IOS 8 stops the Government from accessing your info

Colonellooo's Avatar Colonellooo9/23/14 12:05 am
1 emeralds 1.9k 82
9/23/2014 7:02 pm
-Baron's Avatar -Baron
In the most recent update to the iPhone's operating system Apple has introduced a new type of encryption that disables them and the Government from seeing your personal info. This includes but is not limited to photos, videos, contacts, call history, notes, and more. Even if the Government has a warrant to see your phone Apple will be unable to give up your data. The only way Apple could access your device with iOS 8 installed is with the passcode which they cannot obtain without you telling them the code. This excludes iCloud which Apple will still have to hand over information from if a warrant is given. One of the many reasons I love Apple is that they always seem to put the consumer first rather than other companies looking to make a quick buck. I'd like to hear others opinions on this matter.
Colonellooo
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/23/2014 7:02 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Guard
-Baron
I'm not letting any arguments, flame wars, etc. go on.

Lock.
09/23/2014 10:33 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
The NSA is bad and it is a terrible violating thing but honestly even if they collect data do you really think they have the time to go through and look at every random person's data? Probably not.
09/23/2014 10:28 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
As long as there is globalization, there will be government surveillance. Perhaps ios stops them from accessing your info now, but I'm sure they'll find a way in a short period of time, it's just how the world works.
Further more, are we hearing this from the people that have been rumored (and it's likely the truth) to give the info to the government themselves? Yes? I rest my case.
09/23/2014 5:47 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Pyro
CrespoChimp
Well yes, there will always be government surveillance under globalization. I really can't be bothered explaining myself out again. Look at the bottom of page 4. Should be the information that you need.

Doesn't everyone realise that, how possibly can a technology giant in the US work against the government? Just read that over again. How in the world can it not?

If Apple were to work against the government, it will be taxed extremely until it gets bankrupt. No profitable company, especially in the US can work against the government.

And do I seriously have to tell everyone again that the NSA exists. They can legally look at every single message, phone call, raw internet history and many more things.

It's not voluntarily that companies give private information to the government.
THEY HAVE TO.

Any Apple phone has no privacy at all. Everything gets stored away.
It's propaganda that the common core society of America just sucks in. Do your research. For a more detailed approach to this subject, look at the bottom of page 4.
09/23/2014 10:20 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Why should government even access your personal info?
09/23/2014 6:12 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Pyr0mrcow
You must be new here. Welcome to Life!
09/23/2014 10:30 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TheCrafter MC
I don't think they should but well, there the government. Have you seen what they do to protesters? They spray tear gas on people!
09/23/2014 10:08 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
any device with IOS 8 can be charged by putting it in a microwave for 10 minutes
09/23/2014 10:11 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Afootpluto
09/23/2014 9:57 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
"I don't care if Apple, the NSA, or the entire world sees it. I'd only care when my parents see it. I mean if you know what I mean."

This would definitely be me. XD
09/23/2014 9:30 am
Colonellooo
AfootplutoGive us a source that I heard of before not s random one

How many more of these do I need to give you?....

Heres one by the New York Times about the previous page
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/09/techn ... wanted=all
09/23/2014 9:23 am
Afootpluto
dog51848
Afootpluto
dog51848
http://www.apple.com/privacy/government ... -requests/

How about give us a source that isn't made by apple.

Heres something Apple is taking part in
https://www.reformgovernmentsurveillance.com/

Give us a source that I heard of before not s random one
09/23/2014 9:22 am
Colonellooo
Afootpluto
dog51848

Heres something Apple is taking part in
https://www.reformgovernmentsurveillance.com/
09/23/2014 9:15 am
Afootpluto
dog51848

09/23/2014 9:07 am
Colonellooo
Afootpluto
dog51848
SloPro11BTW apple has your Name, surname, credit card, even fingerprint, adress, and more.
Plus, they sell it to government.

Then you say that care about costumers. Use common sense.

If anything Apple is trying to stop Government surveillance.

That is so incorrect it is funny.

09/23/2014 9:05 am
Afootpluto
dog51848
SloPro11BTW apple has your Name, surname, credit card, even fingerprint, adress, and more.

If anything Apple is trying to stop Government surveillance.

That is so incorrect it is funny.
09/23/2014 9:03 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Puncher
Hunajameloni
dog51848In the most recent update to the iPhone's operating system Apple has introduced a new type of encryption that disables them and the Government from seeing your personal info. This includes but is not limited to photos, videos, contacts, call history, notes, and more. Even if the Government has a warrant to see your phone Apple will be unable to give up your data. The only way Apple could access your device with iOS 8 installed is with the passcode which they cannot obtain without you telling them the code. This excludes iCloud which Apple will still have to hand over information from if a warrant is given. One of the many reasons I love Apple is that they always seem to put the consumer first rather than other companies looking to make a quick buck. I'd like to hear others opinions on this matter.

One word: Propaganda

And because this is thread about company which milks the hell out of their fanboys, I shall never come to this thread again. I absolutely hate Apple and what they do.
Like Apple's iPhones are not expensive enough, they try to milk everything out of their customers. Like for example different type of charger, no removable battery or sd cards. If you want more memory, you HAVE to buy new phone, which is absolutely stupid. If they would make iPhones price to something they should be ( 150 euros ), it would be more reasonable. But no. iPhone 4S 16gb costs over 500 euros! while Samsung Galaxy S3 ( 16gb, plus buyable sd cards, bigger screen and better tech stuff ) costs only 200 euros. Wake up fanboys, wake up.
09/23/2014 8:37 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
minecraftian2424
dog51848
PlunderPixelsYou are seriously the most idiotic humans being I have ever seen and have no clue of what you speak.

Please do your research before commenting good sir! Now you look like an idiot.
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/app ... -in-ios-8/

Hmm thats odd this one was even published by The New York Times! Group of idiots right? No.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/09/1 ... blogs&_r=0

"Apple Says iOS 8 Update Keeps Data Private, Even From the Police"
They can say whatever they want, but it still doesn't mean it's true.

And since they made alot of money selling their overpriced products they could bribe them.
09/23/2014 8:35 am
minecraftian2424
If you believe them, send someone a message, call them or whatever saying that you'll bomb something or kill someone, you'll see what happens next.
09/23/2014 9:02 am
Colonellooo
Messages are handled through your cell phone company such as AT&T or Verizon not Apple. If the Government wants messages they go to the phones carrier not the phone's producer.
09/23/2014 8:33 am
minecraftian2424
BTW apple has your Name, surname, credit card, even fingerprint, adress, and more.

09/23/2014 9:01 am
Colonellooo
Sure they may have all of those things but they don't sell them to the Government... If anything Apple is trying to stop Government surveillance. Why would they need to sell things to the Government if they already have all of those things. That makes absolutely no sense.
09/23/2014 8:30 am
minecraftian2424
They can say it, but it's still not truth. And apple doesn't really care for their customers, they just want to make money.
09/23/2014 8:19 am
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
So it's the go-to phone for terrorists/spies now?
09/23/2014 9:08 am
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
09/23/2014 7:50 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Scapegoat
Gab_Cab
*Pfffttt*
Next you'll be telling me you can charge the phone in a microwave.
09/23/2014 7:53 am
Afootpluto
09/23/2014 7:57 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
09/23/2014 7:36 am
Afootpluto
This is me reading this thread.
09/23/2014 7:27 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
I really doubt that Apple can stop governments from spying on them, what about your internet provider? They give info to the governments, in other words the only way to escape NSA is turning on internet and doing your illegal deeds offline.
09/23/2014 6:01 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
This is a paradox since it is known, and told to us by Edward Snowden that Apple sells info to the government.
09/23/2014 8:30 am
minecraftian2424
09/23/2014 6:05 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon
Sonadel
Wait... did Edward Snowden specifically call Apple out? Or was it other companies and/or just as a general statement that companies give information to the government?

I honestly have no quarrel with the government having my info. What are they going to do with it? Make me read it? No. I'm not doing anything shady, so they shouldn't find me too interesting or even get up in my grill.
09/23/2014 8:31 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
He called out several large companies. Microsoft is no better than Apple, neither is Facebook. Just saying.
09/23/2014 3:12 am
Level 39 : Artisan Modder
GamerBah
dog51848In the most recent update to the iPhone's operating system Apple has introduced a new type of encryption that disables them and the Government from seeing your personal info... -blah blah blah #snip- ... One of the many reasons I love Apple is that they always seem to put the consumer first rather than other companies looking to make a quick buck. I'd like to hear others opinions on this matter.

Wait wait, did you just say that Apple values their customers more than the products & themselves?

*throws dog out a window*

As far as I'm concerned, and as it appears to me and many others, Apple is a company that cares the LEAST about their customers. I'm going to go pay almost $1000 on a new iPhone that has a new security feature that doesn't actually do anything. Yes, Apple totally puts their consumers first, not the amount of money they are making.

Apple puts more "sugar" into 1 product than major candy companies would in a whole year.

This is why we stick to Microsoft, guys.

#MicrosoftMasterRace
09/23/2014 1:40 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Pyro
CrespoChimp
I am very dumbfounded by all the stupidity on this thread. This is about the privacy of your phone and the government not being able to access it because of 'certain features'.

Has the world forgotten that the NSA (National Security Agency) is alive. Have you forgotten that it is a global monitoring program? Have you forgotten that they store every single call you make, email, facebook posts, instant messages, your raw internet traffic and many other things. The NSA is a government agency that serves to 'protect' the US. 'Protect' because they might find a 'terrorist' in your country. So they store 100's of millions of people's whole internet and messaging records just so they might find 30 people who may terrorise the public. I'm not going to go into that side of the topic because people just are so close-minded and don't believe the truth.

I'm saying here that the US government indeed has access to all the information about you. They can use this information about you to put you in jail with no trial. They may have found you mentioned some words from 10 years ago and they can use this information to put you in jail with no say. That's a democracy you say? It defies the laws of habeas corpus.

"habeas corpus"
'a writ requiring a person under arrest to be brought before a judge or into court, especially to secure the person's release unless lawful grounds are shown for their detention.
the legal right to apply for a habeas corpus.'

This law, is one of the fundamental laws that makes up a democracy. So you call America a democracy? Oh, there I go again, off topic. So basically, your US. Government has access to everything about you. They know every single call and message and history you have searched ever. And now you may think, 'Oh how, with all the people in the world, how can they store all this information?'.

They store it in the Utah Data Centre, that costed a whopping $1.5 billion. 100,000 square feet of data space. They estimate the storage capacity is between 3 and 12 exabytes (1 EX = 1 billion gigabytes). So yeah, they can store most of the US, Australian and New Zealand population. The NSA use to find all the information about you using this program called XKeyscore.

"XKeyscore or XKEYSCORE (abbreviated as XKS) is a formerly secret computer system first used by the United States National Security Agency for searching and analyzing Internet data it collects worldwide every day. The program has been shared with other spy agencies including the Australian Signals Directorate, New Zealand's Government Communications Security Bureau and the German Bundesnachrichtendienst." ~Wikipedia.

So those who are arguing that Apple has created some 'special features' that stops the government from getting your information, you seriously need a wake-up call.

So yeah, they also say that they can listen through your apple microphone which is actually always on. That's a rumour that I hope isn't true.

I hope you were informed by my correct opinion on how the government can access all the information about you no matter what 'special features', they have added.

Do you seriously think that a tech giant like apple will be working against the government. Oh this is a joke.

Wake up people, or sip your koolaid.

~Cres.
09/23/2014 1:12 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Team
Alright, if you are in 9th grade and under you might not gets this. I'll try to put it in English.

We all have a constitution.

Because of this constitution it reads in Amendment IX...
"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."
AND Most importantly in the Fourteenth Amendment...
"No State shall... deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."

Meaning we have privacy, most of you are asking, "Why don't they just say they can't access our phones". This was 1787. If you didn't know phones were invented in 1876.

Anyway, what the government is doing illegal, and this is why they are not looking through every single phone or even making a law. If they did this then we would have a right to overthrow our government, which they don't want happening. So notice, they will never, ever make a law or search everyone's phone unless they want the United States to start the American Revolution all over again....

You gotta admit, I did good, I deserve a A+
09/23/2014 7:31 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Like you said that was 1787, when USA was considered the "Land of liberty", i don't see it like that anymore, this is 2014 not 1787.

It's PROVEN that NSA spies on you.
09/23/2014 1:11 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
-AceR-
This thread is cancerous
09/23/2014 1:03 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Apple can say what they want. Doesn't mean it is true.
09/23/2014 1:03 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Goblin
Littleminer14
Guys, did I do good enough to give myself a 3rd place?
09/23/2014 1:02 am
Littleminer14
@Unlocked, you did a pretty good job so I give you 2nd place

09/23/2014 1:01 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
DeathNote_15
Let me just finish off this debate by saying:
America doesn't have the best government, not now at least. Its not even considered a triple a (AAA) country anymore. Its not the worlds greatest empire; a newer one will take over. Basically, Im trying to say that Americas government as well as financial debt will topple itself over without anyone doing anything about it.

Prepares for incoming hate.
09/23/2014 12:54 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
PlunderPixels
My point not yet complete... They break the rules to keep us safe. They don't want the police dead when a violent breakout happens when a bomb goes off. It's the only way to help. They turn to innocent upstanders that fight against a common enemy but being mistaken on who is wh. Goodbye! I think the topic should be locked as it is way off topic but is not for me to judge
09/23/2014 12:58 am
Littleminer14
Heres your trophy for winning first place in this argument
09/23/2014 12:49 am
PlunderPixels
My point is proven I am done here! Have a good night!
09/23/2014 12:48 am
PlunderPixels
Unlocked
Littleminer14
Unlocked If someone illegally tried to enter private property without permission or a search warrant, you could call the police and they would be obligated to arrest the person.

Except if the person had a CIA badge, because Police are lower rank than them. And we are talking about getting digital info, not going into someone's house. The CIA/NSA won't come to your house unless your a terrorist or something like that

We kinda strayed into the topic of physical property. That's why I was saying that.

No worries I explained my thoughts on the matter
09/23/2014 12:48 am
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
What happened to No one is above the law.
Littleminer14
What happened to "Humans and governments never do corrupt things"

Oh wait, thats not true...
PlunderPixels
No one is. They just evade it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024