Need help choosing computer-related career!

Pikachu089's Avatar Pikachu0897/9/15 8:55 pm
7/10/2015 9:21 pm
EmeraldEclipse's Avatar EmeraldEclipse
Hello, PMC! Today I was thinking: what career in computer technology do I want? I'm still young (6th grade) but care greatly about my future and what college I go to. I also need suggestions on what college would be great for something like this! Maybe ITT Tech, or somewhere you think is best. I would like a knowledgeable answer, not something like, "Hey, go wrk 4 M$, you will get lots of moneys!" I appreciate all comments in advance!
Pikachu089
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

EmeraldEclipse
07/10/2015 9:21 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
Ok, so he said several different degrees lead to InfoSec. You could go the computer route and get a degree in computer science or engineering. You could also go the business route and get a degree in auditing. And a bachelors degree.
Pikachu089
07/10/2015 1:49 pm
EmeraldEclipse
Pikachu089And network/info security sounds good, but do I need a bachelor's our master's degree, and in what ?

I can tell you this evening when my interviewee (the guy i was asking for stuff to say about InfoSec) gets home.

Ok, Thnx!
EmeraldEclipse
07/10/2015 9:52 am
Pikachu089And network/info security sounds good, but do I need a bachelor's our master's degree, and in what ?

I can tell you this evening when my interviewee (the guy i was asking for stuff to say about InfoSec) gets home.
Pikachu089
07/10/2015 2:02 am
Game developing sounds very interesting, but if I were to strive for this, I'd rather work from home or for myself. Working for myself would be highly difficult from what I've heard, and working from home might not be an option in some cases. And network/info security sounds good, but do I need a bachelor's our master's degree, and in what ?
SBSolar
07/10/2015 10:25 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Farmer
Game designing is a field with very very very very few job positions available, and even then, it's highly competitive. Good luck getting a job in that field, and also if you do it on your own, it would be close to impossible to make a full-time career out of it.
Pikachu089
07/10/2015 1:50 pm
I thought about this, it would probably be a side project.
Jedi
07/10/2015 1:24 am
Level 29 : Expert Artist
I'm personally going into the career field of game development, so I would say work for a game development company that is hiring programmers.

Or just be a freelance coder.
JozyP
07/10/2015 12:50 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
Well, I don't know about you, it is really your choice. I am going into 8th grade soon and when I get a job it will be helping people clean, scan for viruses, get rid of viruses, scan for adware, and remove adware. Those are easy tasks for me to complete but I would not want to use online programs to do it. I would go to people's homes and personaly help them with there pc. It is time that people learn about computers, rather than blaming them for their own mistakes. To many programs are dumbed down for stupid people who are lazy and don't want to learn. I hate that and would like to change it.
Knightsundere
07/10/2015 12:23 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Software engineering, from what I hear, is an incredibly hard field to qualify for. It's good to strive for that, but it's not something you should put all of your chips into.

Web designing I'd stay away from because of how many people are already competing with you; it's something everyone is in/going for.

Networking/Information Security is actually a pretty good suggestion.
Pikachu089
07/09/2015 9:27 pm
I'm interested in web designing, software engineering, and would like to learn some more about information security. Thanks for the answers so far!!
EmeraldEclipse
07/09/2015 10:34 pm
So Information Security is basically protecting important data from hackers. They also deal with forensic investigations and encryption. You need a wide variety of skills, like general computer skills, programming, Linux, and networking, ESPECIALLY networking.
Thats a rough job description, you can Google Information Security if you are interested.
Nakudan
07/09/2015 9:41 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Well a few that I know of are The Art Institute, ITT Tech, snhu and a few more that my friends and I are interested so feel free to check into those choices from those accredited institutions but also check within your area because I've heard that dormitory lifestyles can be pestering sometimes but whatever
Nakudan
07/09/2015 9:14 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Pikachu089Hello, PMC! Today I was thinking: what career in computer technology do I want? I'm still young (6th grade) but care greatly about my future and what college I go to. I also need suggestions on what college would be great for something like this! Maybe ITT Tech, or somewhere you think is best. I would like a knowledgeable answer, not something like, "Hey, go wrk 4 M$, you will get lots of moneys!" I appreciate all comments in advance!

Depends, what do you like to do so far in Computer Technology?
EmeraldEclipse
07/09/2015 9:01 pm
How about Information Security? It gets pretty technical, and you (sometimes) get to see some pretty sweet, fancy gadgets. It's not rocket science, but you won't be bored! Just throwing my 2 cents in.
Edit: If you want to know more, you can ask me. I was just tossing in the short easy version.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome