Sign font info (specifically I want to change it to Klingon)

GnomeFreak's Avatar GnomeFreak8/24/11 8:29 pm
8/25/2011 7:07 pm
GnomeFreak's Avatar GnomeFreak
Alright, here's my problem. I want to use Klingon characters on signs for my Klingon Bird of Prey. I've figured out how to change symbols to Klingon by using paint.net on the default.png from the bin/font file. However I want to be able to have English translation signs above the Klingon signs. So I figure all I need to do is change some of the extraneous symbols in default.png and leave the English characters alone. I'm not sure how to get any of the other symbols to show up on the signs (like the smilie face and different lines). I tried pressing ALT and different numbers and letters but I all got was standard letters and numbers, not the symbols and doodads that are on the default.png image. If I can figure it out, I'd like to upload a klingon.png file that would be an alternate for the default.png file. Any help would be appreciated.
GnomeFreak
Level 53 : Grandmaster Geek

Create an account or sign in to comment.

GnomeFreak
08/25/2011 7:07 pm
Nope. That doesn't work in game or in MCEdit. Got the color symbol to work (font color). Still haven't figured out how to bring up the other symbols on the default.png. Seems kind of pointless for Notch to have left them on the default.png if there's no way of using them. If worse comes to worse I'll just turn the shift+numbers into Klingon numbers and turn either upper or lower case letters into the Klingon letters (similar to what a guy did with the Zelda letters, couldn't download his default.png file, so wasn't much help). Working on that until someone can give me some better idea
GnomeFreak
08/24/2011 9:22 pm
To Mario. Tried that, didn't work either. Thanks though.
to Kis. Apologies. Don't know who to ask for one. Not interested in that route. Already have it halfway done. If I can figure out how to post pictures here I could show you exactly what I'm doing. I've simply replaced English numbers with Klingon ones in the default.png. Putting the pic in the project page after I get done writing this out. If you want to check it out look under Bird of Prey in a few minutes.
marioman10
08/24/2011 9:18 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Archer
I would try control+a letter
brandman
08/25/2011 6:00 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
Uhhhh, it's ALT+ a number with numlock on.
Kisanorame
08/24/2011 9:12 pm
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Twas' a joke, but you're totally mad now.
LULZ
Seriously tho, go ask someone to make this a plugin, it could be useful for rp servers.
GnomeFreak
08/24/2011 9:00 pm
First off I've never done plug-ins, not a programmer, have no idea where to even start, don't really want to bug someone to make something that I then would have to figure out how to use. Lot more complicated to me to go that route. I know how to change the font design in the default area. Already did the numbers, probably would have finished with the alphabet, when I realized I wanted to still utilize the English characters as well.
As far as the comments about the duplicate posting. I didn't see the help posting area until after I had already posted in the everything else area. I figured that would be a better place for my query and I don't know how to delete previous posts. This is my first time posting here. I don't have a lot of experience with forums, I normally just figure stuff out on my own. So I would appreciate help and not assy comments about copying posts. If you weren't being assy then I apologize.
Kisanorame
08/24/2011 8:46 pm
OMG
Just ask for/make a plugin that has mulit-language signs by a certain command or something, and make one klingon.
It seems less complicated than what you're trying to do.
GnomeFreak
08/24/2011 8:44 pm
I don't really need a plug-in. I just need to figure out how to access the extra font symbols that are on the default font .png while making a sign(editing it, writing on it, whatever). I can edit those symbols to look like Klingon figures without having to mess with the English letters and numbers. I could just replace some of the characters (the Klingon alphabet is fairly small) but I don't think I'd have enough characters for the whole effect I'm trying for. That's why I want ot know if it's possible to access the extra symbols and how to do it.
Kisanorame
08/24/2011 8:38 pm
Go bug a plugin dev to make a plugin for this purpose.
brandman
08/24/2011 8:35 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
Wuuuut. Sry but that was hard to follow. Please elaborate?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome