Should I make a unique server no one has ever done before?

Haydenjames's Avatar Haydenjames8/7/14 8:25 pm
8/8/2014 11:39 am
Haydenjames's Avatar Haydenjames
Summary

Hey guys! So I've been thinking, should I make a unique survival server to end them all? The server will be custom-coded with advanced parkour, and more. The server would include Energy (for advanced parkour), Thirst, and a remade HP, and Hunger bar. A small sample of the server is below.

Stat Bar

Your Stat Bar would display your stats shown below. Some of the max stats are upgradable (they will be classified with *). This will be displayed using scoreboards. The original bars will be invisible (using Resource Packs).

- STAT BAR -
Health: X/*
Hunger: X/50
Thirst: X/50
Sanity: X/*
Oxygen: X/50
Temperature: X
Energy: X/*

Temperature

This is a advanced part of the Stat Bar. Your temperature will depend on the biome your at. Reach over 100 and you start burning. Fall below 0 and you get the wither effect.

There ARE ways to get by these deaths, wearing Leather Armor will permanently boost up your temperature (+5 each piece), Iron Armor will also work, but is not recommended. It only works in hot biomes, pretty much giving you warmth at the wrong time. Standing on snow will also freeze you up (by 20).

To get by the heat, you can craft a Ice Pack (textured chainmeal helmet). The icepack permanently lowers your temperature by 20 when equip. Jumping into water will instantly cool you down to 45 (but in Ice Water it will cool you down to 5).

Energy & Parkour

The parkour is just pure epicness, when your stuck to the wall you can double jump quickly to climb, and you can hang on via sneak. Climbing will take 10 energy per jump, and hanging on will take 3 energy per second. You can also double jump, but it takes a heck load of energy (to double jump tap space 3 times, so you don't do it on accident). Double Jumping will take 50 energy. Energy will regenerate by 1 every .5 seconds (when not climbing or grabbing on).

Sanity & Oxygen
These are pretty basic, when your near monsters or stuck in the dark for a while your sanity drops lower, if it reaches 0 you go insane (random messages, blindness, nasuea). Oxygen is simple, when your around bedrock your oxygen will go down slowly, reaching 0 will kill you. Oxygen is mostly made for space, but space & space ships will be explained if the server gets released. Your oxygen will also lower underwater.

Wow I'm tired, should I make this server? Would you guys like it? Thanks!
If we reach 50 'Heck yes!'s I'll start hiring a coder! (and I'll start up a wiki for more info)
If we reach 100 'Heck yes!'s I'll develop the server!
If we reach 250 'Heck yes!'s the server will be public release!
Haydenjames
Level 29 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/08/2014 10:24 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Waffle
SackboyRocks
Good concept. I'll believe it when I see it though.
08/08/2014 9:46 am
Haydenjames
pokemonboy21
Haydenjames
pokemonboy21Seems to complex, but I would personally like this. Also good custom coded plugins cost some money, especially for what your asking. There would need mods to add blocks and make a new HUD, good luck sir.

Well it isn't a custom HUD, its a scoreboard, and extra blocks would be structures, such as a 3x3 furnace would create a Generator.[/quote

That requires a mod my boy

A plugin, not a mod
08/08/2014 9:43 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
MatronixPVP
Haydenjames
pokemonboy21Seems to complex, but I would personally like this. Also good custom coded plugins cost some money, especially for what your asking. There would need mods to add blocks and make a new HUD, good luck sir.

Well it isn't a custom HUD, its a scoreboard, and extra blocks would be structures, such as a 3x3 furnace would create a Generator.[/quote

That requires a mod my boy
08/08/2014 9:11 am
Level 1 : New Miner
tacocatter
YES!!!
08/08/2014 8:52 am
MatronixPVP
Seems to complex, but I would personally like this. Also good custom coded plugins cost some money, especially for what your asking. There would need mods to add blocks and make a new HUD, good luck sir.
08/08/2014 9:17 am
Haydenjames
Well it isn't a custom HUD, its a scoreboard, and extra blocks would be structures, such as a 3x3 furnace would create a Generator.
08/08/2014 8:47 am
Haydenjames
oh yeah lol, what I meant by that was no server has ever done.

EDIT: Changed it.
08/08/2014 9:01 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
xSpectre
Thank god, I was going to say because I own my own server.
omg that was scahry
08/08/2014 8:46 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
xSpectre
Worth adding to you that your title seems to be unfair as you are saying that if you make this server, it could possibly destroy all the others, making you the last one standing.
08/08/2014 8:00 am
Haydenjames
Scratch the classes, let's make it so you start out has a human and upgrade
08/08/2014 7:53 am
Level 27 : Expert Nerd
David+123
YES OMG YESSSSSSSSS I WOULD GO ON THIS SERVER ALL THE TIME MAKE THIS AND TELL ME THE IP
08/08/2014 7:52 am
Haydenjames
Allergy_Man
HaydenjamesYou can craft a Ice Pack (textured chainmeal helmet). The icepack permanently lowers your temperature by 20 when equip. Jumping into water will instantly cool you down to 45 (but in Ice Water it will cool you down to 5).
I don't think chainmail would be a good idea since it's not craft able. Would you be able to use dyed leather armor? You wouldn't be able to texture them, but it would be obvious because of colors. (Red for warm, Blue for cold) It sounds like this would be a very interesting server.

Well it's chainmeal BECAUSE it's uncraftable, so we can make a custom crafting recipe.
08/08/2014 7:50 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Mountaineer
FlintBucketStudio
Dude I would love this to bits
and even record on it!
08/08/2014 7:45 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Scribe
wolv
those classes you originally posted seem very similar to some on another server I play on that goes by the name LeafCreeper but other than that you seem to have some good ideas
08/08/2014 7:51 am
Haydenjames
Oh yeah, that's what I got it from XD
08/08/2014 7:36 am
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
I'm not the kind of person who spends 24 hours a day on a server, but heck, that parkour sounds amazing. I would definitely try this out!
08/08/2014 7:35 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Hugoi
Need Moderators, and or just general people to help you? I can come up with really awesome ideas! I have had a server since Alpha, and sometimes it goes well, sometimes not, i have a lot of experience and knows what people like!

Great Idea! Love it!
08/08/2014 7:32 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
HaydenjamesYou can craft a Ice Pack (textured chainmeal helmet). The icepack permanently lowers your temperature by 20 when equip. Jumping into water will instantly cool you down to 45 (but in Ice Water it will cool you down to 5).
I don't think chainmail would be a good idea since it's not craft able. Would you be able to use dyed leather armor? You wouldn't be able to texture them, but it would be obvious because of colors. (Red for warm, Blue for cold) It sounds like this would be a very interesting server.
08/08/2014 7:31 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
Kontayes
As much as i love this idea, but i disapprove of the futuristic style as I am a medieval type player. So 10/10 on making such an awesome server. but 1/10 on the content (purely my opinion on what i prefer the aspect is good in its own right just not my thing)
More power to you lets have a server like this.
08/08/2014 7:50 am
Haydenjames
Well, then you could choose Human as your class.
08/08/2014 8:54 am
MatronixPVP
Do you know what your doing, all plugins are .jar..... MySQL is a way of saving date good god
08/08/2014 9:16 am
Haydenjames
Oh, sorry, I'm not a plugin and file expert XD
08/08/2014 7:24 am
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
UnderscoreZeroLP
JoaoPauloC100

Love that siggy! Mind if I use it too?
08/08/2014 7:23 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Greybolt
In the new snapshot, you can show scoreboards to specific teams. Create one team per player and use fake players for the scores and you'll have your stat bar.
08/07/2014 9:03 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
JoaoPauloC100
I tried doing a server like that.. Didn't work very well for me, but if you make it I'll be your first player!
08/08/2014 7:19 am
Haydenjames
thanks for the support!
08/07/2014 8:45 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
philpres2
You should also be able to build stuctures like a multi-furnace (like 3x3x3 stone square with a furnace in it) that you be upgraded. Different stuctures can be create/reconized. Also, the certain classes should get buffs/debuffs. You could probably also have custom items (but you can only use in-game items) to each class. (I know that all this can be done with plugins since I am a Plugin Dev)
08/07/2014 8:48 pm
Haydenjames
Great idea! And your a plugin dev? Are you up for hiring?
08/07/2014 8:53 pm
philpres2
I might have time to make one plugin. At the moment, I'm working on a poll plugin and my own custom plugins for my server.
08/07/2014 8:59 pm
Haydenjames
Ahh, k, tell me when your unoccupied.
08/07/2014 9:09 pm
philpres2
I could code something. I would just need to know what I'm all coding, because one developer would take awhile for the whole server to be developed. I would want to know what method of saving you would want to do for the server, like MySQL or local saving like most plugins.
08/08/2014 7:18 am
Haydenjames
Well I kinda wanted all one plugin, then we pass the file on to other developers to create the best plugin ever. Plus i'd like it has a .jar file.
08/07/2014 8:34 pm
Level 49 : Master Wizard
epicanthony76
great idea!
08/07/2014 8:27 pm
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
Goku_LSSJ
I...
Would...
Love...
This...

Pair this with UHC and I'm in heaven
08/07/2014 8:29 pm
Haydenjames
Thanks for the support! I'll go create a poll.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome