Closed

PKMNmastercass's Avatar PKMNmastercass11/3/18 4:29 pm history
1 emeralds 367 8
11/21/2018 11:14 pm
TheOrangeCharizard's Avatar TheOrangeCharizard

PKMNmastercass
Level 48 : Master Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/21/2018 11:14 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon
TheOrangeCharizard
Its not as popular as it once was but the fanbase is still growing. Minecraft is just being outshined by other games at the moment.
11/21/2018 8:32 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
AGTRigorMortis
If it was declining, why would Mojang/Microsoft bother putting bedrock edition on the Nintendo Switch? with 144 million total game sales (all versions across various platforms) I seriously doubt the game is dying or is even at significant risk of that occurring.

This is a game that is likely to survive decades, it's already survived almost 1 decade since the beta of 2009. Especially since Mojang have continued to release new content for the game. Both Java MC and bedrock edition have recently received the aquatic update, bedrock edition is now cross playble on 5 platforms and millions of users still active on both. There isn't any evidence to suggest there's a decline.
11/11/2018 11:42 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
Minecraft is nowhere near dead since no new game has been able to take it's place. Games die when the players finish the game or move on to a new game that takes the place of the old one. Minecraft might only be updated slowly, providing only a little bit of new content to keep the game from being "finished" (or fully explored to the point that you need to move on) by players. However, the number of games built within minecraft add so much more playtime than just the base game itself, preventing it from reaching this state of completion. If another survival game with a fully editable world comes out, that will take away much of the playerbase. It's so hard to outdo minecraft without ripping it off, though, that it is unlikely this will happen for many years to come.
11/05/2018 9:45 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Do people who ask these sort of questions think about their question before asking? No, generally not.
1. This is just paraphrasing the age-old "Iz mincrafd ded" question, which has been asked since Java 1.4, if not earlier.
2. Change =/= death. Java edition might be getting less popular but the total amount of minecraft player is still increasing.
3. if it is, why would it matter? What are you gonna do about it?
11/05/2018 10:32 am
PKMNmastercass
First of all, I did think about this question before asking the community. I wanted the input of fellow Minecraft fans to see what they had to say. This is not an "Iz mincrafd ded", which I take great offense because this is an intelligent conversation in which I would like to have. I am NOT a child.
   In the comment section of the video, people were agreeing with the statement even though many people were not even part of the Minecraft community in any way, shape or form.
Second of all, I in no way agree with the statement that Minecraft is losing its popularity.
Lastly, I`m not trying to change anything or do anything about it, this is ENTIRELY meant to see other people`s opinions, solely out of curiosity.
So next time you think about what you comment. If you have nothing to add to the discussion, besides trashing questions politely being asked, then simply ignore it. Have a great day.
11/05/2018 4:22 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
I'm sorry but anyone who asks this question, no matter how fancily they phrase it, comes across as someone who doesn't pay attention to the world around them.
In the past year alone, I've seen at least 50 variations of this question. I'll admit you're the first of them actually capable of carrying a conversation, but it's still an incredibly useless question to ask. Factually, there's nothing declining about it, and subjectively any change to any game will have people wishing for "the good old days".
11/05/2018 6:20 pm
PKMNmastercass
I`ve only been a member here for about 3 or 4 months, so I have yet to see someone ask this question before. Questions don`t always have to have a meaning, questions are meant to help gather knowledge about certain topics, and this is the topic I would like to talk about. And once again, I`m not saying it is declining in any way, but rather it's changing. And a change that I believe will benefit the franchise as a whole.
11/05/2018 9:03 am
PKMNmastercass
For anyone who doesn`t understand what"declining wagon" means its basically saying Minecraft is losing popularity and interest and is becoming worse.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome