles's Avatar CaptainSprinkles1/12/13 7:48 pm
1/12/2013 9:17 pm
Paril's Avatar Paril
Omg im really starting to rage. Pmc picks crappy servers then they get super popular... my server has been on pmc for 16 days and i'm alrdy on page 3 on top-list 300+ votes 31 Diamonds and about 30+ players.... and server only been for 2 weeks... So yes im starting to get mad! Server with 1 Diamond and 0 votes are on the pop-up for popular server??? ?WTF are they paying you or something????? But please just wtf its so weird
u shud give it to servers that deserve it
CaptainSprinkles
Level 7 : Apprentice Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/12/2013 8:34 pm
Level 24 : Expert Artist
Kittle
The why are you running a server? No point in running a server if you don't like. That's just stupid, no offence.
01/12/2013 8:38 pm
CaptainSprinkles
I love my server and my players, im having fun but im not just going to let it be a "little Kid" Server with a bunch of ops and shiz. I want a successful server. yes i have fun with it but i dont want to play around.
01/12/2013 8:45 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
RM_Epic
...and so you want to cheat just to be popular... making it your only goal? Or have fun WITH the off-chance of getting your server popular. I can see you wanting a successful server.. but there's a point where you go too far...
01/12/2013 8:49 pm
CaptainSprinkles
I don't want to cheat, but if that's what i have to do. I'm going to do it. I'm not going to let some little kid ruin something for me because they want to be Immature
01/12/2013 9:13 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
RM_Epic
You don't need to cheat in the first place. You already have your post at 32 diamonds, 700+ views, your server's trailer sitting at currently 2,000 views, and an average of 30 players in the 'late hours.' You have more views than iv'e ever had in my lifetime.
01/12/2013 8:17 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Creeper
BreakForthStudios
Well you've just demonstrated that you dont run your server for fun.

Only do something if you enjoy it. Not just to become popular.
01/12/2013 8:31 pm
CaptainSprinkles
Sooo you going to pay $51 a month to have "fun"
01/12/2013 8:25 pm
CaptainSprinkles
Im paying $51 a month.... You better not tell me to run this for fun
01/12/2013 8:09 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer
peonftw
-.-
01/12/2013 8:44 pm
CaptainSprinkles
LOL just noticed your a forum MOD
01/12/2013 8:13 pm
CaptainSprinkles
Lol if ur refering to mine idc, if others are going cheat! Why not i?????? I work hard on my server to make it its best but these cheaters come in and steal all of the FAME!
01/12/2013 7:55 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dolphin
VxC_Sway
They must've won a contest because if they get 2nd or 3rd place their profile is featured for a week.
01/12/2013 7:55 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
Code_7
1: the pop up thing on the homepage is selected by what gets the most views
2: pmc does not (as far as i know) pick what goes on that reel
3: a friend of mine got his server on the reel by using a viewbot, the forum mods are too busy locking threads and deleting thread posts to notice acts like this so i imagine that's how alot of them get on there
4: most of the servers on the reel seem really crappy probably cuz of reason 3
01/12/2013 9:17 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
1: Wrong. Views are a very small portion of the algorithm.
2: PMC picks the reel contenders, yes, via an automated algorithm.
3: Report him then. We will look into it. Forum mods don't handle submissions, they handle the forums - of course they are "locking threads and deleting posts". Derp.
4: Not necessarily. The quality of reel servers has increased much since we modified the algorithm, but you have to consider that reel spots are divided between up to 15 participants at once - and all 15 of them are picked to be the same level. Exactly what you consider "crappy" is personal opinion; people have to start somewhere.

Anybody who is caught using a viewbot will have their servers blacklisted on PMC and you'd also be helping us develop our anti-bot systems. It is only to our benefit, not yours, to use a viewbot.

-P
01/12/2013 8:07 pm
CaptainSprinkles
*cough* Where can i get a viewbot *cough*
01/12/2013 7:50 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Bunny
Drezi
I have been wondering this myself too.
01/12/2013 7:51 pm
CaptainSprinkles
Ik right i hope a mod reads this its really annoying like im not trying to be mean or self-centered but those server sucks and pmc just helps them! But they aren't even popular...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome