TERRARIA

john1230's Avatar john12305/29/11 1:40 pm
1 emeralds 233 5
6/24/2011 1:13 am
Zaralith's Avatar Zaralith
I'm thinking that terarria is a good game if anybody tried it tell me if it's good
john1230
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/24/2011 1:13 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
The items that you mentioned are definitely important differences. One thing about the complexity of minecraft is that not only is the world 3d, it is randomly generated, while the Terraria maps are generated at the beginning with one of the 3 given sizes. The crafting is different since you can make something with 35 bars in Terraria that would be impossible in Minecraft since Terraria recipes are more simple in that they are simply a 'do you have this on you' type thing, while Minecraft requires patterns to build with, bringing a different aspect to that building. Terraria is much more a survival RPG game, while Minecraft is much more a creative game (though I would have to say that my Terraria house is pretty awesome).
06/10/2011 10:22 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Keonyn
It is a fun game, and Zaraliths description is pretty accurate. It's like a 2D Minecraft except with a much stronger focus on the survival aspect and more diversity.

In my mind Terraria has a lot of things that Minecraft needs but lacks, but Minecraft has a lot of things Terraria needs but lacks. If you combined the two you'd probably get the perfect sandbox game. Terraria has greater diversity in craftables while one of Minecrafts most limiting factors (in my eyes) is a lack of craftables and base building materials. Terraria also has a much more robust survival element with more mobs and the bosses and invasions and all of that. Minecrafts braindead mobs and property destroying Creepers don't even compare at this point.

Minecraft does have that one important feature that Terraria doesn't, which does make a huge difference; and that is that Minecraft is 3D. In the end that is huge since there's just so much more you can do in a 3D environment in a sandbox game than in a 2D one. When all is said and done I still prefer Minecraft pretty much due to this alone; I just don't get the same freedome in Terraria. Still, Terraria is a great game that is easily worth the little money it costs you.
06/10/2011 7:39 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
My personal description would be if Minecraft and Castlevania had a baby, and that seems to be a similar sentiment to what the game blogs are having as well. It is a very good game so far, though I am not sure how the latest stages of it are. It is also fun to play multiplayer and I will probably start hosting a server for friends when I upgrade my computer. It will probably not be publicly listed though.
05/29/2011 2:32 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Jackie1st
really good game i bought it about a week ago i think its
really
05/29/2011 1:46 pm
Level 45 : Master Architect
DigitalFlame
I just bought it (about 10hours ago) and its a good game.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome