PlanetMinecraft or Minecraft Forums?

XxCory13xX's Avatar XxCory13xX8/26/15 12:24 am
8/26/2015 9:05 am
awesomecronin's Avatar awesomecronin
Hello, I would like everyone's opinion about which fansite they would choose, I personally never have registered on the Minecraft Forums, and would like people's opinions about it!

P.S
I'm not a opinion judger, so say what you want, it's your opinion!

Comment down below what you think, PlanetMinecraft or Minecraft Forums!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XxCory13xX
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

awesomecronin
08/26/2015 9:05 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Engineer
PMC! I don't even have an account on The Minecraft Forums
08/26/2015 8:26 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Why would you ask what's better on PMC. Obviously most people will say PMC is better lol

But seriously, I like PMC better because I think it has a better community tbh.
YTCereal
08/26/2015 6:07 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
i Prefer PMC Forums.

Friendlier and What Azie sayd.

and Titles u earn by xping

Minecraftforums:
Something u say about herobrine. locked thread. u earn titles by Commenting.
and Anything something about ToS lock thread.
AnimeFanFTW
08/26/2015 5:52 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Senpai
As you can see from my 5,000+ posts on the PMC Forums, I prefer the PMC Forums. xD
GerganaGZ
08/26/2015 3:30 am
Level 43 : Master Musician
I agree with Azie too.
Here the people are more friendly, and easly to contact. Also it's easy to upload and find another projects... (in my opinion) MCF is just a mess..
Rizky Pramudya
08/26/2015 3:14 am
Level 29 : Expert Dragon
For me, Planet Minecraft is better than Minecraft Forum even PMC is better to share Minecraft creation and better result (better traffic, existing XP) than blogger.
Azie
08/26/2015 12:40 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Planet Minecraft simply because it's friendlier for content-creators in terms of how visible they can make their content. MCForum doesn't let you bump anything for the sake of bumping, so it's a lot harder to get your content noticed, IMO.
insomniac_lemon
08/26/2015 7:42 am
Level 40 : Master Pixel Painter
From what I've experienced-at least downloads and feedback wise for a resource pack-PMC and MCF are about even with content.

The biggest thing PMC has going for it is the Pop-reel. This is a one-time event that most content gets to do once. Yes, a large chunk of my downloads came from that.

However, PMC still requires input, but rather than posting on yourself (or hoping users post to drudge your thread up) you have to update. You very well could use a similar technique on MCF (post when updating) however if nobody ever replies your thread is sinking like a stone and double-posts look fairly bad. With MCF, if you can get people posting, your content will get seen. With PMC, you need to have monthly, if not weekly updates, comments and quality won't help you much unless people share it and it becomes popular.

And one thing I'll give MCF, I am really surprised how well it actually does with time.... I have no idea where downloads are coming from on MCF, but it's currently 50% of my downloads, and I only have my really old thread (that's locked) and a feedback thread nobody has posted on in a long while. MCF new --> PMC + MCF old are about even for me now.

TL;DR: Not better, not worse, just different. Both are terrible for resource packs, neither were really made for them. PMC even has a "no different submissions for different resolutions of the same pack" rule even though you can't actually upload multiple versions directly, and most popular packs do it anyways without repercussion.
yoshee08
08/26/2015 12:45 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Warrior
I agree with that azie.
Glok4
08/26/2015 12:31 am
Level 1 : New Miner
I like both. Minecraft forums is good for discussing mods. Planet minecraft is good for seeing mods you normally wouldn't.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome