Stop HATING Animes!

hotguysixpack's Avatar hotguysixpack9/12/13 6:36 pm
9/12/2013 9:44 pm
hotguysixpack's Avatar hotguysixpack
I'm sorry for being unclear, I MEAN PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN ANY ANIME AT ALL.

This was once a comment I said:

I don't see why people don't like anime. They think it's too weird or sorts, but they just are so dumb. I mean literally, you need to find the right ones. Breaking Bad, an example of a popular show, and it's bloody, and inappropriate for children, yet they still watch it. People need to learn not all anime are alike, not saying this to you, but in general.

Attack on Titan is one of the best shows ever. Better than a lot of american shows I say, anime has a whole new point of view first-time haters believe. They haven't watched one anime, other than Dragonball Z, which they loved, but they think other ones are weird. I mean some people in our society judge the stupid animes, and don't look at the ones which top any show they've watched in the past two years. People need to understand that just because its from a foreign country, that it isn't weird. We are all humans. We have hearts, and brains, why do they believe someone from across the globe is a perverted, weird, and no-life asian. Haters need to understand that they are hating their own kind. I have no respect for those. I don't mean this to you, but to people who haven't seen even an episode, and decide that it is idiotic to watch this.

Before you hate, watch a good anime. Not some weird one, start small, then grow up. Anime is the best genre of a show in my opinion ever. You need to understand that just because they have WAY better eyes than normal cartoons, that it isn't weird.

Stop The Hate.
hotguysixpack
Level 56 : Grandmaster Answer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/12/2013 9:02 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
Zoundrev
There are those anime's out there, that you will simply never forget, how about AngelBeats of all anime's that one touched me the most and its a classic. And one of shorter ones I have watched recently. Most people I have talked to have no idea what that show is even tough its so short. Its a great season and worth watching. But that agrees with the point that a lot of main stream stuff blocks out the really good shows ones I actually worth watching.
09/12/2013 9:44 pm
hotguysixpack
My point exactly. They believe that Pokemon, or Digimon is what anime is all about. Since it was mainstreamed in the 2000's. But new anime are so much better, Attack On Titan is truly one of the best anime I've seen in forever. AngelBeats was amazing as well, but I don't know if anyone will see past the years of Dragonball Z, or Naruto. Although Naruto is still epic, with Bleach etc, there is so much we have yet to seen.
09/12/2013 8:55 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Most people who say they don't like anime are drawing their opinion from some of the more famous and popular animes which usually aren't too good and are often pretty terrible when you get right down to it. Lower quality things like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Saylor Moon, and pretty much any of Shonen Jump's mascot shows can easily fall into this category (Yes I said it. Bring on the angry fanboys if any happen to find their way to this thread)
All people new to the genre see from these kinds of shows is:
  • Obnoxious screaming and sounds
  • (we all know those horrible "I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU!! HEEEYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!" moments, and all the grunting noises they make when something bad or unexpected happens)
  • Cliche/overused/generic values that bore the crap out of everyone
  • (things like "It's gotta come from your heart =D =D or "Just believe in your friends or yourself or whatever and you can accomplish anything!" or "You've got to give it your all!" etc)
  • Reoccurring themes unique to anime that appear overused to the extreme and which seem strange and unusual to people not familiar with them
  • (giant fighting robots, ninja/samurai/warrior with some magical power or ability, skimpy dressed cartoon women in school uniforms/harem, etc)
  • Shows that manage to take what should be 10 minute scenes and stretch them out 10 episodes
  • (basically any generic fighting anime)
  • Overly energetic/dramatic voice actors, scripts, and characters that just make you want to slap them and tell them to talk like a normal person
  • Stories that never seem to develop and pretty much just repeat the same thing over and over again
  • (Inuyasha for example: it falls into a loop where [and this is pretty much the entire show summed up into a point list] 1. they find a village where either everyone's dead or there's a friendly demon living there being discriminated by the villagers who all just happen to have some enormous hatred for all demons including him. 2. The group starts helping which leads to some drama fight between the main characters, usually Kagome and Inuyasha. 3. Either Naraku shows up and just happens to be behind the entire thing...again...or an evil demon tribe of some animal-human hybrids shows up wanting a piece of the Sacred Jewel. 4. Kagome gets kidnapped again by one of the two from step three. 5. Inuyasha's reckless, stubborn personality gets in the way of rescuing Kagome somehow. 6. They rescue Kagome. 7. They kill the demon tribe or scare away Naraku on the freaky lady's giant flying feather thing right before they kill him. 8. Kagome goes back to the modern world. 9. Inuyasha goes to the modern world too and gets her to come back. 10. Now that the group's back together again, it's time to set out wandering aimlessly looking for pieces of the Sacred Jewel. 11. Return to step one)
  • Stories that never seem to want to end
  • (how many episodes did the Dragon Ball franchise produce again? Oh yes over 600 full length episodes and like 18 movies)

those shows i mentioned above and many other "classics" have these qualities quite frequently and since those seem to be what people see the most, that's what people think the entire anime genre must be.
It's sad really because there are some pretty amazing animes out there that would become instant mainstream favorites if people just knew they existed
But society just doesn't seem to want to accept anything cartoon related as capable of being serious or quality works
Plus the fact that most good animes aren't readily available to everyone complicates the spread of its popularity. If people have to go searching for a title they've only heard of on a bunch of random sites across the internet to find the good ones, they're probably going to just close the laptop and turn on the tv instead
09/12/2013 7:32 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Refined_Malachite
To each his own.
If they don't like it, fine.
If they do like it, fine.
I happen to love it, not all anime, but lots.
I understand how it's weird or whatever.
Truthfully I hated it until I watched Steins;gate.
It's fine for people to dislike something, but when people blindly state their dislike for something without any kind of proof, or reasons like: I don't like it, or: Just cause. Or: It's stupid.
That bothers me.
If you don't like it, just say you don't like it, do your best to explain it, then move on.
Get over it, if somebody disagrees with you, you're not obligated to argue, or to convince them otherwise.
They can have their opinions, and you can have yours.
End.
09/12/2013 7:49 pm
hotguysixpack
I should have made it more clear, to people who haven't seen anime at all.
09/12/2013 8:23 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Refined_Malachite
I shoulda been more clear too, I shoulda also included saying that they hate it or think it's stupid without really watching any of it, or watching it ever. :L
09/12/2013 8:00 pm
Level 21 : Expert Skinner
Quoten
This is what bugs me. People who I usually talk to who never watched anime say it sucks. Most of the time, I get responses like, "Ew, everyone look's so girly." And some people tell me they're not into fighting shows, because when they hear anime all they think of is DBZ and Naruto. I can't really blame them for that, though.
09/12/2013 7:10 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
BronzeOwl
Thank you.
I wasn't trying to hate, though.
09/12/2013 7:01 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere

Also bronze owl is right.
09/12/2013 6:56 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
BronzeOwl
They think it's too weird or sorts, but they just are so dumb.

I don't think you should be calling people dumb for having opinions.

I mean literally, you need to find the right ones. Breaking Bad, an example of a popular show, and it's bloody, and inappropriate for children, yet they still watch it. People need to learn not all anime are alike, not saying this to you, but in general.

What if someone has seen ten different animes and they are all weird? What if most of the animes he/she sees he/she doesn't like? What if someone has seen animes that are loved by many and animes that most people don't like, and still doesn't like animes? Is he/she allowed to have his/her own opinion?

I mean some people in our society judge the stupid animes, and don't look at the ones which top any show they've watched in the past two years.

Again, what if someone can't find animes that are good? Is it necessary to say that he/she is dumb because he/she cannot find any good animes?

People need to understand that just because its from a foreign country, that it isn't weird. We are all humans. We have hearts, and brains, why do they believe someone from across the globe is a perverted, weird, and no-life asian.

I have yet to meet anyone that thinks that.

Haters need to understand that they are hating their own kind. I have no respect for those.

I agree with you here.

Before you hate, watch a good anime. Not some weird one, start small, then grow up. Anime is the best genre of a show in my opinion ever. You need to understand that just because they have WAY better eyes than normal cartoons, that it isn't weird.

It might be weird to them and they might prefer their cartoons. What if someone who loved cartoons were to say that you aren't allowed to watch/like animes and that you must love their cartoons or else you'd be considered a hater?

I don't watch animes very much. The only one I've seen is Fullmetal Alchemist, and I like it.
09/12/2013 7:48 pm
hotguysixpack
I said the things I said to the people who haven't actually seen anime. I believe you shouldn't be able to give an opinion to something you haven't even seen.
09/12/2013 6:50 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
Although I don't watch Anime, I agree. Although, my hate for Sonic X will remain steady.
09/12/2013 6:53 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Coffee_Brew
I dare you to say that to the people of deviantart. Lol.
09/12/2013 6:48 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Coffee_Brew
[yt]VW_yVHixevo[/yt]

Replace "Wii U" with "anime" and sammy will pretty much sum it up.
09/12/2013 6:47 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
I don't like anime.
09/12/2013 6:41 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere
being a popular anime skinner myself you just have to get used to it. people are entitled to their opinions and you need to respect that i get about 3 hate mails a week saying how stupid hetalia is and i ignore it . You can always report the comment and or delete it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome