Dr. H_MAN'S serious advice post. [Serious advice ONLY]

eccsdee's Avatar eccsdee4/15/13 1:20 pm
1 emeralds 164 9
4/16/2013 1:29 pm
eccsdee's Avatar eccsdee
Hey guys, I'm back with another advice post, but this time it's just serious. Last time, I kinda felt sorry for the guys who actually needed help among the other comments, so here's a post for them. Last time I solved loads of problems from 'how do I get my level to be noticed?' to 'should I ask out this person?' So if you post below, hopefully I can help you. If you wish to ask without everyone knowing, PM me.

Again, why am I doing this? Because I consider myself good at sorting out problems, and yes, this is what I do when I'm bored

Link for unserious/other advice: post1974641.html#p1974641
eccsdee
Level 26 : Expert Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Kosmokiller
04/16/2013 11:25 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Batman
what is the best way to level up on pmc?
eccsdee
04/16/2013 1:29 pm
Upload lots of projects, and make sure lots if people know about it, so they can diamond it, and hopefully it will become popular.
eccsdee
04/16/2013 11:23 am
Bump
A5H73Y
04/15/2013 1:53 pm
Level 42 : Master Modder
I used to have google adsense on my site which made me £8 a day but I got banned because of some *****s...
Anyway, my plugin server isnt public yet but i've made an option to donate to have your plugin showcased on the server or to support my work Hopefully it will pay off
eccsdee
04/15/2013 2:06 pm
Hope it all goes well
A5H73Y
04/15/2013 1:42 pm
I already have video tutorials, some with 53,000+ views. But I dislike youtube now and refuse to use it. The server is small and only costs £5 a month, I have a job but I would like the server to fund itself. Also I cannot charge for plugins :/
eccsdee
04/15/2013 1:47 pm
That's a hard question. I would recommend asking the people who use the plugins [or server] for optional donations to keep the server going, or if only a small amount of people use the server, and it's only for tutorials, you could consider getting a free server. If any website/youtube account you own has lots of views, you could put ads on it, which could earn a bit more money, yet I still doubt it will pay for the whole server.
A5H73Y
04/15/2013 1:25 pm
I develop plugins on a daily basis, I also need a way to create an income to fund my server which I host to provide tutorials for each of my plugins, what should I do?
eccsdee
04/15/2013 1:36 pm
Here are some ideas that you could use to help you, I hope you find them useful

Option 1:
Click to reveal
You could make youtube videos showing people how to use the plugins, and instead of using a server to show people how to do it, you can put the videos on a free website with some text to tell them what to do beneath the video.

Option 2:
Click to reveal
How big is the server? You can get a smaller server for free, and have a 'waiting room' if you like, on the website so that people can take turns to come on the server and be showed what to do.

Option 3:
Click to reveal
You could put a note saying that you will have to stop allowing the plugins to be free if you don't have enough funding.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome