Sigrogana Legend (Roleplaying Game)

DaitetsuSoryuen's Avatar DaitetsuSoryuen9/27/12 4:42 pm
1 emeralds 828 1
9/28/2012 6:54 am
DaitetsuSoryuen's Avatar DaitetsuSoryuen
I figured alot of people would like this game, because it seems alot of people on PMC like to Roleplay, but I wanted to tell you about this game and I've been playing for about five years now and am a veteran on. The game is pretty fun and I would suggest playing it if you are a fan of DnD styled combat and the Random Number Generator (RNG). But lets get to it shall we?

Sigrogana Legend is an online roleplaying game (it does require you to roleplay and I would suggest using some proper grammar before playing, so that people can understand you properly) and has tons of interesting features available for you to do, such as:

• Craft items. There are more than 150+ recipes in the game and some are quite hidden to even the most veteran of players and most craftable items have a quality rating on them, too. Going from Abysmal to Perfect even.
  • Realistic weight system. Everything has a weight to it and that even applies to stackable items and if you go over your weight limit you become over encumbered and you walk very slowly as a result.
  • Realistic hunger system. You cannot do some actions in the game such as mining until you eat food. Each food item restores a different amount of food and it is divided into different tiers of how hungry you are. Such as -very-, -very- hungry to full.
  • Day and Night system. Time eventually transitions to day and night and eventually vice-versa. Notifications are showed on the screen telling you when this occurs. Some abilities can get bonuses during day or night, too!
  • Seasonal Holidays (such as Halloween) are celebrated ingame and usually have special events and seasonal items that you can get, but only at that time of year and they are limited time only, however you can keep them for pretty much as long as you wish. Some people have event items from over two or three years ago.
  • Customizable Character Profile system that you can edit with HTML and CSS if you so choose. It saves and persists through game reboots. Useful for displaying character information and anything else creative you have to say! You can view other peoples descriptions by right clicking them and choosing to 'Examine' them.
  • DnD (Dungeons and Dragons) like combat system with dice rolls and custom formulas to find out damage ratios and other things like dodge. Weapons are based on dice rolls and can extra things on them such as bonus fire damage and so on.
  • Choose 1 out of 16 classes and you can level your class to level 20 and then branch out to another class (example: Detective can get Rogue abilities). You can multiclass into any other class at anytime, however and you do keep the abilities you do multiclass into. An example would be that I could be a magician and get the ability to use runes (which are only available to a Rune Magician) and use that in combination with my magic.
  • Events that can be player made and can have GM help with. Meaning if your event for your character that you want is good enough then GMs can help you with it, of course it has to be something meaningful. There are sometimes on rare moments where GM hosted events come into play with special rewards or even certain bragging rights. Like there is this one person named Temlin who RPly had gone to Hell and back, so no one else but him could say that anyways.
  • Explore many various islands, dungeons, mines, and some even special areas that can be only accessed if you complete certain quests. New areas are being worked on by the developer of the game.
  • Mine or Gather resources such as flowers, twine, ore, etc to use in crafting or decorating purposes.
  • There is an OOC (Out of Character) chat for non-roleplay chatting and there is the regular say which is for those to your view, whisper which will whisper what you said to a person nearby (people with high listen can still hear you, so be careful), and emote which lets you act out an action. Most of these actions do have a text limit on them, so don't go too overboard!
  • The game has its own lore and most of it can be found in Lore Books in game and on the wiki.
  • DISCer Housing system. You can create your own personal house with over 10 different types of DISCer themes and other furniture available in the game.
  • Boss battles. The game wouldn't be complete without some interesting bosses right? Well there are quite a large number of bosses, but the majority of them are the demons of Lemegeton. Bosses can usually switch up their tactics during the fight and may even do certain things that can kill you if you don't watch out. Not only that, but all monsters in the game have a rare chance of being a miniboss (it shows as a different color than normal and when killed will drop a special chest which possible rare items, bosses can even become minibosses and drop even more rarer items).
  • Customize your character, pratically in any way you want with over 50+ hairstyles in the game and not to mention the item dying system. You can dye items (armor and clothing especially, plus other items, too) into different colors and you can pretty much make any sort of clothing combination you wish to.

I have written a beginners guide on the wiki if you feel like you do need help and if you do join SL tell them that Dai sent you on OOC chat and please be sure to read the server rules which are on the Wiki and if you have any questions or suggestions for the game be sure to post them on the forums.

This game does require BYOND to play. It is a program that allows you to not only create your own games in a C++ fashion, but you can play other games that other developers have posted, as well. Most of the BYOND games are 2D, but there are some that are 2.5D or 3D in some cases.

In order to join the game you will have to login onto BYOND (through the program itself, this means you have to be signed in by pager) and go to the Sigrogana Legend page as linked above and click the Play Now button and the game will start downloading and once all downloaded you can create your own character.

BYOND is a pretty good program for starting on learning a language such as C++ and I do recommend trying it out and the program itself is very clean and always does get updated pretty often, it also now allows you to use Flash (if you were interested in that sort of thing anyways.)
DaitetsuSoryuen
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer