Sooo....that whole CSGO Lotto Scandal...

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW7/7/16 8:38 pm
7/9/2016 12:28 pm
Civeberg's Avatar Civeberg
For those who don't know, Valve and a bunch of websites associated with CSGO (Counter Strike Global Offensive). are facing class action lawsuits, for basically providing a service for gambling with in-game skins to minors, since it's against the law for a minor to gamble. And 2 huge Youtubers (ProSyndicate and Tmartn2) who promoted the site a bunch on their channel, turned out to be the owners of one of those sites. Pretty much, these Youtubers have scammed thousands of dollars out of people, and lied to millions of people. They will most probably face jail time for this.

You can find more info about the scandal on channels H3H3Productions and Jim Sterling.

So, what are your thoughts on it?

Honestly, I find the whole scandal disgusting, and I hope those Youtubers get punished for it. Scamming people is a scummy thing to do.
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/09/2016 12:39 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
The only sites that should be sued that are csgogambling sites, are the ones that dont have the if your 18 or older warning when you are on the site.

Which CSGOLOTTO had the warning, if you are 13 or older... which is illegal.

Basically the sites that tried to warn kids that they can't gamble on the site if they are younger than 18, shouldn't be sued.

But sites like CSGOLOTTO should be sued for the owners promoting on youtube, not saying they are the owners. On their channels who have their videos watched by hundreds and thousands of kids. WITH the little 13 or older warning on the site.
07/08/2016 8:16 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Lad
Fred
guestdsbut if you were underage betting or older and scammed still why would it come up now only that people have been scammed and people start claiming it once something goes up about it and if youre underage gambling aka betting your money its your fault if you lose as you chose to do it... nobody forced you to gamble you did it yourself...

Underage betting in CSGO sites was already a "hot" news topic and although yes you are right in saying that it's the person's fault for gambling, but the issue was that these websites knew that kids were gambling on their sites and nothing was being done about it. However I know that it is pretty much impossible to stop underage betting on these gambling sites since there is no real way checking to see if a person is actually of age to gamble.
07/08/2016 12:50 am
AnimeFanFTW
The Silver Paladin
AnimeFanFTWFor those who don't know, Valve and a bunch of websites associated with CSGO (Counter Strike Global Offensive). are facing class action lawsuits, for basically providing a service for gambling with in-game skins to minors, since it's against the law for a minor to gamble. And 2 huge Youtubers (ProSyndicate and Tmartn2) who promoted the site a bunch on their channel, turned out to be the owners of one of those sites. Pretty much, these Youtubers have scammed thousands of dollars out of people, and lied to millions of people. They will most probably face jail time for this.

You can find more info about the scandal on channels H3H3Productions and Jim Sterling.

Honestly, I find the whole scandal disgusting, and I hope those Youtubers get punished for it. Scamming people is a scummy thing to do.

I'd been hearing about it from good old Jim [EXPLETIVE] Sterling, Son. Didn't know Ethan had a video up on it. I'll check it out.

But wow. This really is a mess they've gotten themselves into. TBH, I do hope they get punished. But right now, the Internet and its jurisdiction is the Wild West. We don't know how much trouble they'll get into, if they even do. Yes, they deserve to be punished, and harshly to set a precedent, but we need to keep it reasonable, because this is new territory.

How did you not know H3H3 made a video on it? Jim mentioned him in his video. In fact, H3H3 was the one that really brought it to the attention of everyone.

And you do have a point, the internet has lots of loopholes when it comes to the law, especially considering gambling with CSGO weapon skins wouldn't count as anything "valuable" (even though these skins have prices ranging from a couple of cents to thousands of dollars). But considering there has been people that got arrested for doing shady stuff online in the past, don't be surprised if these Youtubers face justice for their scamming.
07/08/2016 12:44 am
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
AnimeFanFTWFor those who don't know, Valve and a bunch of websites associated with CSGO (Counter Strike Global Offensive). are facing class action lawsuits, for basically providing a service for gambling with in-game skins to minors, since it's against the law for a minor to gamble. And 2 huge Youtubers (ProSyndicate and Tmartn2) who promoted the site a bunch on their channel, turned out to be the owners of one of those sites. Pretty much, these Youtubers have scammed thousands of dollars out of people, and lied to millions of people. They will most probably face jail time for this.

I'd been hearing about it from good old Jim [EXPLETIVE] Sterling, Son. Didn't know Ethan had a video up on it. I'll check it out.

But wow. This really is a mess they've gotten themselves into. TBH, I do hope they get punished. But right now, the Internet and its jurisdiction is the Wild West. We don't know how much trouble they'll get into, if they even do. Yes, they deserve to be punished, and harshly to set a precedent, but we need to keep it reasonable, because this is new territory.
07/08/2016 12:02 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
this is what happens when a youtuber i watched alot is getting hate... i go on rants...
TheSyndicateProject and ProSyndicate....

when i searched for PS i found things saying they link to their channel but the channel has for a really long time been TheSyndicateProject so what connects them?

you cant trust police lines of suspects with a witness saying who and the same with people saying others did something on the internet so until TSP says he actually did do this... nope not trusting it... and if he admits to it im gonna be really ticked off... at his subs and fans who lost to him and claim its scamming...

example of this is gta 5 online me and someone else were playing i didnt know who they were but they were online for longer then i was then someone came on and was hacking but made it say it was ME who was hacking by saying (im not gonna say my ign) in the kills bar "guestds finished/killed/ended/blew up/other death messaged/stabbed allplayernameshere" even though i didnt do it...

basicly wait until TSP says something about it THEN you can take more accurate thoughts but for now wait k... imo TSP is innocent or accidently at fault for it but really the places ive seen this be mentioned or whats been mentioned is H3H3 which imo is like LIH which means basicly making up false things to gain attention and steal subs from the victim as LIH already made a video about Bashur but when it comes to things like this... NEVER believe any of it until the person being hated on says something about it... and also i wanna know why this stuff never makes it to CTV (which must be renamed to Cat Television cause when i was like 7) or other news things... just websites that arent on tv... aka most likely arent funded... also the website i went to first that claimed ProSyndicate and TheSyndicateProject are the same... it wants you to remove adblock aka automatic destruction block cause ads that i get are either mentally disturbing or gives a virus that then gains that website more money...

so any website that goes full hate onto people while also not letting you use it without disabling your adblocker (or sneaking past the adblock block with google chromes inspect element thing lol) i wanna make a post that has false positive evidence saying those websited automaticly install a virus onto your pc if you dont use adblock aka do what they do back to them aka cause them to get hated for something thats possibly true like they did to others... but no i wont ill just say:

in basic NEVER trust the website that act like theyre CTV News until the person they hate on admits THEMSELF on their OWN channel they did this and speak like how they did in alot of previous videos

its long but pls read it... lol....? rant mode... off.... power... depleted... bye... lol?

submit not save...
07/08/2016 12:44 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Legitimately none of that made sense. And whatever i understood was unrelated... this is for csgo gambling, not random gta 5 videos

Good thing i don't find any interest in csgo whatsoever. Because i would end up being a victim. IMO there are too many csgo trading/gambling/whatever sites. Not even LoL or DotA have this high a concentration of this crap...
07/08/2016 7:02 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
basicly the websites for info said ProSyndicate though it links to TheSyndicateProject which is suspicious especially with them not wanting you to use the site without disabling adblock btw reason i use it is alot of ads will automaticly download onto the pc and now you have 50 viruses that adblock doesnt block

but if you were underage betting or older and scammed still why would it come up now only that people have been scammed and people start claiming it once something goes up about it and if youre underage gambling aka betting your money its your fault if you lose as you chose to do it... nobody forced you to gamble you did it yourself...

first part is saying dont trust websites about any drama type stuff except for CTV News and even that can be wrong so dont believe it even if theres high evidence basicly like The Game Theorists always at the end say "Thats jsut a theory, a Game/Film Theory!" as a disclaimer but these websites dont disclaimer about these possibly being false positives

second part is basicly be careful and dont gamble and only go to verified websites for paying things

EDIT: forgot to say yes TSP is PS but neither had any post about this so... or atleast recent ones to get hated by... so stop spreading the hate towards them as... its innocent until proven guilty with good enough proof but im still sticking with TSP is innocent as anything happening most likely wasnt intentional
07/07/2016 11:17 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Lad
Fred
Although most of the hate is going towards Tmartn, Syndicate should not be easily forgiven. Also, almost no one, besides people on the /r/Globaloffensive subreddit, knows that JoshOG, a popular twitch streamer, is also part owner of CSGO Lotto. In the document of the owners of the site that was shown in the H3H3 video his name is at the bottom, Josh Beaver.
07/08/2016 12:37 am
AnimeFanFTW
Goddamn. Hearing all this corruption in Youtube/Twitch is getting really worrying.

guestds
in basic NEVER trust the website that act like theyre CTV News until the person they hate on admits THEMSELF on their OWN channel they did this and speak like how they did in alot of previous videos

Here's the thing tho
Both Syndicate and Tmartn2 have publicly announced, on Youtube and Twitter, that what they did was wrong.
07/07/2016 10:45 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Tmartn2 and Syndicate got pulled in the valve lawsuit.
07/07/2016 9:35 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
It isn't Valve's fault.. Whoever's suing them is gonna lose xD
07/07/2016 9:37 pm
AnimeFanFTW
It is Value's fault for letting these betting sites to grow to the popularity it grew to. Having a game associated with underage gambling is not an image you want for a game company.
07/08/2016 2:31 pm
Civeberg
Yes, they shouldn't have let them grow, but they can't sue them for something they didn't do. It's not illegal to have slow moderation
07/09/2016 12:58 am
AnimeFanFTW
Valve didn't have ANY moderation. Valve knew of these sites and their infamous underage gambling, and did nothing about it.
07/09/2016 12:28 pm
Civeberg
That's still not any proof that they broke a law, I'm not saying what they did was right, but they didn't break any law. NOT doing something can't be used as evidence in court, there's no law saying you have to have moderation, and if there was, they probably took down at least one site which completely ruins that argument
07/07/2016 8:56 pm
Konrad
Syndicate isn't that involved It's mostly Tmartn2. I think syndicate apologized and didn't say to go onto this website and trade and stuff like that. Didn't Tmartn2 do that?
07/07/2016 9:12 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Tmartn2 posted an apology video, then took that video down hours later. And Syndicate is involved just as much as Tmartn: both lied to their fanbase, and both scammed people out of their CSGO skins
07/07/2016 9:25 pm
Konrad
Tmartn2 didn't even mention an apology in his video. But, i hear most of the rage at Tmartn2 not Syndicate.
07/07/2016 9:36 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I have seen a ton of the hate being on Tmartn2, since his apology video was nothing more than "Sorry I didn't make my points clearer for you", and the fact he disabled comments and the like bars on lots of his videos, unlike Syndicate, who has actually been responding to the criticism professionally. I'm almost inclined to kinda forgive him, but he still scammed people...
07/07/2016 8:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
MagicalMinerr
Why would you post something that is totally not minecraft related on a minecraft related website.......... anyways they're most likely going to have to return the money to every player that deposited on the site, which would put them in the negative. Its rip rip, and my deposits are pretty high on lotto so im a bit hyped
07/07/2016 8:50 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I say this, because it's gaming news, and a ton of people on this site will most probably use Steam. And also because there is a "General Discussions" forum page for a reason.

And I highly doubt all the money from all the scammed people will return, since thousands upon thousands of people use those sites.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome