The anti-everything?

Jewelman's Avatar Jewelman12/10/15 9:36 pm
1 emeralds 156 1
12/10/2015 9:54 pm
Knightsundere's Avatar Knightsundere
I was recently thinking about a DC Comics character called Bizarro who is a failed clone of Superman. He lives in an alternate dimension which is the total opposite of the normal continuity. For example, Earth is a cube, and instead of heat vision and freeze breath, Bizarro has freeze vision and heat breath.

But I thought, isn't the opposite of everything technically nothing? I mean, if you were going to take some random thing... for example, the colour red, then why isn't it's opposite something that isn't a colour, much less a thing? If you're going to have the total opposite of something that does exist, you might as well have nothing at all.

But there's a problem with that. If you were going to take the colour black, for example, then the opposite of that wouldn't exist. But then it would be impossible for it to be white, which is the opposite colour to black, but then it would exist and if it existed it wouldn't be the total opposite...

I can't wrap my head around this. I was wondering what you guys thought.
Jewelman
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter