My Unemployment Pickle

Belial6's Avatar Belial67/30/21 7:27 pm
8/29/2021 10:27 am
sujith96's Avatar sujith96
I'm curious to see if anyone has any good advise for me. I quit my job working at a god-forsaken factory a few months ago in the interests of my mental health and I've been unemployed ever since. The traditional 40-hours-a-week deal is my personal white whale, and I'd really like a way to make money from home. I'm decent at writing and mentally orchestrating/managing/organizing etc. (I'm an INTJ). I've got enough money to live on for a bit but I want to get going. Any ideas, or suggestions?
Belial6
Level 57 : Grandmaster Wizard

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2021 10:11 pmhistory
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Senpai
YokaiS
Like Firebolt said, a job that's good for you really depends on what you're actually interested in, otherwise you won't enjoy it and probably quit it again. My dad got a degree in mechanical engineering iirc, and went on to programming and he worked for Microsoft until he quit and went to a different company as a software engineer. My mom wanted to be a staff member at a restaurant, and that became her first job! She then went on to working at a supermarket I think, but quit, and now she's a dance teacher, and she seems to really enjoy it.

My parents worked hard to get to what they've wanted to do, and I think you can do that same too :)

You should also think about what you CAN do, like some special skill you have that makes you unique from other people so you can be hired and work successfully. Although I'm not old enough to get a job yet, I would think of getting hired as being accepted to go to a university you want to go to. My sister was part of this robotics team at her high school and became the lead for computer-aided design, and she also was a tutor at some point for some other robotics thing. She was accepted to several universities, and she chose to go to RPI in which she went for the major of mechanical engineering. That university is so strong with the engineering stuff, there's literally merch for that place that says "Engineers".

coincidence? pure luck? i think not

My family shows me that dedication is very important to achieve your goals. If you have a large interest, you should focus on it most and try to get a job relating to it. I don't have experience in gaining money myself, so this is really all I can tell you. Good luck :)
07/30/2021 9:43 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Mlem Mlem Bat
HuoKnight
well, what are your interests?
07/30/2021 11:02 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Wizard
Belial6
I guess maybe my real problem is that I don't have any marketable interests or talents. I don't visualize myself as anything specific. I don't like the idea of anything enough to be willing to pursue it. Everything seems like more of a chore to me than anything else. I hate the idea of going back to college. I don't even really use social media. I guess I'll just have wait and see if I ever come across something I can sink my teeth into.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome