Something extremely creepy has just happened on my PC.

QuantumDirt's Avatar QuantumDirt1/2/14 3:37 am
1/2/2014 6:20 am
ggesus_'s Avatar ggesus_
Ok, so I just turned on my laptop, and I open Google Chrome. But like a few minutes later, something appears at the bottom of my screen, a hard drive symbol with a green arrow pointing to the right. Curious, I opened the box up, and almost instantly, my mouse pad stops working and my laptop fan suddenly becomes very loud and fast. Yup, it completely stopped, even my wireless mouse stopped working as well... even though it's turned on. What I read in the box was "Flashing, Flashing will start in 15... 14... (counts down to 0) Your mouse pad will be temporarily disabled during this time."... something like that. Then, watching the countdown, I starts the "flashing" and estimates the time to complete it... 100... 99... 98... back down to only around 55 or so, then it disappears and my laptop noise goes back to normal. Creepy eh? Was this like a mandatory HP update? Am I about to get into trouble? I could use some help here please!

P.S. I'm not talking about the irl flashing (you know what i mean by that), and this event just happened around 10 minutes before I made a post about it. My laptop is also a HP, as I just mentioned up above.
QuantumDirt
Level 2 : Apprentice Blacksmith

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/02/2014 6:20 am
Level 26 : Expert Button Pusher
ggesus_
Oh nose! It looks like you got the "WTF?!" virus from the inappropriate sites that you visit. :/
It's okie, we all go through this man-ditory update stage once in a while.
01/02/2014 6:13 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Blackwolf000

IDK why i just did that thing
01/02/2014 4:23 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Princess
Faxwy
Hope it doesn't break like mine. If it's overheating don't use it lol
01/02/2014 4:19 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
nickfromgreece
The fact that the fan was loud it ment that the coputer did something that required a LOT of computing power so it needed to bump up the rotations per min of the fan.
I recommend you got in the windows control panel > System >Event viewer and see if theres anything out of the ordinatry there.
01/02/2014 4:22 am
QuantumDirt
Ahh i see... thanks!
01/02/2014 4:13 am
Faxwy
Is it running fine now?
01/02/2014 4:11 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
-Chrome- has not responded because the computer got up and ate him :l it was obviously a mandatory update, like he said. The computer updated to Cyborg. Nasty things.

EDIT: Dangit! -Chrome- apparently did not die.
01/02/2014 4:08 am
Faxwy
Virus? LOL
01/02/2014 4:10 am
QuantumDirt
So... it's just a manditory update?
01/02/2014 4:06 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Cowboy
_tay
irl flashing i giggled