Redstone lamp placement

genericcrafter's Avatar genericcrafter6/29/19 11:59 am
1 emeralds 155 6
6/30/2019 6:20 pm
genericcrafter's Avatar genericcrafter
in a 6x8x9 block room(including the walls of the room), in which the floor and roof is glass (though this can be changed if i gotta) where is the best place to place a redstone lamp in where will be effective and actually look nice? i've always been terrible at decor, just the worst, and this base is actually starting to look really nice and i don't want to screw it up with haphazardly placed lamps. i'd also like to network redstone around my base to switch them all on and off at will but let's be honest that probably isn't happening. thanks in advance for your advice!
genericcrafter
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/30/2019 3:30 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Given that he floor is glass, you won't be getting [normal] spawns regardless….

Placing the lamp at the top of the wall would facilitate teh wiring as one can then run redstone dust [RSD] across teh tops of the walls.
[Note that with the ceiling being glass this will likely show somewhat; if this is an important consideration, you may wish to add an opaque rim and/or molding.]

(Given the circumstance described it doesn't matter here, but being explicit about which dimension is which is a good idea: MC's XxYxZ would say you have a 4x7 room that is 6 high [a 6x9, 8 high build if including walls. floor, and ceiling]; while typical home descriptions would suggest you have a 4x6 room that is 7 high [ a 6x8, 9 high build if including walls. floor, and ceiling].
With a floor of spawnable blocks, this would be important because of how light spreads qv. minecraft.gamepedia.com/Light#Spread )
06/30/2019 6:20 pm
genericcrafter
i meant to say that the edges of my floor/roof is wood, but i kind of forgot due to my dyslexia. and i'll be more specific about my measurements in the future. thank you ^^
06/29/2019 12:46 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
bhfdh
middle
06/29/2019 12:24 pm
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
Why don't you experiment and place a lamp where you think it may look good? If it doesn't, just break/replace it until you are comfortable with the location.
06/29/2019 12:43 pm
genericcrafter
i'm really not confident in my aesthetic sense, which is why i made this post hoping i'd get some advice from someone who knows what they're doing ^^;
06/29/2019 4:07 pm
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
I wasn't very good at building when I started out, either. I eventually got the hang of it. Just try out different positions and see how you like it!

I started out on the old Pocket Edition back before the Nether was added, and I would create these little Obsidian boxes with Crafting Tables/Furnaces/Chests/Stonecutters/etc. and then I would try to survive. Sound great to you? Not really.

I eventually got better and actually built good-looking houses. Just experiment and see what you like!

(p.s. I still don't build on 1:973462587 scales like some people do, and I still don't try to re-create real life buildings)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome