Should I do Twitch?

asdafsdahfsga's Avatar asdafsdahfsga12/31/12 4:56 pm history
1/1/2013 7:47 pm
Bodrew's Avatar Bodrew

Poll ended 01/04/2013 4:56 pm.

asdafsdahfsga
Level 3 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/01/2013 4:36 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pokemon
Elyki_XD
Sure; follow your frickin dreams before they eat your entrails.
01/01/2013 4:02 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pony
TheMiightyJP
I myself have never done a any streaming other then tests for the fact that my internet is too slow but I would personally say do things like giveaways to catch peoples eyes when searching for a channel to watch but if that works for you then I have nothing against it
01/01/2013 4:30 pm
Level 28 : Expert Toast
Notch0s
You actually don't need to do giveaways... I have streamed with my buds for a little time now, about 3-4 month or less, and we have never ever done a giveaway or anything and we get a decent amount of views.
(EDIT) Also XSplit has good enough quality for me, personally I'm not gonna go buy a 200$ livestreaming software. Its just useless.
01/01/2013 3:57 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
I use Xsplit... The way you get viewers with Streaming is to just keep going them they will drift over, trust me.
01/01/2013 7:47 pm
Level 21 : Expert Mage
Bodrew
^ Truth. I've been streaming not that long actually, and I've got over 70 followers so far.
01/01/2013 3:24 pm
TheMiightyJP
It's not as simple as you think, you need to get all the graphics, make sure the streaming software works, the video is in sync with the audio, the video has the right ratio, the video actually plays, you have good enough internet to hold the stream up and find out things to do on the stream.

I personally tried getting a stream to work and I got everything to work (other then the information textile) but that was after about 1 month and if you really want to get views then you need things like HD streaming (720p+) and that cost's money, as well as giveaways and hosting servers ect. All of that and I haven't even listed all the things that you have to do that can go bad! I would overall say not to bother unless you have something like a youtube account with say 10,000 subscribers because then you'll be sure to get at least 100 views each stream.

Don't get me wrong, if you have the time and money for this then go ahead but if you're say living a regular life where gaming isn't your living then I would just not bother.
01/01/2013 3:30 pm
Deth_Glitch
What a pessimist... Dude.. you dont have to pay to do HQ streaming and it took me just under a day to get it all synced...
I don't think anyone said it was 'Simple' either..
01/01/2013 3:37 pm
TheMiightyJP
You do if you use something like xSplit unless you're a bit cheeky and get a crack (not saying I did ) I'm just using what I know and giving that information to him, I may have 1 or 2 facts incorrect and as I said before; he can go straight for it if he has the time and effort. But I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion
01/01/2013 3:06 pm
Deth_Glitch
I have been wanting someone to do a dualstream with... you may be my guy!
01/01/2013 2:29 pm
Bodrew
No problem man. I'm not sure if anyone has gotten noticed from livestreaming, but doing that can DEFINITELY lead into doing YouTube videos, and if those get popular, boom. Good Luck

-Bod
01/01/2013 12:23 pm
asdafsdahfsga
Anyone else?
01/01/2013 3:19 am
Bodrew
FTB is a pretty good thing to stream, as I am streaming it now, not to advertise, but yeah definitely go for something the audience wants if you want viewers, or just do whatever you like
01/01/2013 11:32 am
asdafsdahfsga
If I do stream with twitch than I would probably stream what the audience wants. Thanks 4 the advice bodrew! I will PM you if I start livestreaming with twitch.
12/31/2012 6:42 pm
asdafsdahfsga
*Changed poll. Now the voting will end on 1/4/13
12/31/2012 6:18 pm
Bodrew
Twitch is a good way to get your name out there, good community. You can especially get noticed if you stream something that is fairly popular on Twitch, such as maybe, BO2 or Tekkit. I stream Tekkit sometimes, but I have been having problems with Xsplit.

Overall, yea, streaming is a fun thing to do to get in touch with the community, and maybe make some friends along the way. Go for it bro
12/31/2012 6:24 pm
asdafsdahfsga
Thanks dude! If I stream with Twitch then I will probably stream Happy Wheels and Minecraft. Maybe even something else too!
12/31/2012 5:27 pm
asdafsdahfsga
So far Oh yeah bro is the lead!
12/31/2012 5:04 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
ChairRacerz
You seem like a nice guy , I think you should. If you do, you should use XSplit. Oh, if you need a profile picture, ask me! I'll be tuning in!
12/31/2012 5:09 pm
asdafsdahfsga
Thanks dude! The thing thats funny is my computer already has XSplit! I guess someone downloaded it already! And I will PM you if I ever get one!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome