Should i leave Minecraft?sentiment_very_dissatisfied

JorgeTKP's Avatar JorgeTKP11/27/22 9:30 pm history
2 emeralds 113 3
12/18/2022 2:17 pm
Juillyoom's Avatar Juillyoom
I wonder if I should just give up Minecraft altogether, or if I'll even be able to. At the beginning I used to play with my friends, but as time progressed, only I kept building. The thing is, I'm constantly tormented by new ideas to build and improve, I can't watch a quiet movie or series without starting to figure out how to recreate what I see in Minecraft, which is reflected in some of my builds.

I am in what are perhaps the most important years of the University, it has become more difficult, and I really do not have the necessary mental discipline to eliminate all distractors, and I really consume a lot of time in the same game.

Maybe someone is going through something similar, or has some useful advice, if not, I guess I will effectively quit the game, for my own good, because it actually conflicts with my adult life. Or maybe I can somehow continue building? I really do not know.

Thanks, somehow I really enjoy this game, and this site fills me with inspiration.

P.S: English is not my native language, so my spelling may be unclear, or inaccurate.
JorgeTKP
Level 50 : Grandmaster Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/18/2022 2:17 pm
Level 41 : Master Skinner
Juillyoom
I'd say that you should take a break for now for it, maybe take a block-notes sometime and write what you want to build, altough take it easy and dont be too fast
12/18/2022 1:33 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Elf
Kaysoka
If you need a break to focus on more important things, then it would be wise to do so. The Minecraft community will await your return.
12/18/2022 1:10 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Rinlichz
I might not be a really good help, but in my opinion, I think to quit something you like to do it is really hard. Just think about the time you do it. Are you happy?
You don't have to quit playing, you can try give yourself a time that you don't need to think about recreate those stuff. Me myself is not a good builder in minecraft, but I am self learner Artist, at first whenever I watch any anime or even manga, I can't stop thinking about the design of those characters and thinking how to produce them.
I was feeling the same as you, but then I notice that I have to give myself a free time where I can enjoy things like normal people. If you are being to serious about everything it will not be so healthy, so just relax more. And give yourself freetime that you don't have to think like an artist(or architecture) get used to this mindset and it will be fine!
Even if you are not going to mainly do this, you can just let it be your hobby. Play it when you want, Build when you got new ideas.
Ps. Your works are really incredible
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome