This is peak stupidity

Stevolotl's Avatar Stevolotl7/1/22 9:22 am
7/23/2022 12:28 pm
Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum
have you noticed that in the new chat reporting system is an option for violence?
interesting because were talking about a game where its necessary to kill all kinds of monsters, and even encouraged by the games achievements. (suicide is also kind of encouraged because of the totem achievement where you have to kill yourself to activate the totem)
and also pvp is on by default. oh, and did I mention it is nowhere to be found in the game itself? you have to set it to false in your server menu, which is not the game itself. does this also mean that pvp servers are gonna be banned because they encourage violence towards other people? who the hell at microsoft woke up and thought "Yes, this is a good idea!"
I really hope this gets removed, because it has the potential to completely obliterate updates that will go after 1.19.1. oh and also, this is completely and utterly stupid in another way, and it is in that this banning system is only in-game, which means if you get banned in 1.19.1, you can just play on 1.19 like nothing happened. they would have to introduce this in the launcher itself. also i think a possibility to get banned from a game you paid for is just dumb, and im not talking about multiplayer bans. In bedrock, you can get banned from your singleplayer worlds on some platforms.
also i dont get the alcohol report selection. alcohol is completely legal, and unless used by an adult and in safe amounts, alcohol is completely fine. they dont specify what kind of speech about alcohol. are you telling me if i say "imma go drink some beer" i will get banned? what? yea sure if i say "kids you should drink beer until you pass away" then sure, that should be bannable. Theres also other things that are as stupid as this, but this is what I mainly wanted to talk about. also speaking about drugs is aparently a bannable offense, which I dont understand. once again, you need to specify. what if im talking about my experience with drugs and that its very bad? i mentioned drugs, will i get banned? and what if im talking about medical drugs, that i have to take for whatever reason. these things exist, and so do the conversations around them. microsoft was unironically the worst thing to happen to minecraft, and not just for these reports.

also i think minecraft as a game is going downhill, i feel like its kind of sad that the newest update has less and more disappointing features than 1.13, a four year old update. they also need to stop making updates nobody cares or asked about (wild update, buzzy bees, frostburn update) and need to focus on things like the end or combat. also, while ive not really seen anyone talk about this a whole lot, an optimization update would be great for players on potatoes like myself.

this took about i think 15 minutes to write so you better have read it all!! :D
Stevolotl
Level 33 : Artisan Steve