Paris terrorist attacks 13/11/2015: My POV

TwizZted_uP's Avatar TwizZted_uP11/14/15 1:57 pm
2 emeralds 357 3
11/14/2015 5:54 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
May God help those in need.

HATE OR CRITICISM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN ANY FORM! THIS IS NOT A JOKING TOPIC!

I was there. I saw it happen 50 meters in front of me. Not the Bataclan, no, I was IN the Stade France (Please not that I was with a friend and several adults). I heard both explosions, one of them was the designated meeting point for my family and I after the match. The stadium commentator didn't inform us of anything at all to keep the crowd quiet and avoid panic. Francois Hollande, president of France, was evacuated at half-time. We didn't see it happen but rumors were going around that there had been explosions around the city. Did I believe that? No, I wanted to see the match. The second half of the game started and everything was good. Laola waves, chants from the official supporters club and an amazing ambience. Although, the match was pretty boring. I mean seriously, GOMEZ! ARE YOU STUPID?! I think he is. Germany ended up losing 2 : 0. I had bet with some friends that they would either lose 1 : 0 or 2 : 1. When the match ended, it all went quite quick. No players interviews, no ads, no chants or many statistics, only a last message from the stadium commentator: " The only opened exits are the South and North-West (don't remember if it were those two...). All parking lots can be accessed normally". That was odd but you can't do anything about it.

This was round the time when I started panicking because the meeting point for my family and I was inaccessible. Problem was, so many people (that were now, unlike me, informed of all the terrorist action) were sending messages and calling friends and family. NONE of my messages were sent and I started panicking like crazy. The corridors were crowded because the (ONLY!) 2 available exits were clogged up. Imagine 50000 people pushing against you to reach the exit! It was horrible. I still feel my eyes water when I think about it.

(At this point my friend checks the internet to see what had happened, as helicopters, cops and ambulances were EVERYWHERE! Not to mention closed exits, tons of security and no trains)

SO there we were, trying to reach my family undefined an exit at the same time. It took about 20 minutes and lots of stairs but we finally made it out (The Stade de France has a unique design: you have to exit the whole stadium via stairs, but you're not out yet, there's still a fence that serves as an outer ring 50 meters away from all stairs). At this point, we were nowhere near the designated meeting area. BUT my messages were finally going out! I called my family and told them we were all O.K. We decided to walk back towards the designated meeting point which was the staircase "L2" (we were at exit "S", exits and stairs are in an alphabetical order). That was when we met a man with two young boys leaning against a half-high wall. He had been in a mass panic between the outer fence and the stairs leading out of the stadium, almost losing his sons. I decided to call my family again to find a new meeting point. They then told me they were at staircase "L2", where we had been 5 minutes before. I found them relatively quickly and we separated from the others to find the car. Whilst walking to the car, we had to cross a highway which was only possible by going into a tunnel (The one from the "People singing La Marseillaise whilst clearing stadium" video). But the tunnel was so packed we decided to walk around over a bridge, located a few hundred meters further. There was armed police EVERYWHERE with their vans, tons of flashing lights and much commotion. Luckily, we made it to the car safely and sped off home.

Many people were less fortunate that night. Whilst I got home at 1 in the morning (local time), about 150 people would never even see their home and they friends and family again. I was lucky. I saw it happen 50 meters away from me and I heard the explosions. I'm TwizZted_uP, and this my POV of the November 13th, 2015 Paris terrorist attacks.

Also, please don't write long answers explaining why you should think about other countries, too, I've had enough of that. The media shows what they want. If Palestine doesn't show up in the news then no one knows about it. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. I don't want to offend anyone but please don't "make a big deal" out of this. Last night was a tragedy and I experienced it, YOU DIDN'T! So please, NO hate, NO criticism and no disgusting comments. We were born in a world of peace and God wants us to keep it that way.

I hope all your families are doing well, that they're not hurt. My family is well, we're a little shaken up but we're not injured. Make sure to comment and spread this post, also look at OGS16's profile (http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/ogs16/), he made a memorial build for everyone.

Thanks for listening,
TwizZted_uP signing out

Some hashtags to look out for:
#PrayForParis
#Paris
#JeSuisParis
TwizZted_uP
Level 40 : Master Cowboy