TF2 PMC Exhibition Match!

brandman's Avatar brandman1/25/12 9:17 pm
1 emeralds 2.8k 200
7/3/2012 11:24 pm
rockstar2k's Avatar rockstar2k
Well I just now saw the celebrity mix up TF2 game with Notch, Honeydew, and Xephos, and it really made me want to play a more competition based game of TF2, and what better way than with you guys? Apparently I'm not the only one deeply in love with this game, so why not a "PMC Celebrity Mix up" of our very own?

Here's how it would work, basically some of the more prominent forum users would enlist on a certain team, get a camera crew/announcers, our own server, pick a gamemode, pick a map, pick a date, and play. I think to play you would need roughly 500+ posts and to be popular I guess. We also need at least an 20 slot server. Anyone have experience in TF2 match up announcing?

There are some current hurdles this would face (the biggest being an 20 slot server), but I think it would be fairly interesting, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This is possible guys, we just have to commit ourselves to it.

Now let me get ahead of my self here.

Teams: Do realize that teams are merely for separation purposes and to keep track of different classes. Players will be scrambled evenly before we start. Also realize that even if the class you wanted to play as has already been taken up, you can apply for being second string (back up), because chances are not every one listed on a team will actually show up. Also if someone more popular wants a certain class that is filled, the least popular most likely will get booted down. Sorry but this is technically a celebrity match. Not to say they will show up, like I've said. Also no specific loadout is required to be stated, and you can change your loadout anytime during the game.

RED__________________________________BLU
Scout: sackboy198_____________________Scout: brandman
Spy: Saltash____________________________Spy: Deth_Glitch
Engineer: pokemonboy100____________Engineer: Dimitri2012
Soldier: sk8rninja991__________________Soldier: Lord_Morgo
Heavy: sed11_________________________Heavy: iHazRabiez
Pyro: Zeranny_________________________Pyro: SoulStealer
Sniper: epic2________________________Sniper: RETPRIVAT
Demoman: charzhoopz______________Demoman: Roxthesox
Medic: RedParadoxin___________________Medic: Po1ntBlank

Back up:

RED__________________________________BLU
Scout:_______________________________Scout: JJDawg
Spy: PrinterPlayer_______________________Spy: iiAmLegendx
Engineer:__________________________Engineer:
Soldier: RedishTiger___________________Soldier: 94sFinest
Heavy:______________________________Heavy: Nymus
Pyro:________________________________Pyro: Ploopyandproud
Sniper:_____________________________Sniper:
Demoman:_______________________Demoman:
Medic: LAUAR________________________Medic: thezxcvballs

Third String: In case we get more players for a class(es) than there are room. Chances you'll play are more slim, but you never know.

Soldier: Reize
Medic: Klassic_Kombat

Server host(s): Me, but would love for someone to replace me or if we have different timezone matches. If you do host you get a free spot in the game. *wink* *wink* Server will need to be at least 20 slot (18 players, 2 spectators [announcers])

Announcers: Do you think you can announce a fast paced, amazing game played by your fellow community members? Apply! You won't be able to play, but see the whole scope of the action LIVE with spectator mode. When game time actually comes, we will need at least 1 recorder, but both announcers recording for the best angles during different scenes or in case one's program breaks down it would happen to fall on the others to record. Basically make sure you can announce, realize you're in spectator mode, and to be ready to film.

Gamemode: Don't know, YOU decide! If we can come to a consensus of a game mode, we shall use it. We'll be playing two different game modes, so pick 'em out! Every user gets 2 votes, even if your not playing (after all you will be watching).

Current Tally

Control Point:__________CTF:___________Payload:
2_____________________2_____________2

Map: Must know the game mode first, then we will move on to this. Suggested- 2fort, Highlanders. We will use the Mario Kart map as an after party map.

Time(s): Now that we have a good number of people, I will need to start requesting your time zone, as well as what time you can play on that time zone. If you don’t tell me there’s no way we can know when to play and if you can play. An easy way to check your time zone is to go here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/), type in your city name (if it doesn't show up possibly, try a bigger, better known town in your vicinity), scroll down to the section titled UTC/GMT Offset, the last part of that section will be called Time zone abbreviation, look at what the abbreviation is and you have your time zone.

EST:
brandman (2:30PM-4:00PM weekdays, flexible schedule on weekends)

CT:
sed11
RedishTiger

MT:
iHazRabiez (5:00AM-7:00AM and 4:30PM-11:00PM weekdays, all day weekends unless stated otherwise)

PST:
Saltash
sackboy198

GMT:
RedParadoxin
epic2

UTC/GMT:
SoulStealer
RETPRIVAT

Steam Names:
brandman - [PMC] brandman
epic2 - epic212
charzhoopz - Charz
iHazRabiez - [PMC] iHazRabiez
Saltash - Saltash206
Zeranny - Remustard
RedParadoxin - RedParadoxin
SoulStealer: [PMC]xSoul
sed11 - Cjw121
thezxcvballs - thezxcvballs
RETPRIVAT - [PMC] RETPRIVAT
sackboy198 - [PMC] Revolver Oshawott
Roxthesox - [PMC] Roxthesox

Theme Song: Here you can vote for the theme song! Choose which song and that is what we will play in the intro of the video! 1 vote per person. No requesting songs to become the theme song.

The songs.

Here are some siggies! Copy the code and paste it into your signature to support the Exhibition! If you would like to make your own feel free to do so! You will be compensated in TF2 items!

Mine:
Preview:

This is what you copy here:
[url=http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/tf2-pmc-exhibition-match-t43825.html][img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd235/brandman1996/pmctf2exhibitonsig.png[/img][/url]

epic2's:

[url=http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/tf2-pmc-exhibition-match-t43825.html][img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg706/scaled.php?server=706&filename=exibitonmatchsig1.png&res=medium[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/tf2-pmc-exhibition-match-t43825.html][img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7223/exibitionmatchsig2.png[/img][/url]

iHazRabiez's:

[url=http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/tf2-pmc-exhibition-match-t43825.html][img]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk20/dagon871/PMC_Exhibition_TF2_Number1.png[/img][/url]

iHazRabiez has a special with his signature.

iHazRabiezSorry for double post but...
If everyone were to take a screenie of their character on TF2 (i.e. Class for exhibition, Team, etc.) I could make them a custom siggie for the exhibition.

So, how 'bout it? Ready for some E-Sport action?
brandman
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/03/2012 11:24 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
rockstar2k
NOT DEAD! mehehe trolololo i had to
06/10/2012 5:55 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
PrinterPlayer
I vote Raise Your Weapon for the song, my Steam name is ƒαηαтιχA | PrinterPlayer [UK]
(Fanatix is my Steam clan). Also I vote Payload for the map, and seeing as it's taken so long, I suppose I'll just stay as Spy.
04/14/2012 10:51 am
Level 27 : Expert Toast
epic2
K
04/14/2012 8:20 pm
brandman
Yepper pepper. Maybe in a few weeks idk.
04/03/2012 4:08 pm
brandman
Maybe by the summer or even sooner I can start it up again, this time way more organized. I'm pretty sure the first post confused a lot of people as time went on.
04/03/2012 11:36 am
Level 38 : Artisan Scribe
bnrdhdu
Sorta late innit?
04/03/2012 4:55 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
PrinterPlayer
I was wondering... Is it possible to change from Spy to Engineer?
03/19/2012 4:08 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Scribe
bnrdhdu
RIP. Team Fortress 2 PMC Celebrity Match. It will be missed. *Starts shoveling dirt into the grave*
03/21/2012 12:43 pm
epic2
Orly?
03/18/2012 5:46 am
epic2
Wait, NOT DEAD! Though it'sgoing that way, but with the time zones, languages and stuff, we kinda need to be organise this better. I think we need to choose a Time, date and maps already. I'm busy around easter though, as I'm going to fly to Arizona (First time seeing america IRL ) So maybe two weekends after easter?
-DeskRaven
03/08/2012 8:44 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
JustaFleshWound
C'mon Brandman, this dies without you.
03/16/2012 6:40 pm
brandman
Urgh, it looks it may have died guys. I am unable to play TF2 right now. Maybe in the future, but now. This thread needs a revamp anyways. So consider it dead I guess, with a revamp planned.
03/06/2012 3:14 pm
Level 45 : Master Pirate
PlankGang
We should use some Avenged Sevenfold!
Plus, when is the battle?
03/06/2012 3:16 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Animatrix
A7X?

Too light for TF, you need Pantera for that.
03/06/2012 3:21 pm
PlankGang
Not if you do Critical Acclaim or Bat Country, both by Avenged Sevenfold, they're kinda TF2-ish!
But, we could use The Pretender - Foo Fighters
03/06/2012 3:11 pm
Level 25 : Expert Blockhead
RETPRIVAT
I definitely think we should use the Deadmau5 song
03/01/2012 2:16 pm
epic2
Guys, I would join you on that Saxxy Battle , but I'm grounded today (I'm doing homework ATM).
(I will be free to play games tomorrow)
02/29/2012 3:52 am
Level 28 : Expert Princess
sackboy198
my vote for theme song (minor nsfw)

02/28/2012 8:49 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Loremaster
Poke
What kind of server are we doing again?
03/02/2012 12:31 am
JustaFleshWound
It will be highlander, which is the standard competitive matchup in TF2.

Click to reveal
Highlander mode restricts the number of players of each team to 9 players and only allows one player per class on each team. It is applicable to any game mode and can be activated by entering mp_highlander 1 into the console.
-From the TF2 Wiki.

At least, that is what I assume.
02/28/2012 8:33 pm
JustaFleshWound
I use Fraps to record voice and video, but if you prefer, I can use something silly like Mumble or something to record my voice separately. To edit..I use..WMM. Nhga. Embarrassing right? I want to use Premiere, but my computer is only 32-bit, and I can only find a 64 bit edition. I hope to get a laptop sometime in june, but until then...

And sorry it took 3 days to post this, but as I said, i am not too active atm.
02/26/2012 10:13 am
Level 35 : Artisan Loremaster
Poke
Anyone wanna play a Saxton Hale server? It's basically a whole team of RED/BLU vs Saxton who usually has like 10000+ HP. Here's an IP:

Click to reveal
64.94.100.79:27015
02/26/2012 10:30 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
RedParadoxin
Sure, add me on Steam.
02/26/2012 10:18 am
brandman
I think everyone knows what a saxton hale server is. I go to one that is pretty good. I'll play with you next time we're on.
02/26/2012 5:47 am
RedParadoxin
RoxthesoxOwls by a long shot. Nah, Tf2 for PC has and always will be superior.

Hey Roxthesox what is your Steam name?
02/26/2012 3:03 am
epic2
Gonna Play TF2 now. But first, a poll:

Which is better?

A) TF2 for Xbox?
B) TF2 for PC?
C) Owls?
Vote Pl0x!
02/26/2012 10:07 am
brandman
What a dumb question. Obviously owls. lol
02/25/2012 2:42 pm
brandman
sackboy198Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -8 hours
No daylight saving time at the moment
Time zone abbreviation: PST - Pacific Standard Time

my time zone and my steam is in my siggy

Mkay.
02/25/2012 2:39 pm
sackboy198
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -8 hours
No daylight saving time at the moment
Time zone abbreviation: PST - Pacific Standard Time

my time zone, and my steam is in my siggy
02/24/2012 10:49 pm
brandman
MAJOR UPDATE TIME!!!!!

SoulStealerMy timezone :

Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +9:30 hours
Daylight saving time: +1 hour
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +10:30 hours

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=5

Thanks for editing my post xD

SoulStealer-youtube raise your weapon snip snip snipetty snip-

^^ I vote that as our theme.

Nice choice.

pokemonboy100I vote this:

-youtube tf2 sandvich fus ro dah stuffz you snipper boi and i mean snipper not sniper like the tf2 class trololol anywholio snip-

And the other one, I'm not sure it's allowed because it has a bit of swearing in it.
So I won't put a link. Just go to youtube and type 'The Team Fortress 2 Song!'

No longer accepting theme songs.

Knote7OMIGOSH, snipers make me ragequit! the same guy killed me like 9001 times yesterday!

I liek doing that to peeps. *trollface*

RoxthesoxI got fraps so I can record.

Full version.

Do you have a method to announce?

pokemonboy100*waits patiently for this to start*

*follows suit*

sackboy198so for prizes maybe each person must give me one scrap or 2 weapons and ill get the following for prizes:

winning team: a hat for there class (a really cheap one but a hat non the less)

top scorer on winning team: vintage equlizer name diamond pickaxe

losing team: leather boots (man treads)

losing team top scorer: iron boots (gun boats)

Well 'aint you just a lil' confeedint lil' puke?

xD

RedXMI'm happy to be any class. Just not spy. But other than that, if you need a backup or any player I am happy to play.

That's nice how you didn't read the thread...

JustaFleshWoundI feel this should actually get somewhere. This seems like a really good idea, and with the fact that you already have a server makes it even better.

Daw Thanks. :')

But really a TF2 server is nothing. Minecraft though is a beast to run a server.

JustaFleshWoundI would be willing to record/announce, in hopes that this will take a while to get set up. Not too active atm. I really hope this goes somewhere, and if need be, i can fill that soldier slot, although I would like to do what I previously said.

What program(s) do you use? If everything checks out than I'm glad to welcome you on board!

Lord_MorgoWhen is this anyway?

Read the thread.

BlockorzMeh.Guess I can't be considered popular.I would like to participate either way though.You may put me in as Pyro,Scout or Medic,no Team in particular

Anymore posts like this I'll just ignore.

NymusOh yay, I got kicked off of RED.

Thanks, sed.

THE 4/5th MOTHER F***ING PARAGRAPH IN THE MOTHER F***ING THREADTeams: Do realize that teams are merely for separation purposes and to keep track of different classes. Players will be scrambled evenly before we start. Also realize that even if the class you wanted to play as has already been taken up, you can apply for being second string (back up), because chances are not every one listed on a team will actually show up. Also if someone more popular wants a certain class that is filled, the least popular most likely will get booted down. Sorry but this is technically a celebrity match. Not to say they will show up, like I've said. Also no specific loadout is required to be stated, and you can change your loadout anytime during the game.

D***it.

sed11
NymusOh yay, I got kicked off of RED.

Thanks, sed.

Lawl.

Wow. That actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Well yeah the threads updated now, rejoice n junk.
02/24/2012 10:23 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragonborn
JJDawg
Cool i'll play
Team:BLU
Class:Scout
[i bet you wont pick me ]
02/24/2012 5:29 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
[PMC] Cjw12
02/23/2012 10:19 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
Nymus
Oh yay, I got kicked off of RED.

Thanks, sed.
02/24/2012 5:03 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
02/23/2012 10:16 pm
Level 21 : Expert Scribe
rockstar2k
Could I be a Red Medic
or a backup scout, sniper, or demoman?
02/23/2012 2:47 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Mr_Glitch
I know I'm not that big at all, but if anything clears up, I would love to be a BLU Demoman..

But if I don't fit the ticket or it's too full, that's okay, just be sure to PM me if anything comes up, ;D
02/23/2012 2:37 am
Level 23 : Expert Archer
Saltash
D: This has gone so long without being updated. But fear not, I got an update from the steam group, stating that this exhibition will continue.
02/23/2012 2:04 am
Level 29 : Expert Blockhead
Blockorz
Meh.Guess I can't be considered popular.I would like to participate either way though.You may put me in as Pyro,Scout or Medic,no Team in particular
02/22/2012 3:19 pm
epic2
HAS to be on a saturday for me, as I got school, and... BUSYNESS on sundays. Oh, and as I'm sniper, I won't be able to use my LVL 84 Backbiters Billycock, but I will be using my NEW ghastly gibbus, that rox gave me by letting me dominate him.
02/21/2012 9:25 pm
brandman
Oh my, this is soooo out of date. I promise I will update... eventually. Skyrim has taken hold of my life for a bit, sorry guys. Going to update though (hopefully) soon.
02/21/2012 9:27 pm
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
iHazRabiez
It better be before March 6.
Or I won't be available.
Ahhhh.... Mass Effect 3....
02/21/2012 9:32 pm
brandman
Lol ikr? I'll try.
02/21/2012 12:16 pm
Level 25 : Expert Blockhead
RETPRIVAT
Steam name: [PMC] RETPRIVAT (I'm not on the list :3)

Timezone: UTC/GMT +1 hour

I'm really looking forward to this.
02/21/2012 11:41 am
PlankGang
When is this anyway?
02/21/2012 11:23 am
RedParadoxin
Can I be RED Medic?
02/15/2012 10:03 pm
JustaFleshWound
I feel this should actually get somewhere. This seems like a really good idea, and with the fact that you already have a server makes it even better.

I would be willing to record/announce, in hopes that this will take a while to get set up. Not too active atm. I really hope this goes somewhere, and if need be, i can fill that soldier slot, although I would like to do what I previously said.

...yeah...free bump for you.
02/14/2012 5:57 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Lumberjack
RedXM
I'm happy to be any class. Just not spy. But other than that, if you need a backup or any player I am happy to play.
02/13/2012 7:48 am
Level 22 : Expert Toast
LAUAR
Red medic!
02/11/2012 2:26 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blob
Nox Aeterna
Can I be the RED Soldier?
02/11/2012 2:21 pm
sackboy198
so for prizes maybe each person must give me one scrap or 2 weapons and ill get the following for prizes:

winning team: a hat for there class (a really cheap one but a hat non the less)

top scorer on winning team: vintage equlizer name diamond pickaxe

losing team: leather boots (man treads)

losing team top scorer: iron boots (gun boats)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome