[REQUEST] Need Web Devs, Web Designers & Graphic Designers

[] Xero []'s Avatar [] Xero []6/3/14 12:43 am
1 emeralds 1.6k 34
6/9/2014 6:44 pm
CascadianX's Avatar CascadianX
Hello, I'm in need of people to join my business. below you'll see a link leading to a Google Docs about requirements, if you qualify for them, I've made some applications forms that you can fill out and post in response. Let us jump right in

Requirements via Google Docs

Application forms

Graphic Designers:
Click to reveal
Graphic Design:
Do you meet deadlines? -
What program do you use? -
How many years of practice have you had? -
Example work? -
Can you communicate effectively in a group? -
What is your Skype? -

Web Developers:
Click to reveal
What programming languages do you know? -
Can you participate in a group equally? -
Example work? -
Skype? -

Web Designers:
Click to reveal
What languages do you know? -
Can you communicate with the Graphic Designer and Developers? -
Example work? -
Skype? -

This group, named Kobby, will not really work on Minecraft related topics. So, get the idea of "Minecraft" out of your head when working for Kobby. This business will conduct of developed JavaScript libraries, tools. But as far as that goes we will also be developing websites that have user functionality, a use for the user operating, like a social network for instance. This group pays it's employees for itself. Meaning any income fed into the project is returned to the developers, graphic designers, or web designers that worked on it. Once multiple projects that have been created mean you get multiple outputs of income. A percentage will be fed back to the business non-profit to help Kobby grow. But past that, all user will be given guidelines and tested that they meet the requirements, this is to ensure no one slid past the requirements in order to join. Members will be keep minimal so it's not a overwhelming group full of people that you don't know.

Thanks for the time you took to read all the requirements and the time you took to fill out your application.

Xero
[] Xero []
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

CascadianX
06/09/2014 6:44 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
[] Xero []
SherwoodGaming
NetworkPCEYou never said anything about payment, professional web coders take something around $300. Just saying, i can't code that well yet, but i am learning.

I was just gonna say, if you want someone that experienced in example my field. APIs, SQL, PHP, Ruby and HTML and such as, you need to give me a damn pretty penny. $80 an hour kinda of pay.

This is kind of off topic, you're talking about payment, but it was already resolved, look at my replies on the first page.

Be honest here bro, show some respect if you are looking for top notch web developers. You don't have the money, be self taught and do it yourself. You are not getting anything with this type of attitude.
[] Xero []
06/09/2014 4:32 pm
Bump
SlimeHub
06/08/2014 7:55 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
Hello.

I heard you need some graphic work to be done. Well, according to your template app:

Yes, I meet deadlines.

I use Adobe Photoshop CS6.

I have been practicing for quite a long time (Around 3-4 years, not so sure to be honest).

Example Work:
Click to reveal

Yes, I can communicate effectively in a group. Not my first time designing a website. Or at least a concept of it

My Skype name is: bubz0522

PS. The server this website is about is down. So this is not an attempt to advertise. Although I am aware of my PMC account name
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 7:30 am
Okay, I've edited the original post too help some people understand. I thought it was all pretty self explanatory, I guess not. Humans make mistakes.
SabreGames
06/08/2014 7:25 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
^
Team
06/08/2014 7:15 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Screw this... I'm just wasting my time here with a 9 year old kid.
Team
06/08/2014 7:07 am
[] Xero []
"Nicer grammar" doesn't mean adding more commas.
NetworkPCE
06/08/2014 6:31 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
You don't understand what i meant, what your earn from the site, in payment for a website designer. If you want something kind of decent you need to pay over $300, possibly up to $1000 for them to make it, paying him $0.10 is not gonna get you anywhere.

If there are any freelancing programmers on PMC, they will not make a website for such a low payment. I have myself made several small websites with HTML and CSS, and it takes a really long time.

Save up more money, that was a tip not a complain, also i don't think there is anything wrong with my grammar.

English is also not my primary language, i speak 3.
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 6:34 am
What I mean is: "they need $300" is really a plain term. When you work for a job you usually you don't get a one time payment. You get amounts of money depending on how much income their is. That's why some companies go down, because their is a drought of money so the employees don't get payed as much as expected. And you never did define what you mean by "$300". Because there is also money that has to go back into the company too keep it alive even if it is on the edge.

PS, I wasn't criticizing your grammar, and my opinion is that people that have half decent grammar are more mature. Not People Who Spell Like This...
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 6:21 am
advisortw2
[] Xero []
advisortw2People might be more interested in applying if you told them what the business actually was.

It's clear it's a development business for the web. You must understand the difference from a project from a business.

Yes, I know it's about the web, however you could give a bit more info about the work they'd be doing. When you apply for a job IRL, you don't go in there without knowing what the business is about.

1. I did explain what work they would be doing, all the jobs I listed is what they would be doing.

2. The business is about the web.

3. It's a business, not a onetime project, meaning, the business makes the projects.
advisortw2
06/08/2014 5:55 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
[] Xero []
advisortw2People might be more interested in applying if you told them what the business actually was.

It's clear it's a development business for the web. You must understand the difference from a project from a business.

Yes, I know it's about the web, however you could give a bit more info about the work they'd be doing. When you apply for a job IRL, you don't go in there without knowing what the business is about.
Ethantroll
06/08/2014 3:14 am
What do you mean bonus: has photoshop? And i will be happy to help, with small banners, using photoshop.
TeamCraft-Robbie
06/08/2014 3:13 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
No offence but.. learn to talk to people with some respect. If you expect to find the top notch-high quality programmers, that are professional enough for your standards, i suggest you go elsewhere, and not on a website like planet minecraft. Like seriously what were you expecting, people are willing to help you out and you go and criticise there every word. -_-

P.S you just lost a great oppertunity for a website that you can only dream of finding a developer for
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 2:48 am
sycoinc
[] Xero []
UMayBleedDesigners may do the layout styling, but most developers do both styling, and programming often.

This is false, web designers do front end work: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, ect. (displays). Web developers do functionalities for the backend of the project (data storage, dynamically / server generated data, ect) which consists of PHP, JavaScript, jQuery, SQL, ect.

I am a Front End Web DEVELOPER and do all tasks you want for 3 different people. The title of the role isn't tied to specific tasks and code bases.. ALSO for people to maybe take you seriously talk a little about your business (eg name, some work YOU have done and clients you have had).

You're advice is the first that useful. Although I did post information on each task, see the "requirement" link I had on the first post. If provides information about what I need and also other requirements.
littledood
06/08/2014 2:45 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Someone seems a little mad. First, you try to correct someone on there grammar then you go on the defensive about what it might be. All they were asking is some simple questions. I would attempt to Apply for this. But, you seem like a dick head so You would probably a dick head boss. Im gonna pass.
sycoinc
06/08/2014 2:41 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
[] Xero []
UMayBleedDesigners may do the layout styling, but most developers do both styling, and programming often.

This is false, web designers do front end work: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, ect. (displays). Web developers do functionalities for the backend of the project (data storage, dynamically / server generated data, ect) which consists of PHP, JavaScript, jQuery, SQL, ect.

I am a Front End Web DEVELOPER and do all tasks you want for 3 different people. The title of the role isn't tied to specific tasks and code bases.. ALSO for people to maybe take you seriously talk a little about your business (eg name, some work YOU have done and clients you have had).
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 2:02 am
teamades
[] Xero []
NetworkPCEYou never said anything about payment, professional web coders take something around $300. Just saying, i can't code that well yet, but i am learning.

First of all, it's more professional to say "programmers" rather than "coder". Second, you never specified on what they make $300 from, because I'm certain they don't just take a one time payment, they need a constant flow of money. I also can't talk about payment on PMC. But the projects we will conduct will provide payment for themselves, so it depends on how much income we get from the project.

I make over $1k on just making nicer enjin sites. Yes $1k in one payment. You can't just come here say, "Hey, I need some people to help me so I can get a lot of money, plus I have nicer grammar than you!".

"Nicer grammar" doesn't mean adding more commas. And I highly doubt you make $1k in payment off of Enjin, because anyone that can navigate a cursor can make an Enjin website. Now, myself, I do web development and it takes much more skill than "filling out the advanced options". This is not a hate forum, this is a request form. So if you come here only to post negative comments, then you need to stop.
Team
06/08/2014 1:51 am
[] Xero []

First of all, it's more professional to say "programmers" rather than "coder". Second, you never specified on what they make $300 from, because I'm certain they don't just take a one time payment, they need a constant flow of money. I also can't talk about payment on PMC. But the projects we will conduct will provide payment for themselves, so it depends on how much income we get from the project.

I make over $1k on just making nicer enjin sites. Yes $1k in one payment. You can't just come here say, "Hey, I need some people to help me so I can get a lot of money, plus I have nicer grammar than you!".
Fanjawi
06/08/2014 1:46 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Graphic Design:

Do you meet deadlines? - I can finish my work even if you give me a deadline.
What program do you use? - Photoshop CS6.
How many years of practice have you had? - 5 to 8 years.

Example work? - http://i.imgur.com/yoVEDnp.png - http://i.imgur.com/vl2vFQN.png - http://i.imgur.com/S1AUKZS.png - http://i.imgur.com/qX9Iv7A.png - http://i.imgur.com/nk2Lqcu.png

I have some better work I guess, but I'm too lazy to find them.

Can you communicate effectively in a group? - Yes.

What is your Skype? - I'll PM you if I get accepted.

Also, please don't give me money for anything. I love working for free to be honest.
Team
06/08/2014 1:53 am
Fanjawi, I got admit you so some nice graphics.
Fanjawi
06/08/2014 1:55 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Thanks.
advisortw2
06/08/2014 1:41 am
Level 28 : Expert Geek
People might be more interested in applying if you told them what the business actually was.
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 1:44 am
planetminecrafter52342
06/04/2014 7:39 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
Designers may do the layout styling, but most developers do both styling, and programming often.
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 1:33 am
Optimus1800
06/04/2014 5:41 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Ranger
No idea about your Mumbo Jumbo....
NetworkPCE
06/04/2014 5:38 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
You never said anything about payment, professional web coders take something around $300. Just saying, i can't code that well yet, but i am learning.
CascadianX
06/08/2014 2:51 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
I was just gonna say, if you want someone that experienced in example my field. APIs, SQL, PHP, Ruby and HTML and such as, you need to give me a damn pretty penny. $80 an hour kinda of pay.
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 2:56 am
This is kind of off topic, you're talking about payment, but it was already resolved, look at my replies on the first page.
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 1:28 am
KeefuhGraphics
06/04/2014 6:37 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
I Agree. Im Interested In Graphics But Not Without Pay.
[] Xero []
06/08/2014 1:26 am
I wouldn't pay you with that grammar anyways.
[] Xero []
06/04/2014 4:19 am
bump
[] Xero []
06/03/2014 8:30 pm
Bump
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com