Laptop Runs TOO Fast... Help please

guestds's Avatar guestds3/14/15 6:32 pm
3/14/2015 9:33 pm
AkirAssasin's Avatar AkirAssasin
basicly my laptop runs too fast to play minecraft efficiently because it makes the mouse speed up if im running too fast i tryed a lag machine its either too laggy or wont lag me especially when i go into the space station (Galacticraft) so i need help lagging my minecraft but nothing else please (im on Windows 8, it has no logic, i think i have non either in this post i hope you understand what i mean)
guestds
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/14/2015 9:33 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
If it happens not only in Minecraft, check the surface you move your mouse on. If you move from a rough to a smooth and shiny surface it changes the speed. If the surface is irregular it might happen too. Don't forget to make sure your mouse has no connectivity problems. Try using a different mouse on a flat mousepad.
03/14/2015 7:33 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
guestdsbasicly my laptop runs too fast to play minecraft efficiently because it makes the mouse speed up if im running too fast i tryed a lag machine its either too laggy or wont lag me especially when i go into the space station (Galacticraft) so i need help lagging my minecraft but nothing else please (im on Windows 8, it has no logic, i think i have non either in this post i hope you understand what i mean)

Your mouse DPI is too. High your FPS is not too high. In programming, to prevent this sort of thing, functions are often multiplied by delta time (basically stuff in the code is controlled by the change in time, so your FPS doesn't affect how fast the game actually runs). Without this, days would last for different amounts of time in minecraft, and, essentially, faster PCs would have shorter days. In short, you PC speed wouldn't affect stuff like this.

Anyway, I get around 220FPS solid and my mouse does not run away. Either decrease your mouse sensitivity (ingame, or turn down your DPI if it's a gaming mouse), or get a mouse with a lower DPI.
03/14/2015 7:25 pm
Level 26 : Expert Ranger
Puor
I'd just say try another mouse and troubleshoot from there.
03/14/2015 7:03 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Crafter
retrograde_
-snip-
03/14/2015 6:58 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
Alright, alright. Let me make this simple for you. Follow the steps.

Step 1.) Open Minecraft.
Step 2.) Click "Play" and let the game load.
Step 3.) Click on "Options".
Step 4.) Select "Controls".
Step 5.) At the top, there is a sensitivity bar. Lower it, and go back in game and see if it feels right.
Step 6.) If it's still too sensitive, repeat steps 3-5.

If this doesn't fix your problem, then please stop trolling. Thanks!
03/14/2015 7:09 pm
guestds
thats not the problem and im not trolling it just speeds up because it was running to fast im not responding here because everyone ignored that it was speeding up by itself not the settings being to high/low
03/14/2015 7:13 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Phant
Could you please try to speak more clearly? Everybody is trying their best to help you. Have you at least tried adjusting your mouse sensitivity to make sure that isn't the problem?
03/14/2015 6:53 pm
guestds
the mouse speeds up in minecraft because its running too fast but not in gmod or portal or other games like that
03/14/2015 6:57 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
...Turn the mouse sensitivity down in game.
03/14/2015 6:51 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Clearly explain your problem so we can understand.
03/14/2015 6:45 pm
Level 47 : Master Engineer
The_Smartass
telling us that it "speeds up" is not enough to help you. If you mean that when you move the mouse and the camera whips around really fast, than that is a sensitivity issue in the settings
03/14/2015 6:43 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Modder
Clayblock
guestds
ClayblockSo..... your mouse is too fast?

no it speeds up randomly and its not a virus doing that i added mods for some reason that made me faster so i dont get that logic i need help getting minecraft slower ill just uninstall all of the "laggy" ones ill respond if it doesnt work but if it does i wont and if you are sending a message now for a suggestion send it still please

Can you please write correctly? I cant understand a word you are saying.
03/14/2015 6:41 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Turn down mouse sensitivity. That'll solve your problem. Should be able to do it from control panel.

Or just cap your FPS.
03/14/2015 6:46 pm
guestds
idk what you mean cap the fps explain plz?
03/14/2015 6:35 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Modder
Clayblock
So..... your mouse is too fast?
03/14/2015 6:39 pm
guestds
no it speeds up randomly and its not a virus doing that i added mods for some reason that made me faster so i dont get that logic i need help getting minecraft slower ill just uninstall all of the "laggy" ones ill respond if it doesnt work but if it does i wont and if you are sending a message now for a suggestion send it still please
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome