Is the popular reel broken ?

noobeCraft's Avatar noobeCraft4/12/13 10:48 am
4/13/2013 6:09 am
noobeCraft's Avatar noobeCraft
Is the popular reel on pmc borken ? some projects have been there for a month now.
noobeCraft
Level 53 : Grandmaster Creeper Hugger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/12/2013 8:23 pm
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
TRNZ
I don't think its broken, but it could use a little tweeks.
04/12/2013 7:51 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
XxTacticalXx12
Yeah, its broken because their is submissions that get 43 diamonds when over 30 other people already made it.
04/12/2013 8:19 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Diamonds are not the only thing that makes a submission get on the reel. A submission must get a certain number of diamonds within a *specific amount of time* (usually around 2 days) to get on the reel. Additionally, other things like views, comments, etc also factor in. If a submission didn't get onto the reel it's not due to a glitch, it's because the submission didn't meet the requirements of the reel algorithm.

Additionally this thread will be locked if it's going to turn into 'WHY DIDN'T MY SUBMISSION GET ON THE REEL?!?!?' spam.
04/12/2013 7:49 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Each sub-section has a reel at the top; I don't know if it pulls directly from What's Hot (I don't think it does). The pop reel pulls from those sub-reels.

I will fwd the What's Hot thing to Cyprezz.

EDIT: All What's Hot stuff is within the few days, and it looks fine to me... you'll have to provide examples of where month-old stuff is shown.

-P
04/13/2013 6:09 am
noobeCraft
"A Lost Soul": Posted about a month ago (Its on the secont page now, but yesterday it was on the first)

"The Palace of Rosen {Angelblock app}{Download}": Posted 14 days ago (it only has 41 diamonds, 2,452 views, 719 dl and 7 favor)... ? I have seen a lot for project with more, that didn't make it to the "hot stuff".

These are only examples, and I don't mean that any of them are bad in any way.
04/12/2013 6:57 pm
noobeCraft
well, I mean "What's Hot". but that has nothing to do with the reel anymore then ? I remember that before, the top 8 projects on the "whats hot", where on the real.
04/12/2013 6:40 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
I think you're referring to the contest. Contests are fixed to the reel, yes.
We're working on the caching system and that might have caused other issues. I will look into it.

EDIT: I don't see anything on the reels that are older than like 3 days. Where are you seeing this?

-P
04/12/2013 6:35 pm
Level 49 : Master Architect
jdb98
If I remember correctly, project on the pop-reel are knocked off chronologically when a new project that has pop-reel requirements is created.
Im not sure about this but I think the front page pop-reel is also just a randomised mix from the different categories, that changes every half-hour or so.
Dont take my word for this though.
04/12/2013 6:26 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
ChrisL
I'm assuming you aren't mistaking the official PMC posts for projects. Being on the popular reel causes a greater number of viewers which causes projects to continue to be popular, but I don't think I've seen something stay on there an entire month.
04/12/2013 6:41 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
I'm guessing this is exactly what happened.

Official PMC things such as contests and blogs will automatically be pop-reeled for their duration. Our current building contest will be advertised on the reel until the contest is completed.
04/12/2013 11:22 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Submissions should never be on the reel for that long.
04/12/2013 6:13 pm
noobeCraft
I agree, this just makes the "big" builders more popular and new talents never get noticed.. Also, I don't see the point in having a project on the reel for that long, I want new content to look at. I made a project that had more diamonds, view, favorits then some of the projects on the reel, and still didn't made it to the front page.

I hope they change it..
04/12/2013 11:14 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Modder
ehdfawq3er
I don't think it's broken. Like big-splat said, it's probably a submission that is really popular and gaining alot of views & diamonds.
04/12/2013 11:09 am
Level 40 : Master Creeper Hugger
big-splat
No, some things just have a much longer popularity burst than others. Smaller members stuff might last a day or two before leaving the reel, but bigger members like Hypixel might last a few weeks
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome