Rate The Person Above's Philosophy on life from 1-10!

Saltash's Avatar Saltash11/23/11 8:19 pm
11/24/2011 6:13 pm
Saltash's Avatar Saltash
I thought this little thing would be pretty fun so I will get the game going.
And P.S. I don't mean to offend any religions as I do my philosophy on life, this is jusy me perspective on this subject.

I think it all started with the big bang, as the explosion set all the darkness of space into utter pandemonium, planets started forming, this planet was nameless at the time but lets call it the moon. As the moon lay there in the darkness of space, the explosion raged on and caused space junk if you will to fly right past the moon, the moons only thoughts were, "Ooooh stuff I wanna pick up all this stuff and throw it around like a crazed six and a half year old." So the moon did what it wanted, hell, who could stop him, he was completely alone in this barren world know as space. Once the moon was finished making this ball of stuff, he decided it would be the most rational thing to just throw the big hunk of nothing out into space. The hunk of junk flew off into space, unaware as to what would soon happen to this hunk of space junk. This hunk of junk that would later on be known as earth hit a different planet that was plentiful with water and other things. Earth immediately thought for the first time since its creation and its only thought was, "This planet surely could spare some of this stuff all over the surface, I'm sure nobody would notice." Unfortunately, yes someone noticed in fact, an entire civilization noticed as there life source was sucked away from there peaceful world and was slowly dying leaving nothing but the native peoples bacteria and DNA. Earth began to thrive and nourish itself with the newly found DNA and bacteria found on this strange other world that was blown to kingdom come once Earth came and F***** its S*** up. Human civilization evolved and gained intelligence as to what the hell they are doing here and how they got here. Maybe, just maybe, another strange lifeless world could be up there, hurtling towards us right now and think, "Damb that's allot of water, I bet they could spare just a bit of it."

I just realized how long my story was XD now rate my story and then make up your own theory on how life came to be on this big blue marble we call home.
Saltash
Level 23 : Expert Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/24/2011 6:13 pm
Saltash
Griff your philosphy made alot of sense so 8/10
11/24/2011 3:22 pm
Level 25 : Expert Blacksmith
Griff Morivan
Man... No one rated my philosophy on page 3.
11/24/2011 12:01 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc61244
[deleted]
11/24/2011 11:03 am
Level 37 : Artisan Goblin
necrontyr
sry forgot my philosophy, lol.

it is perfectly provable that what we call 'the big bang' set the creation of the universe in motion, but what triggered this is unknown. the gas and dust that was thrown into oblivion. stars grew and died. until our star, the sun was born in the milkyway galaxy.
dust clumped together around the new star, drawn to each other by gravity. the 8 planets we recognize today where formed and a scuffle with mars assured us the moon. billions of years had passed by now the atmosphere along with the temperature settled into the life sustaining climate we live in today. the actual arrival of life is also unknown, but the new era was evolution. huge animals grew due to the vast oxygen amounts, forests flourished and life had begun. mother nature always has a say and halted the dinosaurs with a meteor impact creating the gulf of mexico. not all died in this mass extinction and evolution once again resumed. humans from apes evolved and the race for knowledge had begun.

you know the rest
11/24/2011 3:10 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
Excision
Just look out not to create flame wars (example Atheists VS Christians).

So please steer clear from flame wars.
11/24/2011 3:20 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Mountaineer
BusyChris
11/24/2011 2:49 am
Level 36 : Artisan Dragonborn
collon29
5/10

God created this world and we are children of adam and eve

But funny story
11/24/2011 2:47 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
Jackanation
It all began with the Mothers.

The end.
11/24/2011 1:46 am
Level 24 : Expert Farmer
_BloXy_
Humans were born to die
we are a race born for destruction we are a candle burning fast to its end
if anything will destroy this world it's us
if there really is a god (In which i do not believe in) he would be disgusted in what we have done with this world we call home
11/24/2011 1:08 am
Level 37 : Artisan Dragon
carvine1
@Saltash that is one original one 10/10

Life began with no meaning. then something struck to something, to create meaning. a meaning that says life is boring
11/24/2011 1:36 am
Level 25 : Expert Blacksmith
Griff Morivan
3/10. Seems really simplistic.

I'm not sure if we're talking a real philosophy, or just how people think life began. But for the hell of it, I'm a fan of the Big Bang Big Crunch model, that explains that the universe reaches just under the point of entropy, where the matter in the universe is still in motion, but has slowed enough that the central point can begin to form again, pieces of matter falling in until a massive crunch happens again and then so forth. I think that's a very plausible explanation, not to mention has some fascinating implications.

Life on earth, we have a rough understanding of. Basic atoms formed acids, and continued to break apart until a few stable ones finally formed. And so on and so forth upwards. I'm not going to debate evolution. It's a scientific fact.

Theistically speaking, I am an agnostic atheist. I do not believe in god. In fact, I strongly doubt the concept of god as we imagine it, and I outright reject the concept of an earth-centric god, because it is amazingly self-centered to think that a universe as massive as ours, a planet as overall meh, a species as overwhelmingly meh as ours, would be the chosen people of such a god, regardless of what form it takes. That said, it's not currently possible to know, and so I don't outright discredit the possibility.

The purpose of life, near as I can tell, is progressive improvement. We will not b here forever. A man smarter than I once said we wake for a short while, move through and learn about the universe, and then we rest and go back to sleep. It's sad, but there you go. So, I feel it is our duty to work toward improving our society and our world for future generations, to prevent the problems of today falling on the heads of the young in thirty years, or so forth.
11/24/2011 12:32 am
Saltash
Thats a very good story kitty
11/23/2011 10:59 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
kitty-kootie
Once upon a time there a was a nothing.
Then the nothing became a something.
And in that something there was another something.
This something is a piece of dust.
This dust was laughed at by all the other dusts.
"HAHA, you have WATER you FOOL." Even though some of them had a little water, too. But not a single dust had as much water as that dust.
And on the watery, bullied dust was something smaller, much much smaller that the dust itself. These things were dusts, too! Except these dusts had the capacity of living. And these dusts turned into living creatures, which were still smaller than the watery dusts. Milliseconds passed, and soon enough there were human-monkey-things. Then a few more milliseconds passed, and more creatures changed, some left, and the human-monkey-things became, well, humans. The other dusts were astonished. They swirled around frantically, trying to evade the awkward, watery, bullied dust. "Wait, guys! I'm not that weird!" And so the watery dust tried to follow their orbital patterns. Soon enough, the weird creatures on the watery dust flew off into the vicinity of the others, and even attached onto them.

YAY STDS
11/23/2011 10:59 pm
Saltash
Wow....I agree roxthesox with what you say and it has put me into deep thought abd btw we werent going for religon here but...ok if you feel its necessary.
11/23/2011 10:52 pm
Level 45 : Master Enderdragon
s15c
All I can say to this thread is-

Funniest series of books ever... and the movie wasn't half bad either.
11/24/2011 10:19 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Ranger
Alien8ed_Phreak
OMG I feel SO stupid now for not posting that first!
11/23/2011 10:48 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Demolitionist
Squidfather
Even that there is no true basis for the existence of the world around you, you are still perceiving it. Therefore, if this world is in your thoughts, anything is possible once you shed the illusions of time, gravity and physics.
11/23/2011 10:37 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal
TitaniusAnglesmith
If it cannot be explained by science, blow it up

10/10 for you

go away brony!
11/23/2011 10:29 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Bleyd
Alien8ed_PhreakIsn't religion what we were TRYING to avoid here, I thought we were focusing on outlook on life.

Exactly, "philosophy on life" should be just that, philosophy. Existential interpretations of mortality, society, and humanities - not a hodgepodge of individual opinions on universe origin stories that will inevitably lead to religious debates, trolling, flaming, and thread lockage.
11/23/2011 10:13 pm
Alien8ed_Phreak
Isn't religion what we were TRYING to avoid here, I thought we were focusing on outlook on life.

Anyway that does make you think Roxthesox, but let's try to avoid talking about that part of philosophy, could lead to flame war.
11/23/2011 9:45 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
brandman
Yeah this is a flame war impending. I'm a "baptist" I guess, more non denominational, but baptists are closer to my beliefs than most, so yeah. I don't believe in literal translations is the bible, as I think it took much longer than 6 days to create the universe. As the Bible says, a day is like a thousand years to Him, so yeah. Don't know about the big band though, it never seemed to be a strong theory to me in the first place. It would help if the original Bible/Tanakh authors had more knowledge, to more correctly describe the vents going on. Back then I hypothesize they tried to relate the unknown to something they do know. But then again I'm positive that there were events that even we today wouldn't understand that are listed in the Bible.

Oh I also believe in evolution. Not necessarily in the creation process but just overall grand scheme of things. I mean there's no way that all the species that we have today, much less extinct, could have all fit in the ark, regardless of it's often depicted huge size. The ark is also my answer to why the dinosaurs went extinct.

I do not believe that homo/bisexuals are evil, or anything that stupid. Well first of all your supposed to hate the sin not the person. Second, not only is Homosexuality not a sin, so is most of the things listed in Leviticus, or that's the irony in it. All these "Christians" are having gay hate this and that, but they don't even follow the strict rules in Leviticus. Kinda funny how Jesus is against hypocrites right?

I don't really want to go any further, with out boring you all, or starting a flamewar, so yeah. Uhh peace be with you all.
11/23/2011 9:31 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
To be honest the Agnostic approach to a belief system is the best approach
11/23/2011 9:50 pm
Alien8ed_Phreak
True dat!
11/23/2011 9:27 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Bleyd
Pretty much everything George Carlin said
11/23/2011 9:24 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
Oh boy, here we go.

This thread is going to become a breeding ground for trolls.

I'm Agnostic so this thread means little to me due to what I belive.
11/24/2011 10:35 am
Level 37 : Artisan Goblin
necrontyr
im agnostic to and what u said is confusing, arnt we open minded to all things?

ive turned to science as it has proof behind what it says.
11/23/2011 9:32 pm
Level 24 : Expert Explorer
Pownage
Lol, you signature made me rofl waffle.
11/23/2011 9:29 pm
Saltash
I'm sorry you feel that way and if trolls start to come here, I will deal with it accordingly, like a hypocritic monk once said, "I got this!"
11/23/2011 9:12 pm
Pownage
I think the world started with the Big Bang which God caused, I don't believe in the Story of Creation (aren't I a good Catholic?). I see the Story of Creation in a way that it is written to teach morals. I see it as a contextualist. So anyways after the Big Bang the universe came to be what it is today. We should live our life to the fullest and always try to make others and yourself happy, even if you think there is no point to life!
11/23/2011 9:14 pm
Saltash
I completely agree (I'm a catholic too)
11/23/2011 9:18 pm
Pownage
Lol, now that I read this I realize that I said to make other people happy, when I am going to end up in Afghanistan killing terrorists!!!
11/24/2011 2:41 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Actually you are going to end up in Iran killing innocent Iranians for falsified claims of nuclear weapons.
11/23/2011 8:55 pm
Saltash
I like the feedback and I agree with what both of you say. I hope I get some more storys I like reading this kinda stuff.

And btw black, 7/10 for the upmost randomness in your post I can always expect such things from you on the forums. I'm happy your a contest judge (So I now have an edge MUAHAHAHAH) actually I didn't enter the contest, But that wont matter.....as long as i get first place.
11/23/2011 8:21 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
BlackFTW
10/10. :p

My story:

Lucar blew up and the universe was created. THE END.
11/23/2011 8:21 pm
Alien8ed_Phreak
8/10 Its truthful, and funny.

Well dopamine (good stuff) is created by the body during two things:

1. Eating
2. Reproducing

So I think that we should do ONLY that (and other pleasuring things of course) until we drop!

Well...not entirely, but still.
11/23/2011 9:20 pm
Level 22 : Expert Ninja
Arzu
the more dopamine you produce, the more damaged those dopamine producers are in your brain to the point where they cant put out as much anymore. Just like how it takes more of the drug you used the last time to get your buzz

and if everyone is reproducing and doing nothing but eating soon there will be no living space and no food
if there are no doctors half the people born from reproduction wont survive
STD's will spread like mad and since there is so many people and even more causing this global exponential growth 1/4th of the population would be whiped out
if everyone is doing nothing but eating and reproducing, there would be no products being made
no beds
no cloths
food would not be as readily available as it is now since no one is growing crops or harvesting livestock
11/23/2011 9:23 pm
Pownage
At least he has an enthusiastic look toward life! Let's try and not critisize peoples' look toward life!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome