Minecraft should add a 3rd player modelcamera

muckfeat's Avatar muckfeat1/18/23 3:38 am
1/22/2023 3:27 pm
sigstop's Avatar sigstop
There should be a 3rd player model with its head angled at a 45* angle on the y axis.

There's already a ton of really great skins that center the face on either the left or right corner so there wouldn't be any shortage of available skins, additionally neither the texture mapping nor the model itself would require any changes, so from a practical standpoint implementation would be a breeze, aside from integrating it into the launcher, it would probably be as simple as the adjustment of one value in a .json file somewhere.

It's clear that, especially recently, minecraft is trying to widen and diversify the options for default character selection, I think it's fairly obvious that this is intended to provide a more representative cast of default characters, and even though it isn't really in the spirit of that, I think the 45* degree model could be used to implement some more variety in the form of fantastical creatures into the default roster.

The last handful of mobs added to minecraft seem to be leaning towards some original fantasy monster concepts and I think that trend could be continued into minecraft's first non-human default character, the 45* does give the head an interesting shape that visually is more sharp and angles the eyes in interesting ways. It achieves great effect when paired with teeth and could be used to give minecraft a slightly creepier default character than previously seen.

furthermore in gameplay I think these skins would be functionally exactly the same, I doubt that seeing where the head of another player was pointing would be difficult as the head would still rotate the same on the z axis, and the slight widening of the head (as it appears from the front) wouldn't misrepresent the hitbox of the character in any noticeable way.

Finally I just think it would be cool to expand minecraft's psuedo-lore to canonically include non-human crafters, not to mention it would be really nice to see microsoft's artist tackle skinning this new model.

anyone agree, did i convince anyone. whocares>>
muckfeat
Level 11 : Journeyman System