Minecraft... Caused School Violence?

Danielpark5's Avatar Danielpark59/29/13 11:39 pm
9/29/2013 11:57 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
Ok... so today I was doing internet, and I typed in Minceraft, because that's an Easter egg in the game's title screen. But then this news article caught my eye...

http://kotaku.com/now-weve-heard-it-all ... 1418633346
Minecraft blamed in school violence.

"They use hammers to dig and knives and guns to protect themselves from zombies,"
... Wow.
Danielpark5
Level 37 : Artisan Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/29/2013 11:57 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
09/29/2013 11:54 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
Swimmer1929
ImaLittleCreeperYeah I heard of that, the father is just ignorant and does not want to be blamed for neglecting to notice his 9 year old son bringing such weapons to school, and looked for the first turn to blame, minecraft. They don't even have that IN minecraft so it's just like no stop talking. The funniest part you ask? It actually worked and the court was convinced. Regular ignorant people if you ask me.

Regular ignorant people

I guess I'm regular.
Wait...
So does that mean....
No...
It can't.
That hurts bro ;(

No worries I wasn't talking about us people. I was talking about them people. You know the ones that blame everything on anyone younger than 20? Yeah them.
09/29/2013 11:52 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
"They use hammers to dig and knives and guns to protect themselves from zombies," The dad saying this REALLY made me mad because you use a SHOVEL/SPADE to dig (how do you dig with a hammer?!?!) there are NO guns (really?) and no knives (a sword is not the same thing). So why would you blame minecraft for this? Maybe the kid just said to himself "My ignorant dad would not care, so let me show this shiny things to my friends for show and tell!" Pssssht makes me so angry to see parents flaunting around not caring like this.
09/29/2013 11:56 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
Swimmer1929
While I do agree with you, you do also have to realize that Minecraft does desensitize children, especially 9 year olds. I'm not saying it's violent, but there is lots of PvP, killing mobs and other "violent" elements in the game. Nevertheless, that is not a valid reason for a 9 year old child to take weapons to school; the parent is to blame (my opinion).
09/29/2013 11:52 pm
Danielpark5
Swimmer1929
ImaLittleCreeperYeah I heard of that, the father is just ignorant and does not want to be blamed for neglecting to notice his 9 year old son bringing such weapons to school, and looked for the first turn to blame, minecraft. They don't even have that IN minecraft so it's just like no stop talking. The funniest part you ask? It actually worked and the court was convinced. Regular ignorant people if you ask me.

Regular ignorant people

I guess I'm regular.
Wait...
So does that mean....
No...
It can't.
That hurts bro ;(

Lolz, I just can't believe that a 9 year old brought weapons to school and called his friends zombies... kind of funny xD
09/29/2013 11:48 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pirate
Eclipse_Assassin
This was on another forum post
09/29/2013 11:51 pm
Danielpark5
Sorry :*( I never knew that...
09/29/2013 11:47 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
Yeah I heard of that, the father is just ignorant and does not want to be blamed for neglecting to notice his 9 year old son bringing such weapons to school, and looked for the first turn to blame, minecraft. They don't even have that IN minecraft so it's just like no stop talking. The funniest part you ask? It actually worked and the court was convinced. Regular ignorant people if you ask me.
09/29/2013 11:53 pm
Danielpark5
Yea, that's why Minecraft is rated 10 year old and up, haha. Seriously, I never knew this would happen. What are the parents teaching them anyways?
09/29/2013 11:50 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
Swimmer1929
Regular ignorant people

I guess I'm regular.
Wait...
So does that mean....
No...
It can't.
That hurts bro ;(
09/29/2013 11:46 pm