The PMC contests are unfair!

rolex1's Avatar rolex112/13/13 5:01 pm
12/13/2013 6:10 pm
rolex1's Avatar rolex1
In my honest opinion I think the PMC contests are unfair, yes I know you may think differ but think about it, if you get most diamonds you will get the most popularity, yes, the person with the most diamonds may have a worthy enough skin to win but what about the underdogs who can't get lots of diamonds and who have actually good skins, think about that PMC community!

~ FlippFlopp
rolex1
Level 33 : Artisan Magical Boy

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/13/2013 5:53 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Necromancer
MusaTheLegend
If you post an awesomely awesome skin and you're level 1, you will get attention if YOU want attention. If you're not going to advertise it and let others know about it, it will NOT get popular. The famous people today who are winning these contests were all level 1 at one time. They all started somewhere. Upload good quality submissions, and then when the contest period comes, make an extra good skin. You don't just magically get into the finals and get attention.

I also highly agree with Hawkstormer. I hate how the finalists page (before placement) is ordered by submission date. Obviously the person who posts last will be first on the list, which then gives them a LOT more attention then the last person on the list. The order should be randomized.
12/13/2013 5:44 pm
rolex1
I see were you're coming from everyone but firstly: I don't care about winning secondly I see what you mean just there should be a more fairer way of seeing peoples skins.
12/13/2013 5:41 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Most of the winners recently have been users we've never heard of. I am glad to see them coming up in the list. Keep in mind that judges have to go over most of the skins, and their diamonds are worth a lot more than a regular user who may never have seen your skin.

Again, I point back to previous contests - one of them had a user that only had one submission (the skin he made) and he won first place with it. He was a brand new member that made an awesome skin.

-P
12/13/2013 5:29 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
I agree with the people above, but I must say, the fact that the final submission order never changes just gives more viewage (and possible diamonds) to the more recently released submissions. Maybe if the list was randomized every so often would each skin get about the same exposure to the public than being all hidden past the first couple of pages.
12/13/2013 5:36 pm
rolex1
That would make it fair for people good idea!
12/13/2013 5:16 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
I agree with this. I've never really entered a contest (with caring about wining, DO IT FOR THE FUN!!!), but whenever I see the winners, I notice that a lot of them are very popular (high levels and subs, or mods).
I also agree with the "underdogs". You could have created the most awesome skin known to man, but you wouldn't be noticed at all since you're a level 1.
12/13/2013 5:23 pm
rolex1
Exactly! I don't really care about winning just find it a bit unfair
12/13/2013 5:16 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
The only people I ever see complaining about the contests are people that aren't popular.

Get popular by making good, quality skins and then you may have a chance of winning.

However, remember kids, it's not about winning; it's all about taking part!
12/13/2013 5:51 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
sandman2155
the thing is that because we aren't poular we can't get others to teach us hoew to make good quality skins and stuff so we have to teach ourselves
12/13/2013 5:55 pm
MusaTheLegend
Well, you don't just become popular all of a sudden without doing anything. Experiment and take feedback. Ask some good skinners for some good feedback to help you improve. You don't teach your self since you can't teach yourself something you don't know. [i think]
12/13/2013 6:01 pm
rolex1
Half the time great/popular skinners don't reply to people asking for help.
12/13/2013 6:08 pm
MusaTheLegend
Then ask the other half.
12/13/2013 6:09 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Agreed.

Also, just because people are busy/popular and don't always get back to people's messages doesn't mean people get to make excuses about how the contests are unfair and it's everyone elses's fault that they can't win.
12/13/2013 5:38 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Poro
Svenskeren
This^
12/13/2013 5:41 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
^
12/13/2013 5:05 pm
MusaTheLegend
Good skin = diamonds

Most of the entries so far are terrible. hence why most of them have 1-3 diamonds.
Advertise your skin everyday for a while, and properly do stuff with it. Take feedback and that poop. The contests aren't perfect, but they aren't terrible. The skins are judged based on Originality, Technique, Execution, and some other things. You only need diamonds to get into the finalists, which isn't hard.
12/13/2013 5:10 pm
Level 42 : Master Batman
Patriots_Terran
That.
You might think people with reputation earn more diamond automatically, but in many ways diamonds are actually a MEASURE of their quality.
Also, I've just seen too many examples when someone post a submission, got 50+ diamonds, became too full of himself, and then his next submission gets like 10 diamonds or so.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome