Minecraft on Steam

Eddie_vs_Minecraft's Avatar Eddie_vs_Minecraft12/10/14 6:10 am
1 emeralds 372 6
12/10/2014 1:42 pm
Jacob Rigoberto's Avatar Jacob Rigoberto
What do you guys think, should Minecraft be added as a steam game with workshop support?
Eddie_vs_Minecraft
Level 33 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/10/2014 1:42 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
Notch made an note a few years back that he would not want Minecraft on Steam, because of Valve's weird rules. "Don't get me wrong, Steam is an awesome platform, but not for Minecraft" -Notch.
12/10/2014 1:00 pm
Level 49 : Master Batman
Casamify
i dont think it should be added to steam.

also Mojang never wanted Minecraft to be on Steam
12/10/2014 12:54 pm
Level 20 : Expert Artist
Randomguy135
Steam makes it very hard to mod/take files from games and minecraft is very flexable compare to some games.
All games on steam are compiled into weird file types that you would need a special file converter tool to undo.
Lets say you wanted to make a texture pack, you may have to convert all .png files to .tga or something like that just so the steam version could read it.
Besides, minecraft in my opinion is too profitable to just give to steam.
Minecraft doesn't need to let steam take 30% income just so it can be advertised, and as far as I know steam doesn't have much it can offer to a successful game like minecraft.
12/10/2014 11:19 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
Just....why? Why would someone pay for Minecraft on Steam (which will make it even more expensive thanks to GabeN's Law) when they can go buy it on minecraft.net for $26 and still receive great gameplay? Also, why would they add Workshop support? That's what Modders are for!
12/10/2014 10:46 am
Level 23 : Expert Scribe
TheThinker
Steam is a great place to advertise a game and an easy way to get it to the people that want to play it. Steam also charges a hefty percent of the profits for every game sold (I've heard it could be as high as 30%). I see no reason why Microsoft will sacrifice profits to gain something they don't really need.
12/10/2014 6:24 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
MrAllyxx
I highly doubt that will happen, but anything is possible. It would be helpful for noobs though, for installing mods and such.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome