What came first, the CHICKEN or the EGG?

MrDubious's Avatar MrDubious6/30/14 10:04 am
1 emeralds 2.5k 139
7/3/2014 6:05 pm
Ninniy's Avatar Ninniy
Hey guys, just thought that I would bring forth the world's greatest paradox...
Chicken.... or the EGG?

In my honest opinion, I believe that the Chicken came first. Due to Darwin's theory of evolution, technically some species turned into chickens over a long period of time... Then those chickens produced the EGGS!

Don't know if my theory is correct, any other opinions would be awesome! Lets get thinkin!
MrDubious
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/03/2014 6:05 pm
Level 45 : Master Dragonborn
Ninniy
My theory is kinda mixed with some others.

Dinosaurs who don't lay eggs created dinosaurs that do. Those dinosaurs evolved into chickens.

Non-egg laying > egg laying > chicken

Pretty simple. I say that the chicken came first, except it hasn't evolved into a chicken yet.
07/03/2014 5:57 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
seikohs
ok ppl were getting mad at me on a server i play on bc i said the egg came first lol but heres what i say

i think the egg came first bc dinosaurs laid them or something like that and eventually from what became of the egg, evolved into what we know today as the chicken and plus egg
07/03/2014 5:54 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
Noodles, and lots of them.
07/03/2014 5:51 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia

Image produced after searching for "Modern Chicken"
07/03/2014 12:39 am
Level 1 : New Miner
LadyLith
The egg.

A chickenlike animal laid an egg. Due to mutations, it hatched as the first modern chicken.
07/02/2014 11:33 pm
Level 49 : Master Blob
icedragon926
07/02/2014 11:12 pm
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
_books
Depends on your religion, honestly. I mean, if you're Christian, the chicken came first I believe. If you're another religion (or have no religion), that's up to you.
07/02/2014 11:34 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Dixey Ray
I'm not any religion but I would say the bacteria came first, the first egg is made by the thing evolved from bacteria which then evolved into a bird creature and started laying eggs. So umm bacteria came first since it makes up both.
Ya I'm one for strange explanations so don't question me on anything.
07/02/2014 11:23 pm
Mishkia
I know what came first.

Click to reveal
The Rottweiler.
07/02/2014 11:26 pm
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
_books
07/02/2014 1:33 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
kogan007
I would laugh if this was the answer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
07/02/2014 12:44 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pony
warmcardigan
I think kind of the same. But i think the egg came first. Whatever the chicken evolved from layed the egg, and out came the chicken =^.^=
07/02/2014 12:39 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
aaaapppsapapppppp
The egg. Dinosaurs made eggs before chicken existed, and something just evolved into chickens I guess.
07/02/2014 12:30 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Sterouids
Well Eggs were around WAAAAYY before the first chicken. As for chicken eggs versus chicken I believe Chicken Eggs came first.
07/02/2014 11:48 am
Level 36 : Artisan Spider Rider
Narwal_Lover31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a8pI65emDE
This video thoroughly explains it.
07/02/2014 12:18 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Narotiza
Was going to post that too!
07/02/2014 11:45 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
chicken created well either the 5th day or the 6th im not quiet sure on that one
please do not argue with me... to many times people have flamed at me saying this type stuff i will not respond to you
07/02/2014 12:07 pm
Level 45 : Master Theorist
Averli
^^^ That's what I think.

I'm not trying to turn this into a religious argument, I respect people's opinions. I won't say anymore relating religion to my opinion, I'll just say, I think the chicken was first.
07/02/2014 10:43 pm
Level 46 : Master Princess
OreoVal
I totally agree Swift. ^^
But, again, if the chicken were created with eggs inside of her, they would have both been created at the same time.
07/02/2014 12:24 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
To answer the question, I believe according to the Bible it was the 6th. I agree with everything Swift, Spires, and OreoVal have said. Not going to contribute anything else.
07/02/2014 11:17 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Toast
redacted1234567
And who made the creator? The "creator" made everything? So the "creator" made himself. But for a being that can *magically* create things, with infinite knowledge, how does nothing become something of advancement and inovation.. out of nothing?

Atleast the big bang theory is alright. You will never be able to 100% prove a religion or science right, but regardless with the research done in general, science makes more sense.
07/02/2014 11:36 am
Level 25 : Expert Dolphin
idontknow23
Please don't turn this into a religious argument. Everyone has already been warned that the thread will be locked :/
07/02/2014 9:04 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
My guess is that an egg-laying species (not a chicken) layed and egg which was fertilised by another species. It mutilated and became the species we now call chicken. If I'm wrong don't blame me, I'm only 14.
07/02/2014 8:55 am
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
If a "proto-chicken" laid an egg, it would look like the "proto-chicken". Then it would mutate after hatching. That chicken would lay an egg, mutate, lay an egg, etc.

So there's my theory.
07/02/2014 6:55 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Engineer
hmmcrunchy
what the heck its so obviously the egg!!!

how do you make a mule - horse breed with donkey = horse came before mule

2 almost chicken bird species breed, lay an egg and hatches = chicken = egg came first!
07/02/2014 6:23 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
Dinosaurs laid eggs. Boom.
07/02/2014 6:21 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Okay.. Well the egg probably came first as the chicken requires an egg to be born, the actual chicken could be a missborn duck. why not?
07/02/2014 6:08 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Raging Baboon
in terms of evolution the egg came first. so theoretically the egg did come first
07/02/2014 6:05 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Empress_Aqua_Wolf
Well this is just a mystery... The egg or the chicken, could have gone first. There is Darwin's theory, and the theory of the animal coming first. If both have seemed to actually worked before, it's possible that an egg and a chicken were made at the same time. To sum it all up, we can't really know the real answer because there are many religous theories, and scientific ones.
07/02/2014 5:42 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Just a note to say this'll get locked if it turns into a religious argument. I understand some peoples opinion on this, but please, "you're wrong I'm right" statements are silly.
07/02/2014 5:06 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Pokemon
NoParadox
Well, if you truly think about it, the chicken is the eggs way of making another egg. If you think of Darwin's Theory of Evolution, an egg would have to come, and a genetic mutation would have to occur inside of said egg, thus over million of years, forming a chicken. So, I'd say that the egg came first, as a chicken would have to be born, and wouldn't randomly evolve at level 16 or something.
07/02/2014 4:39 am
Level 22 : Expert Princess
arlodee

The bird kind with the smaller beak would die out and the bird kind with the larger beak would live. The bird kind with the smaller beak didn't evolve into one with a larger beak, it simply died out and the larger beaked kind was all that was left.

I'm not sure if there are some animals or plants that are an exception to this. Would be interesting to explore.
07/02/2014 4:31 am
Averli
arlodee Professor Richard Dawkins offers decent arguments for evolution. The way evolution by natural selection works is, suppose there is a bird that lived by sticking its beak in flowers and eating nectar. Now, suppose there was another bird, with a larger beak than the other. The larger beak allows that bird the ability to extract more nectar from the flower. This bird would have a far greater chance of surviving the winter when there aren't many flowers around than the other bird. The longer that bird survives, the greater the chance is that it will spread its genes onto the next generation compared to the other bird. Fast forward to a million years past, and that species of bird would develop the ideal beak for harvesting nectar.

Chickens are often regarded as domesticated jungle fowls. I believe this should be taken into account when discussing whether the chicken or the egg were present first.

The bird kind with the smaller beak would die out and the bird kind with the larger beak would live. The bird kind with the smaller beak didn't evolve into one with a larger beak, it simply died out and the larger beaked kind was all that was left.
07/02/2014 4:24 am
Level 22 : Expert Princess
arlodee
I believe God created the chicken and then the chicken layed the egg.
He made each animal reproduce after it's kind. I don't think that if you're religious that you just think God made everything and there's no science. I don't. You can't study science and ignore God, God made science. Sorry to those who believe in it, I'm not meaning to offend you, but, evolution makes no sense. No matter how hard evolutionists try to prove it, they just can't. There have been some evolutionists that have studied it for years and proved nothing of it to be true, then finally accepted that it can't be proved and there is a Creator. But people believe it because it's the only alternative to believing there is a Creator.

Professor Richard Dawkins offers decent arguments for evolution. The way evolution by natural selection works is, suppose there is a bird that lived by sticking its beak in flowers and eating nectar. Now, suppose there was another bird, with a larger beak than the other. The larger beak allows that bird the ability to extract more nectar from the flower. This bird would have a far greater chance of surviving the winter when there aren't many flowers around than the other bird. The longer that bird survives, the greater the chance is that it will spread its genes onto the next generation compared to the other bird. Fast forward to a million years past, and that species of bird would develop the ideal beak for harvesting nectar.

Chickens are often regarded as domesticated jungle fowls. I believe this should be taken into account when discussing whether the chicken or the egg were present first.
07/02/2014 4:18 am
Level 25 : Expert Procrastinator
Xenon Neko
Here's a ridiculous theory: Neither.
07/02/2014 4:14 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
With "EGG" I suppose you mean a chicken egg.

Anyway, in my opinion it really depends on what you call a "Chicken Egg": an egg laid by a Chicken or an egg with a Chicken inside?

If you go for the first definition, then the chicken was first as the chicken egg has to be laid by a chicken.

If you go for the latter difinition, then the chicken egg was first as some weird anchestor of the chicken eventually laid an egg with had a chicken inside (so a chicken egg by the difinition we picked). What means that the chicken egg was laid before the chicken hatched this egg.

It's really all about how you define what a chicken egg is. You can even go deeper into this problem and start wondering what exactly makes a chicken a chicken.... but that hurts my head, so I won't do that.
07/02/2014 4:04 am
Level 45 : Master Pokemon
OwhForFuckSake
When you generate a new world you see chickens, not walking eggs . So there you have it. The chicken.
07/02/2014 4:05 am
Averli
True dat.
07/02/2014 2:02 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
Either way, they taste good.
07/02/2014 4:02 am
Averli
xD That's true!
07/02/2014 1:33 am
Level 40 : Master Taco
Swimmer1929
Depends on whether you're religious or not. BTW OP is wrong. If Darwin's theory is right then the EGG would come first because the animal that slowly mutated over time to become the chicken would have to lay the egg first. If you're religious, then the chicken would come first because of God. Either one could be right.
07/02/2014 1:14 am
Mishkia

Its going to be one of these.

But just for the sake of semichickenoverhaul, I'm going with the raining eggs and the Enderman.

The enderman - Teleports all the eggs there, getting them from the Creative Inventory.

The eggs - rain creating chickens thanks to the Enderman.
07/02/2014 1:10 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Cake
SilverSky11
07/02/2014 1:30 am
Level 24 : Expert Taco
Jaxtrm_
I was gonna reference this
07/02/2014 1:02 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Toast
redacted1234567
PizzaPenguin_God made the animals, meaning that the chicken came first.

Get with it, its the twenty freaking first century.

Hardly anyone here has said anything halfway intelligent, so I'm guessing, "what's the most expansive, human stupidity or the universe?".

Chickens evolved over thousands of years, as to which came first, neither. As far as we know everything evolved from amino acids, which eventually started simple chemical reactions, through simple processes such as natural selection and a ton of time, those slowly evolved. I'll be the first to tell you, even on a forum saturated with kids that an egg is just *man juice* "on steroids" *cliche*, so which came first? The egg, because from which the point something with the vital necessities to be called a chicken, the egg had already hatched, before then it was a different type of animal.
Quite frankly this is the stupidest thread I have ever seen on PMC.
07/02/2014 12:04 am
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
Chickennn

x
07/01/2014 11:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I Assassin I
MrDubious
AquaGirl
But then wouldn't it be accurate to assume that there were species producing eggs before anything evolved into a chicken, thus making the egg the first?

WHAT MADE THE EGG THEN?

God? :p I don't know XD
07/01/2014 11:50 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
God made the animals, meaning that the chicken came first.

If you do happen to believe in evolution, though, here's my two cents. I'd say the egg came first. Certain animals evolved up until there was an egg that hatched a chicken. The egg may have came from a slightly different animal, but it hatched a chicken, it's a chicken egg, meaning that the egg came first.
07/01/2014 11:41 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior
ValleyDew
Egg. Boom. BTW evolution ain't real.
07/02/2014 1:29 am
Level 24 : Expert Taco
Jaxtrm_
Okay, why do you think that?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com