Should i be worried about this?

Charmont's Avatar Charmont4/28/14 7:03 pm
4/28/2014 7:54 pm
Kaev's Avatar Kaev
First of all, i'm not exactly a forum genius so i don't know if this is in the right section. if it isn't, please don't hesitate to tell me where it should be.
On a PvP Factions server full of xrayers and hackers, my friend's faction base is raided. Nothing odd, we didn't claim the land, but then we're raided again in claimed land. A sign sits among the remains of our base, it reads "thanks for the stuff -lionmonk"(note the misspelling of Lionmunk) and is surrounded in lit netherack. I was confused, claimed land is protected from outsiders, and I've been framed... Or have i? the things i was wearing the day before are gone, so are my tools and food, and i'm back at the spawn. I had disconnected inside the base.
Should i be worried about this strange happening, or is there a simple explanation for all this? I'm worried that I've been hacked by a user on the server, but i cannot know for sure. Anyone got some ideas?
Charmont
Level 54 : Grandmaster Prince

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/28/2014 7:54 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Kaev
Simply provide Mojang with your transaction ID and ask for a new email...
If you don't have that, you're an idiot :p
Joking of course. It says keep note of it though. That ID is more important than you think. God forbid if a hacker got hold of it, they could do ANYTHING with your account. It's legitimate proof of ownership.

Minecraft is the only game I actually have zero worries about account compromising due to the fact that it's super easy to get hold of your account again.
04/28/2014 7:47 pm
Level 23 : Expert Lumberjack
Superdude717
I would say this 1 thing: Get the heck out of that server, make a new email, change your password, and never get on that server again.
04/28/2014 7:30 pm
Charmont
The stronger faction thing seems alright, but it doesn't explain my inventory emptying, and my position changing from the base to around 50 blocks from the spawn area. And i did a bit of digging just now, and my faction is gone, it no longer exists.
04/28/2014 7:26 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Network
Redified
Probably a stronger faction claimed it, they can do that.
04/28/2014 7:21 pm
Charmont
I would talk to the server staff if i knew who they were, and my old email was deleted for reasons i would prefer not to mention, so i cannot change my password...
04/28/2014 7:15 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer
Butterblender
Change your MC password...
04/28/2014 7:14 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
Talk with the server staff.
04/28/2014 7:11 pm
Charmont
Our faction was a closed faction, and the only members were me, my friend, and his brother, all the land was saying it was claimed, and the base was more raided than destroyed, but there was some destruction.
04/28/2014 7:06 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
1. Is your faction open? If it is open they can join your faction and get the land
2. could have used tnt or creeper eggs
3. could have been someone in your faction helping them
4. could be abusive staff member
5. maybe you had no power and they claimed it?
04/28/2014 7:05 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
sarcastic_ninja
Well, I'm pretty sure you were hacked. But you got your stuff back.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome