Vaccines

Thereal_Atlas's Avatar Thereal_Atlas5/16/19 1:30 am
8/8/2019 1:35 am
Energy Master's Avatar Energy Master
What is your guys stance on vaccines?
Thereal_Atlas
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/31/2019 12:25 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Waffle
polkadotstingray
The idea of a vaccine is tricking memory cells into learning about a small part of a big virus, that isn't big enough to do damage. These memory cells will gather intel about the viruses, so if it attacks again, bigger, The memory cells will produce antibodies specifically made to fight the virus efficiently.
05/31/2019 12:23 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Waffle
polkadotstingray
Your immune system is a complex army of billions of cells. Macrophage and Neutrophile (Soldiers), Dendritic cells (Intelligence), and B-cells. (Weapon factories) (the immune system is way, way more complicated than this.) everyday, you're attacked countless times, but your immune soldiers usually deal with that, so you don't even notice. If an infection becomes serious though, our intelligence cells gather intel about the attackers, and activate our weapon factories. Antibodies. They are targeted missiles produced specifically to combat the invader. Unfortunately, this process takes several days to complete. That gives intruders a lot of time to do damage. Our bodies really don't want to fight serious wars over and over, so our immune system came up with an ingenious way to get stronger and stronger over time. If we fight an enemy that is dangerous enough to trigger our heavy weapons, our immune system automatically creates memory cells. Memory cells remain in our body for years, in a deep sleep. They do nothing but remember. when an enemy attacks for a second time, they awaken. and order coordinated attacks and the production of antibodies. This is so effective, that many of the infections you beat once will never make you sick again. Vaccines are a way to trick our body into making more memory cells, and becoming immune to a disease. I hope this helped you understand better!
05/31/2019 8:58 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Kack101
Wiener
05/19/2019 7:29 am
Level 36 : Artisan Crafter
Reptile_
Pretty good, I mean they stop us dying.
ps (Why are we talking about vaccines on a minecraft forum page)
05/17/2019 8:24 pm
Level 27 : Expert Skinner
ImYourEnder
Vaccines should be required by law.
05/17/2019 7:55 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Artist
ebbony
06/08/2019 11:53 am
Level 38 : Artisan Mlem Mlem Bat
Remmicious
LMAO citing a YouTube video? Come on now.
05/16/2019 9:40 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
Vaccines should be a requirement. They don't cause autism, simple as that. CDC posted in 2015, "Vaccines Do Not Cause Autism" (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html) with the offical study on how Vaccines do not have a relation to Autism. It also addresses the mercury and thimerosal used in vaccines.

Vaccines are also one of the most regulated medications, if ones failing, outdated, or harmful, its detected very fast and fixed as soon as possible.

An issue would be allergies, but like someone before mentioned, if you eradicate the threat of a certain virus or bacteria the possibilities of it spreading and thus infecting are pretty low.
So...Yes, vaccines. If I can't have a peanut butter sandwich because a kid is allergic, their kid shouldn't be able to bring deadly diseases because I might die.
    05/16/2019 10:36 pm
    Level 25 : Expert Geek
    JurassicKaiju14
    Somebody give this guy a round of applause.
    05/17/2019 4:10 pm
    Level 31 : Artisan Professor
    EndPlayz
    *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*
    05/16/2019 10:08 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    Amazing Comment 10/10
    05/16/2019 4:11 pm
    Level 1 : New Explorer
    TekkStorm
    When I grow up, I won't vaccinate my child. I'll let the doctors do it. I don't have a licence for it or any experience with that.
    05/17/2019 4:08 pm
    EndPlayz
    *slow claps*
    True...

XD
    05/16/2019 6:03 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    Good choice ;)
    05/17/2019 5:35 am
    Level 1 : New Network
    ICreativeCrumYT
    05/16/2019 9:48 pmhistory
    Level 23 : Expert Procrastinator
    Energy Master
    My though: vaccines are good. Only idiots wouldn’t take them, they help us against viruses and stuff. Unfortunately there’s a couple of outbrakes that could be prevented by vaccines and the people are not getting them... this tells me a lot of people’s iq ;D
    05/16/2019 10:08 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    I agree
    05/16/2019 6:20 pm
    Level 6 : Apprentice Dragon
    Dragan
    Theres protection for all, take it.
    Autism is a mental disorder, and vaccines put in cut up, dead, or weak diseases into you, do you think that those can mess up your nerve cells? Think again.
    05/16/2019 6:22 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    HMMMMMMM
    05/16/2019 9:00 pm
    Level 1 : New Miner
    SpaceSoft
    They need to be mandatory unless you're immunocompromised and a real doctor proved it. (Real as in a doctor who's not anti-vax and can tell the symptoms correctly)
    05/17/2019 4:03 pm
    EndPlayz
    Exactly, people with autoimmune diseases, or certain cancers can't be vaccinated, but we can still protect them against those bad diseases (herd immunity). But someone else below this said that vaccines are just like any other treatment, well you can kill people if you don't take a vaccine, I don't think that is the case with an MRI...
    05/16/2019 9:02 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    I agree
    05/16/2019 8:46 pm
    Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
    TrustyMarlin63
    This is PLANET MINECRAFT. Nobody in this chat has factual answers.

If you want to know more about vaccines, ask your doctor or a biochemist.

Nobody takes in the facts. Listen to scientists, PLEASE!!!
    05/16/2019 9:45 pm
    Level 23 : Expert Procrastinator
    Energy Master
    Ermm, I once did a post on whether Boeing should give up on their 737 max.. it’s ok to do stuff other than Minecraft (gasps) in here
    05/16/2019 9:05 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    Your very idiotic dude you dont know anything about anyone on here im a biochemist so your wrong already please dont come on here acting like you know anything you can show your way out of this discussion.
    06/08/2019 11:54 am
    Level 38 : Artisan Mlem Mlem Bat
    Remmicious
    lolwat
    05/16/2019 10:32 pm
    Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
    TrustyMarlin63
    Ok...
    05/16/2019 8:20 am
    Level 75 : Legendary Sus
    Nitgo
    Vaccines = Good health
    05/16/2019 2:37 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    agreed
    05/16/2019 5:55 pm
    Level 87 : Elite Deity
    Captain_JEK
    Don't even get me started on this... xD
    05/16/2019 6:01 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    im turning the key its started bud.
    05/16/2019 6:07 pm
    Captain_JEK
    See, it's an argument as dumb as the one about whether earth actually is a sphere or flat...
    Of course, vaccines do help preventing diseases. I don't get what there is to argue about that.
    05/16/2019 6:25 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    who said arguing its called a discussion having more opens ideas and ideas are what make us grow as people.

also i agree with your stance a vaccines.
    05/16/2019 6:33 pm
    Captain_JEK
    Yes, I agree. Sorry, I don't know why but I simply assumed this was going to be an argument, too. Probably because this topic is so heated xD
    05/16/2019 6:35 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    this is a very heated topic i understand completely felt like a loaded question Lol have a great one bud.
    05/16/2019 3:33 pm
    EndPlayz
    Yes, vaccines have side effects that CAN kill, but if you have a look at the statistics (measles btw), about of 1m babies vaccinated, only like 18 get serious side effects, and it's not even sure if one of them dies from them. Now the numbers for no vaccination: like at least 10k babies die (I think) and at least half (probably more) will have a VERY bad time...

And that autism thing? 1 bad study said vaccines cause autism, and that has already been disproven MANY times.

Why not vaccinate, if you're not allergic. (another reason, herd immunity, some people can't be vaccinated cus medical reasons, and to protect them, (again, measles) 95% needs to be vaccinated)

So yes, vaccines are 100% a good thing
    05/16/2019 6:02 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    05/16/2019 3:36 pm
    EndPlayz
    Numbers from kurzgesagt's video that @luxluxdev posted
    05/16/2019 4:56 am
    Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
    HoboMaggot
    "bIg PhArMa WaNtS tO ruLE uSS!!!11!!"

Anti vaxxers be like.
    05/16/2019 2:41 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    XD died and yes they be like that
    05/16/2019 8:02 am
    Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
    s-sakura
    Anti-vaxxers be like
    Autism
    polio and other horrible diseases: done_outline
    Thereal_Atlas
    Lol So true
    05/16/2019 12:22 pm
    Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
    Jetra
    Have you ever gotten the flu without a shot? I have and let me tell you how much fun that is. Bed-ridden, unable to see straight, hoping to be put out of your misery, praying for any kind of relief?

Now take that, and multiply it by maybe ten for diseases that haven't been around in nearly half a centruy. Get your vaccinations and don't be stupid.
    05/16/2019 1:39 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    I agree pretty heavily jetra you should always get your shots.
    05/16/2019 6:59 am
    Level 33 : Artisan Architect
    thedutchlord
    Just get those vaccinations, don't risk bringing back the horrible Diseases that killed many people a long time ago, if more people are choosing to not get those vaccines those diseases will make a comeback.

Just don't risk it!
    05/16/2019 2:38 pm
    Thereal_Atlas
    yes please
    05/16/2019 10:43 am
    Level 21 : Expert Network
    WungaWunga
    Like all medical devices, vaccines have their benefits— as well as their risks. Despite the renowned apparent success of them, I don’t agree with forcing any kind of treatment on people, regardless of its supposed effectiveness. Here in the USA, “Land of the Free,” one would expect that we’re free to manage our health. (Indeed, questioning most health-related rights is nothing short of blasphemy. But I don’t need to name those here.) However, that’s clearly not the case with immunizations, where opting out simply isn’t an option.
    Another major fault I take with the industry is that, by law (in the US), the manufacturers of a given vaccine aren’t liable for any damages caused by their product, even if it’s proven that the treatment harmed a patient. Instead, taxes are collected from the general public to pay for those damages. That’s completely unacceptable. If a company is free to enjoy the fruits of its labor, why isn’t it free to be punished if proven guilty? It’s anti-free market, anti-freedom, and anti-American. Take away the government-backed monopoly, and then we can begin to discuss mandatory vaccination.
    Quick question: how much does a typical influenza shot cost?
    Thereal_Atlas
    you copied that from a website i wanted your own opinion and before you denie it the link is here:
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/02/is-health-care-a-right
    please give me your own written out by you thoughts like everyone else is saying "they is bad" is better then just coping someone else's work.
    05/18/2019 11:20 pm
    WungaWunga
    As promised, here are the facts. The data I'm citing are based on U.S. figures only because that's where I live and know most about. Without further ado:

- Passed in 1986, the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act "[p]rovides that no vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death" (U.S. Congress). Instead, it "[p]rovides that compensation awarded under the Program [National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program] shall be paid out of the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund . . . [l]imit[ing] awards . . . to $250,000" (U.S. Congress).
    - According to the Health Resources & Services Administration, from 2006-2017 the NVICP paid off
    individuals/families
    to settle cases involving immunizations (HRSA). That's an average of about 359 payouts a year, or about 1 every day!
    - Since the onset of the program, damages by immunizations have costed Americans over $4.1 billion dollars, and the yearly totals are only getting larger, with fiscal year 2017 the most expensive EVER recorded at $282 million dollars and a record-high 706 compensated cases (HRSA).
    - The CDC states that "[a]pproximately 30,000 VAERS [Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System]reports are filed each year," and of those, about 10-15% are classified as "serious, which means that the adverse event resulted in permanent disability, hospitalization, life-threatening illness, or death." So we're at about 3,000 to 4,500 alleged life-threatening situations a year suspected by vaccines. Does that sound unacceptable? I think so. But get this-- according to former commissioner of the FDA David A. Kessler, "[o]nly about 1% of serious events are reported to the FDA, according to one study" ("Introducing MEDWATCH"). If that study is ANYWHERE near close to the truth with VAERS-- let's say 5% are reported, or even 10%-- we're talking a minimum of 30,000 dangerous situations a year up to 300,000 life-threatening cases a year allegedly related to vaccines. And that, my friend, is why it's completely unacceptable to force this kind of product on anyone, regardless of its supposed effectiveness.
    Oversimplified Works Cited
    congress.gov/bill/99th-congress/house-bill/5546
    hsra.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/vaccine-compensation/data/monthly-stats-may-2019.pdf
    fda.gov/media/78526/download
    05/17/2019 11:35 pm
    WungaWunga
    I don’t see how that article relates to my post or the discussion in general. Its primary focus is on whether healthcare is a right, not if healthcare is a choice. Additionally, you completely ignore the objection I bring up and fail to answer my question. I still wait for a reasonable response to either of those, but I plan on uploading some official data on vaccines to support my point.
    05/16/2019 9:27 pmhistory
    Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
    Mishkia
    He might not reply but I am gonna. Where is what he copied? What paragraph? Copied his entire thing and it showed up nowhere in the link. I also see his points brought up nowhere. I would like to know though where you saw what he copied, instead of jumping to the conclusion (like what you seemed to do...)
    Also...what does health care being a right have to do with whether or not you should use vaccines? Really dont feel like you read it.

Later on you also bring up "it doesnt cause autism https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/02/is-health-care-a-right" to EndPlayz, link doesnt even talk about autism or if vaccines cause it or not. Again, its about if health care is a right or a privilege...

Before you argue "But it does!!!" Only thing about vaccines in that link is about how the vaccine system came to be to allow people access to them, and how Edward Jenner found how to develop a smallpox vaccine. (Paragraph 51 to Paragraph 55.)

Again though...don't want to assume, please tell me what paragraph he copied from. And where New Yorker says Vaccines doesn't cause Autism. I want to see if you have an actual answer, or if maybe you misread him or the magazine? (Edit to fix weird spacing issue between my paragraphs.)
    Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
    www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome