Superhero Battle: Deadpool vs. Wolverine

Knightsundere's Avatar Knightsundere7/4/14 7:59 pm
1 emeralds 728 5
7/5/2014 5:02 pm
Knightsundere's Avatar Knightsundere
Eh, I got bored and -ATOM-'s(http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/-atom-/) Wolverine skin gave me an idea as to what to do. I've seen a few vs. battles on Youtube and such, but none of them gave me the factors I was looking for.

So, I thought I'd do a little research myself and pit the regeneration kings of superheroes against each other.

Wolverine:
Click to reveal

An involuntary soldier imbued with a regeneration power and an indestructible adamantium skeleton, Wolverine (James [Logan] Howlett) has increased senses, bone claws that stick out from his hands, a regeneration ability that can grow an arm back in under an hour. He can grow back any part of his body as long as it is still connected to his head; meaning that his arm can be regenerated if it is lost as the long as the brain still functions and tell it to do so. He also has enhanced physical strength, endurance, and slightly enhanced speed, making for a well-rounded wrecking ball. However, due to his mental scarring from the X program, Wolverine when angered is extremely reckless and can lose control of himself easily.

Originally born as a mutant and then physically enhanced by the Weapon X program, Wolverine was left in the middle of Canada, where he slowly nurtured himself back to sanity. Joining the X-Men after a few encounters, he is now the backbone of the team and provides a solid teammate and a friend to most.

Deadpool:
Click to reveal

Also of the Weapon X program, Deadpool, also known as Wade Wilson, is a mercenary with a regeneration ability more than triple that of Wolverine's. In multiple comics he has had his head separated from his body and he grew it back, either by attaching the old head again or growing an entirely new one. Possessing a huge range of combat skills, a massive armory on his person, and an infinite amount of bullets (a magic satchel helps greatly), he is fast, quirky, psychotic, and nearly impossible to predict. He has a large amount of mental instability, although controls it with a bit of crude humor and a large ego.

Originally portrayed as a villian, he has slowly worked himself to become an anti-hero; although he works off of either his own whims or the whims of his employer, he still has a good sense of what is and isn't morally right.

The Battle:
Since both of these heroes rarely go into a fight with any preparation beyond putting on shoes, preliminary events shouldn't be counted.

Flat surface, indoors with a good amount of lighting. No extra factors beyond the heroes themselves.

Wolverine never carries a secondary weapon, and Deadpool is best known for having two pistols and two katana's on his back. Start at opposite ends of le room.

Walking towards each other, Deadpool takes a quick verbal snap at Wolverine which he easily shakes off. Bringing out both of his pistols and taking a few shots, Deadpool casts them aside when he realizes Wolverine has the same healing abilities, as the bullet holes shrink up within about 10 seconds, although the bullet is left inside. Now within fistfight range, each stands ready for a few moments. Deadpool takes the first swing, and the fight begins. Although Wolverine has an advantage in physical strength, mind that he does not yet have his claws deployed. Deadpool's faster regeneration and better martial arts skill means he can dodge most attacks and then regenerate the ones he does take rather quickly. It's a stalemate at this point and both realize it. Taking out the katana's, Deadpool steps back for a few seconds, and then mocks Wolverine for being so slow. Wolverine grunts a bit, and then unsheathes his claws, knowing his arms can regenerate, but not very well if they've been entirely sliced off. With another few seconds, the battle begins again. The dense bone claws cut straight through the swords, and Deadpool backs up to reconsider his opponents strength. Wolverine questions Deadpool's desires, only to receive the answer "I'm a real fan and wanted to meet the Wolverine in person." Wolverine grunts at this a bit louder, and he is visibly starting to get angry with his lazy opponent. He jumps back into the fight, surprising Deadpool a bit. Deadpool snaps and starts directly insulting Logan's past and the horrible things he did; after a few sentences, Logan breaks into a full rage, tearing away at Deadpool. Slicing away his arms, legs, and ripping his chest to pieces, Wolverine stops himself and regains control. Looking down at the mutilated body of his opponent, he walks out of the warehouse.

"And the winner is!..."

"Deadpool!" Wade says as he stands back up, having fully regenerated due to being in close proximity with the rest of his body. Physically wrenching his limbs back into place, Deadpool picks up the broken katana's and runs straight for Logan. Surprised by the speed of his regeneration, Wolverine is caught off-guard and is beaten back. This time dodging the claw slashes and focusing on Wolverine's neck, Deadpool manages to severe it from Logan's body by cutting around the adamantium spine, leaving the body without a guide and impossible to regenerate. Logan's head remains grunting on the ground, still alive. Deadpool mocks him one more time before leaving the warehouse. Although Wolverine may be able to regenerate his entire body, it will take hours at least, in which time Deadpool could return with a bucket of acid and keep the powers under control.

The winner is: Deadpool

Have an argument? Leave a post below! Heck, you can even vote in the poll above and we'll see who thought this battle was done fairly.
Knightsundere
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg