What religion are you? (not ment to be any sort of argument)

Sythe5665's Avatar Sythe56657/21/13 12:17 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 111
7/21/2013 4:13 pm
Charlizard's Avatar Charlizard
I want to see how many religious people play minecraft, if you are not religious just say that you are an Atheist. Well, I am a Christian.

Christian: 5
Atheist: 1
Jewish: 1
Hindu: 1
Sythe5665
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Charlizard
07/21/2013 4:13 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Network
10 pages. Wow, new record. I thought this would blow up in 2. I guess it started on page 6, but it took its time to actually explode.

I guess you could all discuss with each other where this thread goes now that it's locked? So long as you don't argue over something that isn't even related to the thread at all, I'm fine with whatever ya do.
Chron
07/21/2013 4:11 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
SilverKytten
ChronalgaYou're not understanding what I'm trying to say because you can't see things like I can... I don't feel like arguing about this any more. Let's just stick with "Post yer religion", not argue on miniscule details.

No, hun, you have no idea what I understand. I understand perfectly where you're talking about - But it's not true. You can't just compare tiny parts of two things and call them the same. It doesn't work that way. If it did, fire would be lava because it burns things. (And vice versa)

This isn't just a "minuscule" detail. It's something that a lot of people misinterpret, because they're taught wrong - And it's REALLY annoying. Religion is religion. Lack of religion is not. They're two totally different things, they just happen to be related because without one the other wouldn't exist.

You've said you're not a Christian. Therefore, it's impossible for you to see it the way I see it, unless you're a Christian. They're not tiny parts, they're the defining parts.

It's miniscule and irrelevant because it's not related to the topic, and the OP specifically said "Not meant to be any sort of argument". We're both losing respect over this. Just stop. It's all a matter of perspective. You view it from one side, and I view it from another.
David Rain
07/21/2013 4:08 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragon
Christian! Go Jesus
_NuclearManx_
07/21/2013 4:07 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
I'm an atheist because when there's religion there's violence.
eccsdee
07/21/2013 4:09 pm
Level 26 : Expert Cake
I'm also an atheist, but you mustn't forget that atheists can be violent too. You shouldn't judge a religion by some people who are violent.
juirox
07/21/2013 4:05 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Zombie
rastafarian ... jah!
SilverKytten
07/21/2013 4:05 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
ChronalgaYou're not understanding what I'm trying to say because you can't see things like I can... I don't feel like arguing about this any more. Let's just stick with "Post yer religion", not argue on miniscule details.

No, hun, you have no idea what I understand. I understand perfectly where you're talking about - But it's not true. You can't just compare tiny parts of two things and call them the same. It doesn't work that way. If it did, fire would be lava because it burns things. (And vice versa)

This isn't just a "minuscule" detail. It's something that a lot of people misinterpret, because they're taught wrong - And it's REALLY annoying. Religion is religion. Lack of religion is not. They're two totally different things, they just happen to be related because without one the other wouldn't exist.
K_iGunner
07/21/2013 4:04 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Musician
Pastafarian and proud.
Summertime
07/21/2013 4:03 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Catholic: Summertime

Although I am not a giant believer in God.
DaDirkNL
07/21/2013 4:02 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
christian.
Chron
07/21/2013 4:01 pm
SilverKytten
ChronalgaAtheism is a "[very loosely] organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality," because, by rejecting the beliefs, cultural systems, etc. of all the other religions, you therefore adopt the leftover beliefs, cultural systems, etc., which have been shunned by all other religions. Saying that there is no god is a belief. You believe that to be true. Ignorance of other religions is a part of the atheistic cultural system. Saying that there is no spirituality still relates to spirituality. I can go on and on.

Preachy version: Atheism believes that there is no one god who rules everything. Well, something has to rule your life. In atheism, that thing is you. Because you rule your own life, you control your own actions, and you do what you want to do, and what you think is right, you are the god of your own life. In almost all other religions, something or someone else of greater power is influencing your choices. In atheism, the world you live in influences you. Therefore, atheism is almost a kind of paradox.

I do agree with your last paragraph, though. Except for the word useless. Nothing is useless.

Also, I'm not trying to argue about how my religion is better. I just want to make it clear what atheism actually is. If it wasn't a religion, why would it be discussed here?

Yes, Atheism defines a belief - But that belief is not spiritual or supernatural. And no, just because you believe that you rule your self doesn't mean it's religious - Religion doesn't mean that someone or something rules over you - And believing that something or someone rules over you doesn't mean you're religious. Hitler ruled over many people - Would you consider Nazism a religion?

And also - Being related to, or pertaining to, a religious conversation doesn't mean something is religious. Like I said - Atheism was a word made up to define yourself as NOT being religious, just as Christianity was made up to define believing in that religion.

You're not understanding what I'm trying to say because you can't see things like I can... I don't feel like arguing about this any more. Let's just stick with "Post yer religion", not argue on miniscule details.
MrCreeperXD
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Sythe5665I want to see how many religious people play minecraft, if you are not religious just say that you are an Atheist. Well, I am a Christian.

Christian: 5
Atheist: 1
Jewish: 1
Hindu: 1

Y not make a poll?
CalPal_
07/21/2013 3:59 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
Used to be Baptist Christian. Now I'm kinda an agnostic. xP
Emma5000
07/21/2013 3:58 pm
Level 23 : Expert Miner
I'm not religious. I'm agnostic.
SilverKytten
Do you mean Atheist?

Agnosticism isn't "not religious," it's "not quite sure of whether you believe," or "there just might be something out there."
Emma5000
07/21/2013 4:08 pm
Level 23 : Expert Miner
I didn't mean Atheist I meant agnostic... But I suppose it's kinda....potentially religious? x)

Well basically, I won't disbelieve something just because it seems improbable. So gods are not completely out of the question, however I'm more inclined to believe in scientific theories on things in general. :p
SilverKytten
07/21/2013 3:57 pm
ChronalgaAtheism is a "[very loosely] organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality," because, by rejecting the beliefs, cultural systems, etc. of all the other religions, you therefore adopt the leftover beliefs, cultural systems, etc., which have been shunned by all other religions. Saying that there is no god is a belief. You believe that to be true. Ignorance of other religions is a part of the atheistic cultural system. Saying that there is no spirituality still relates to spirituality. I can go on and on.

Preachy version: Atheism believes that there is no one god who rules everything. Well, something has to rule your life. In atheism, that thing is you. Because you rule your own life, you control your own actions, and you do what you want to do, and what you think is right, you are the god of your own life. In almost all other religions, something or someone else of greater power is influencing your choices. In atheism, the world you live in influences you. Therefore, atheism is almost a kind of paradox.

I do agree with your last paragraph, though. Except for the word useless. Nothing is useless.

Also, I'm not trying to argue about how my religion is better. I just want to make it clear what atheism actually is. If it wasn't a religion, why would it be discussed here?

Yes, Atheism defines a belief - But that belief is not spiritual or supernatural. And no, just because you believe that you rule your self doesn't mean it's religious - Religion doesn't mean that someone or something rules over you - And believing that something or someone rules over you doesn't mean you're religious. Hitler ruled over many people - Would you consider Nazism a religion?

And also - Being related to, or pertaining to, a religious conversation doesn't mean something is religious. Like I said - Atheism was a word made up to define yourself as NOT being religious, just as Christianity was made up to define believing in that religion.
oceoano
07/21/2013 3:56 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Skinner
Atheist (Like someone else said , this does not mean i am an evil bitter satanist, as i don't believe in any supernatural being (Which would be satan)

`Oceoano
Nytroh
07/21/2013 3:56 pm
Level 43 : Master Pixel Puncher
Christian-Methodist
Poshtoffee
07/21/2013 3:55 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Jedi
COOPERx223x
07/21/2013 3:54 pm
Level 40 : Master Mountaineer
I guess I spoke too soon. Oh well.

Guys, this isn't a thread for debating the injustices done in the name of religion (because that has happened, and we all know it). Please, just state yer religion and leave it at that.
yogscast-lover
07/21/2013 3:52 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
Chronalga
SilverKytten
shota_jellybeanNo religion:1

F RELIGIONS, THEY CAUSE WARS!!!!

ChronalgaDon't mean to flame, but no religion is still a religion. It's called atheism.

YaminiaAtheism is not a religion.

ChronalgaAnything relating to a god or gods is a religion. Atheism, the belief that there is no god (or, in some cases, that you are the god), still relates to a god or gods, therefore it's a religion.

Nothing is still something. It's seven letters.

No.

"Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality."

Atheism is as much of a religion as health is a disease.

Atheism was a word created to have a word to say that you are not religious - Without actually saying it. Many people would think that's stupid - But it's the same as calling Christianity Christianity. It's a word to say that you believe in one god, and the morals he defines as good.

Also - Religions don't create wars. People who don't respect another's religion (Or lack thereof) start wars. People who are ignorant start wars. People who are cruel, useless, husks of man-meat start wars.

I did not want a technical debate today, but whatever. Sure, I summarized the definition of religion. Nothing is still something. Atheism is still a religion. I can go two ways with this:

Technical version: Atheism is a "[very loosely] organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality," because, by rejecting the beliefs, cultural systems, etc. of all the other religions, you therefore adopt the leftover beliefs, cultural systems, etc., which have been shunned by all other religions. Saying that there is no god is a belief. You believe that to be true. Ignorance of other religions is a part of the atheistic cultural system. Saying that there is no spirituality still relates to spirituality. I can go on and on.

COOPERx223xHmm, I'm quite impressed that this hasn't blown up into a religious debate. Glad to know there are people out there who can simply state their religion and not have to dog on others about theirs.
Also, +1 to Christian.

You were saying?
eccsdee
07/21/2013 3:52 pm
Chronalga
SilverKytten

ChronalgaDon't mean to flame, but no religion is still a religion. It's called atheism.

ChronalgaAnything relating to a god or gods is a religion. Atheism, the belief that there is no god (or, in some cases, that you are the god), still relates to a god or gods, therefore it's a religion.

No.

"Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality."

Atheism was a word created to have a word to say that you are not religious - Without actually saying it. Many people would think that's stupid - But it's the same as calling Christianity Christianity. It's a word to say that you believe in one god, and the morals he defines as good.

Also - Religions don't create wars. People who don't respect another's religion (Or lack thereof) start wars. People who are ignorant start wars. People who are cruel, useless, husks of man-meat start wars.

I did not want a technical debate today, but whatever. Sure, I summarized the definition of religion. Nothing is still something. Atheism is still a religion. I can go two ways with this:

Technical version: Atheism is a "[very loosely] organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality," because, by rejecting the beliefs, cultural systems, etc. of all the other religions, you therefore adopt the leftover beliefs, cultural systems, etc., which have been shunned by all other religions. Saying that there is no god is a belief. You believe that to be true. Ignorance of other religions is a part of the atheistic cultural system. Saying that there is no spirituality still relates to spirituality. I can go on and on.

I am the God of my own life?
*School explodes*
Aww hell yeah
Chron
07/21/2013 3:49 pm
SilverKytten

No.

COOPERx223x
07/21/2013 3:48 pm
Level 40 : Master Mountaineer
Hmm, I'm quite impressed that this hasn't blown up into a religious debate. Glad to know there are people out there who can simply state their religion and not have to dog on others about theirs.

Also, +1 to Christian.
mikee3468
07/21/2013 3:48 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
Christian
Azie
07/21/2013 3:46 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
I am one of the saucy followers of His noodliness. In the afterlife we shall sail with divine pirates and admire the great flying spaghetti monster in His domain.

This is actually a religion by the way:
http://www.venganza.org/
Poshtoffee
07/21/2013 3:57 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
My sister's in that religion.
BornaKia
07/21/2013 3:46 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I believe in the force
Knarfer
07/21/2013 3:43 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
Atheist

+1
Destian_
07/21/2013 3:41 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
i am a minecrafter
i believe in mojang
eccsdee
07/21/2013 3:41 pm
jacobthekolstad
H-MAN_25
jacobthekolstadMe and my family belive in our own god.. Weird..

Really? What God do you believe in?

We belive ourselves.

So you believe you are Gods...
tiffhan
07/21/2013 3:40 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Artist
Jedi Knight
Yes it is a really religion
eccsdee
Yeah guys, after seeing someone else point this out I have to stress:

Religions do not cause wars.
Muslims are actually peaceful, and that's what their religion tells them to be.
The people who you call 'terrorists' are unfortunate people who have been taught a warped version of their religion, and actually, if you know Islam well, you would also know that terrorist attacks are considered a sin. Terrorists would go to Jahannam [the Muslim hell].
Those who say religions cause wars are about as arrogant as the terrorists who kill others in an attempt to get into Jannah.
Chron
07/21/2013 3:51 pm
Quick question, though:

Explain the Crusades.
eccsdee
07/21/2013 3:54 pm
But did religion cause that war? Or was it the pope claiming that the war was an act of God?

It wasn't simply the fact that they were religious that caused the war. It was that the Christians wanted the land because it was holy.
Chron
07/21/2013 3:58 pm
Good point. Guess it was the Catholic's fault there... I'll let this rest.
Jacob Rigoberto
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
H-MAN_25
jacobthekolstadMe and my family belive in our own god.. Weird..

We belive ourselves.
megablaster7
07/21/2013 3:37 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Prince
Jehovah witness
Aeternalis_
07/21/2013 3:36 pm
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
I hold my own beliefs. similar to Southern Baptist
Rhyft
07/21/2013 3:36 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Christian! <3
yogscast-lover
07/21/2013 3:26 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
Roman Catholic
Adiowa
07/21/2013 3:24 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
I don't know.. I'm not an atheist because i believe that something or someone out there somewhere did something to make this thing work.. I'm also thinking of partly adopting buddism, since it's an awesome religion
Also, why does every atheist say "don't hate please" or something along those lines? why would people hate on atheists?
eccsdee
07/21/2013 3:28 pm
Because there are lots of other religions that would gladly try to make you seem like an idiot for not believing in them. Luckily I don't think we've had any of this so far on this post.

Good for you about the Buddhist thing - if I wasn't atheist that's what I'd be too. Buddhist teachings are like life lessons, and even if you're not a Buddhist they will make you a better person. It's also true what Buddhists say about suffering being in the mind, even if you're part of a different religion you can't deny that.
Chron
07/21/2013 3:32 pm
As a Christian, I believe that it is true that suffering is in the mind, because that's where you're tempted. However, all food is good to eat. That's why animals were made. 'Nuff said.
Yaminia
07/21/2013 3:20 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
Atheist
Jacob Rigoberto
07/21/2013 3:18 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Me and my family belive in our own god.. Weird..
eccsdee
07/21/2013 3:20 pm

HuRRiKaNezAnarchist.

That's not a religion. That's the term for someone who doesn't like the government/all goverments.
kierana549
07/21/2013 3:17 pm
Level 48 : Master Spelunker
Pastafarian.
ChaosExpert
07/21/2013 3:17 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
Catholic
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com