JenniferM's Avatar JenniferM12/19/11 8:49 pm
12/21/2011 10:06 am
JenniferM's Avatar JenniferM
Here's one of my tracks (and you can find more by clicking my name):

http://soundcloud.com/jenniferpedersen/ ... -replicant

honest opinions only please!
JenniferM
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/21/2011 1:20 am
Level 47 : Master Hunter
Po1ntBlank
good job, listen to panhead, he knows his stuff
12/21/2011 1:02 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Mountaineer
BusyChris
It feels like _______________________________________________________ so that's some way's you can fix it , but to tell you the truth _____________________ you can do that with some programs.
12/21/2011 12:56 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
trouvel
Not really my style (I'm more of the artistic classical type) but it definitely sounds professional and good for its genre. Thumbs up I'm trying to be as fair as I can with my genre preferences, if anything I want you to keep it up
12/21/2011 10:06 am
JenniferM
thank you! i will certainly never give up making music cause it's alot of fun (also very frustrating at times)

BusyChrisIt feels like _______________________________________________________ so that's some way's you can fix it , but to tell you the truth _____________________ you can do that with some programs.

uhm? seriously... what? xD

Po1ntBlankgood job, listen to panhead, he knows his stuff

thanks! there is always something new to learn and i'll take any advice i can get.
12/20/2011 6:20 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Hero
Eatoncheese
i finished like a day or 2 ago sorry for late reply it was good.
12/21/2011 12:29 am
JenniferM
yeah that usually happens to me :p thank you!
12/19/2011 9:30 pm
JenniferM
panhead86Autotune is by no means cheating! ALL the pros use it, no matter how good the singer is.

Yup, this is definitely techno.

And if you don't know what LFO's or Highpasses or Lowpasses are, just research automatic filters and play around with those. They can really add depth to a song.

Also, just out of curiosity, what do you use to make your music?

well it's a matter of opinion, i just don't like autotune at all. i think it's a bit overused too.

i am using Reason.
12/19/2011 9:24 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Musician
panhead86
Autotune is by no means cheating! ALL the pros use it, no matter how good the singer is.

Yup, this is definitely techno.

And if you don't know what LFO's or Highpasses or Lowpasses are, just research automatic filters and play around with those. They can really add depth to a song.

Also, just out of curiosity, what do you use to make your music?

JenniferM
ZaphodXJust use an acapella of some good vocals that would go with it. Also if you autotune your voice it will sound fine.

have you actually tried that yourself? and i will NEVER use autotune! that's cheating.

Eatoncheesenice ima lisnin to it right now

cool, lemme know when ya done!

panhead86As far as techno goes, this is really good!! Love the beat, it's really well made. Had to listen to it twice, it's great!

And now if I'm being picky, here's the critiques:

The synths get a bit drab, maybe you could layer some effects with LFOs and throw on some lowpass or highpass to add a bit of buildup? That's just minor stuff though. Maybe add a few different synth lines in there? Just minor changes that would give the song some depth.

The song overall is REALLY GOOD! Keep at it, you definitely know what you're doing.

so you would say the genre is techno? cause im not quite sure myself xD

i'm gonna do some research on this "LFO" and the lowpass and highpass cause i have no idea what those are! hehe
12/19/2011 9:15 pm
panhead86
As far as techno goes, this is really good!! Love the beat, it's really well made. Had to listen to it twice, it's great!

The synths get a bit drab, maybe you could layer some effects with LFOs and throw on some lowpass or highpass to add a bit of buildup? That's just minor stuff though. Maybe add a few different synth lines in there? Just minor changes that would give the song some depth.

The song overall is REALLY GOOD! Keep at it, you definitely know what you're doing.
12/19/2011 9:12 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Hero
Eatoncheese
nice ima lisnin to it right now
12/19/2011 9:10 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Just use an acapella of some good vocals that would go with it. Also if you autotune your voice it will sound fine.
12/19/2011 9:18 pm
JenniferM
have you actually tried that yourself? and i will NEVER use autotune! that's cheating.

Eatoncheesenice ima lisnin to it right now

cool, lemme know when ya done!

panhead86As far as techno goes, this is really good!! Love the beat, it's really well made. Had to listen to it twice, it's great!

so you would say the genre is techno? cause im not quite sure myself xD

i'm gonna do some research on this "LFO" and the lowpass and highpass cause i have no idea what those are! hehe
12/19/2011 9:15 pm
panhead86
This^

Auto-tune is a magical thing...
12/19/2011 9:03 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Not quite my kinda thing. I would have preferred it more with some vocals layered on top.
12/19/2011 9:07 pm
JenniferM
yeah it could definately use some of those, sadly i am not a singer and i don't know anyone who can xD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome