Nostalgia much?

TheEvilKittyWizard's Avatar TheEvilKittyWizard4/6/14 9:03 pm
4/6/2014 11:50 pm
Morneite's Avatar Morneite
I just did a file transfer from my old Apple desktop and found my first Minecraft world EVER. I've had it since the Alpha release 5 years ago, and I haven't played on it in almost 3 years.

I created a Beta 1.8.1 profile (1.8.1 was the last time I had played it) and loaded it up.

After entering my little brick beach house, I played C418 - Cat and I almost started crying.

Just afterwards I found almost 26 diamonds in my mines in that world, and in a personal record-time of just 30 minutes.

I really didn't care, though...

I was just happy to be there again.

So go back to your old, forgotten worlds. Go see the animals you befriended, the loot you collected, and the structures you built.

Go back and see what Minecraft once was, and think of what it will be.

Go.
TheEvilKittyWizard
Level 43 : Master Nether Knight

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/06/2014 11:50 pm
Level 23 : Expert Crab
Morneite
i had to delete all my worlds along with the .minecraft folder because my game kept crashing for some reason so i had to delete .minecraft and force update sadly. but on the family computer my first world is on there
well, my first world i wanted to build something, and i had already had a "trial" version whenever i went over to my friend's house. so i got on minecraft, went creative superflat, and started building the biggest goddamn mansion i'd ever seen. it was made out of diamond, gold and iron. and i think we got the emerald update whilst i was buiilding the house so i think there's a bit of emerald in there as well. i turned it into a mining museum and made up this weird name 'Elsar' who was the star of the show. i still remember trying to cage up all those wolfs just to make the "Make your own Elsar's Dog" 'activity'. aaaahhh, good times.
04/06/2014 11:00 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Actually, I started back when 1.3.2 (release) had just come out. I built this crazy weird underground house with a hilarous floor plan. However, I drew a picture mapping out every single room of that house. 2 months later, I accidentally deleted the world. I still have the drawing, and with its help, I can actually imagine, visually, going through the house. It makes me feel warm inside...

I did actually cry in Skyrim once, over beyond Riften. Those mountains, are so beautiful...
04/06/2014 10:54 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
PPssh, My first survival world I lived in a wood house overloaded with animals and chest. Best noob pro everr
04/06/2014 10:47 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
MomoMomiji
Psht, houses are overrated. I built my first "house" as a completely artificial cave, and I haven't changed my single player style since.
04/06/2014 10:45 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
PZAguilos_10
I feel you people But unfortunately, I haven't saved any of my minecraft worlds back in Beta 1.5 when I started playing. I was just sad that today's minecraft didn't seem happier than before. I still remember when my house was on the beach and it was made of pure wooden planks. And my first server that I have played on; I gained friends and the staff welcomed we warmly which made me stay on it... and months have passed, I opened my minecraft again around version 1.8, sad to say things have changed the way it was before. Unfortunately, the server that I loved and called to as home, went down like it died from a prosperous life. Now, with version 1.7.5, I try to find beautiful servers but I guess nothing can make me stay like the ones back then. I'm all alone in the server, stuck in thinking and having nostalgaic feelings. All I can do is put the disk in the jukebox and reminisce of the good old minecraft..
04/06/2014 10:44 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Birb
SneakyLunatic69
My first world was on a cracked version of minecraft 1.2.5.

I think I lived in a villager house.
I killed all the villagers cause they kept breaking in and letting zombies in.
I got like 15 diamonds and moved into a house I build in a ravine.
My way down was a pathway of sketchy parkour jumps.
I fell. (Into lava in the middle of the ravine)
Didn't play for a few months after loosing all my stuff.

Eventually I created a new world and got really far and learned to use chests.
Then the computer got loads of viruses and I couldn't play anymore so I was sad again.

The next time I played minecraft was when I bought it for Xbox.
A few months later I bought it for PC.

I am now working on a massive minecraft adventure map with a story, quests and custom mobs and equipment. http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/a-minecraft-rpg-beta-10/
It's amazing how far you go in a matter of years.
04/06/2014 10:22 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
Well, if anyone's interested, I just found my old worlds, and this was my first house.
04/06/2014 9:55 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragonborn
MrCreeperXD
The first ever time i played minecraft was in 4th grade in my school library. I was feeling bored after-school and my friend had told me it was a cool game. He built a volcano and I was amazed, so I played the little beta minecraftforfree.com cracked in-browser version of minecraft. Ohhh those were the days. I tried making a house inside a mountain and then it got flooded with water, I still wasn't to good with movements. Then he showed me how to make rollercoasters and I made a HUGE one when creative first came out but then I fell into the void and lost that world. I still remember it. I built another huge rollercoaster that took almost a whole year to finish all by myself (and I have it up for download if anyone wants to take a look) I need to just stop writing and think back to the good times before the 5 yr old faction players screaming hacker hacker to their screens and raging with profanity in chat. Back when it was a small little community and it was Notch just developing his little indie game not knowing how huge it would ever become. And now, Minecon 2013 had over 15k attendees I believe, Minecraft has close to 20M downloads. It just overwhelms me Those were the good times.
04/06/2014 9:33 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
Now, now, let's not boast about how long we've played Minecraft.

OT: I really got to load up my old worlds from my former computer and find my dirt house. It had a little glass greenhouse and was right next to this gravel beach. (Oh gravel beaches, how I miss you!). The nostalgia is real.
04/06/2014 9:28 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Most people remember how their first house of their first world was made of dirt or was otherwise pathetic. I don't mean to brag, but my first "house" was a mansion. First world I ever created in Minecraft, I immediately went to the top of a mountain, chopped down a couple trees, and began my ambitious project. Sadly, I never finished it (I did come close though).

It was actually a really cool world (for example, there was a desert nearby with 3 temples and 2 villages). I should revisit it some time.
04/06/2014 9:30 pm
Level 43 : Master Nether Knight
TheEvilKittyWizard
Your FIRST WORLD had temples and villages..? ._.

I remember when redstone hadn't even been invented yet.
04/06/2014 9:38 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Yes, I haven't been playing Minecraft as long as you; I'll admit that.
04/06/2014 9:17 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
My first world:
Lost my house.
Rage quit.
Deleted world.
Tried again later.
Broke boat in middle of ocean.
Drowned myself on purpose.
Went home and survived my first night.

I don't have any of my old worlds sadly.
04/06/2014 9:13 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Fisherman
mudkip45
I still have my original world... i kinda screwed it up but it is still my favorite!
04/06/2014 9:11 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
DaSquyd
I can't find my original world.
However, I did find a single picture...
04/06/2014 9:06 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Steve
LoreCase
ahh the good old days! try every single snapshot until 1.7.5 on a extra save for a extra dose
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome