New One Piece Hypothesis!

VoxelBlox's Avatar VoxelBlox7/22/15 6:47 am
1 emeralds 695 2
7/22/2015 10:12 pm
VoxelBlox's Avatar VoxelBlox
I am a fan of the anime/manga series One Piece, its about a kid named Monkey D. Luffy and his adventurous journey to become the Pirate King, it is a long series with about 800 chapters and 600+episodes, and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested. Here is a link to the first chapter : http://ex3.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=One%20Piece/One%20Piece%20c001-100/One%20Piece%20Chapter%20-%20001/OP001-01.jpg&server=nas.html

But anyhow, to the main topic of this discussion, I had a hypothesis about the main villian of the current arc, the shichibukai Doflamingo. I have read and seen theories about Doffy on the internet, some detailing his past (before it was explained) and his possible evil eye, but I thought those were less possible than what Im about to explain. Here is the hypothesis/theory I came up with, Enjoy!

Oda has drawn and portrayed Doffy to appear evil at all times, and he does this quite well, but that's not the topic of this hypothesis. What if the sunglasses the he is always wearing are not style? What if he was forced to wear them at all times, especially when he was a kid, because . . . he was blind?

Look back to when Doffy was a kid, he always wore dark shades over his eyes, while some can consider this stylish, others, like me think that these were prescription glasses. The dark shade of the glasses resemble one that a blind person would use, wouldn't you agree? Although the glasses he wears now resemble more towards style, I think he did this to not show a weakness to others and his family. Think of what the world would think if one of the most dangerous warlords was blind, think of how weak they would think of him, and he hates weakness.

Now if he was blind, how would he know if someone was in front of him, or behind him? Easy, he had observation haki since he was a child, and was able to "see" others through their auras. And now that he has his string string fruit, he is able to control his surroundings as he turned a number of buildings and roads around him into string. Wouldn't that let him know where everyone is at all times?

"But even if he was able to feel the surroundings, how come he wasnt able to defeat Luffy?" - Easy. As explained earlier on in the arc, Doffy cant fly without any clouds being nearby, and I know that seems off topic, but no clouds means no strings, and Doffy was fighting Luffy in the air, where there was no clouds. He would have had to rely on his observation haki to fight Luffy, but he (Luffy) was too fast for Doffy to catch up to, thus allowing Luffy to defeat him.

Conclusion: Doflamingo was blind at birth so he was forced to wear sunglasses protecting him from everyone else. He wears stylish sunglasses now to show no signs of weakness to anyone else, which he hates. He now relies on his power and haki to see his surroundings and when one was cut off, he could only depend on one of them to defeat Luffy, which he couldn't in the end.

That was my hypothesis about Doflamingo, and please tell me what you think in the comments!
VoxelBlox
Level 36 : Artisan Procrastinator