Why cant I get people on my server? Read desc

Willerd's Avatar Willerd6/29/15 7:35 pm
1 emeralds 642 5
6/30/2015 2:09 am
Von_'s Avatar Von_
We have donation ranks and factions, tnt run, pvp, economy, mcmmo, creative (soon). I updated on multiple things and got some new players but no more. Please help
Willerd
Level 26 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/30/2015 2:09 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Von_
Well, I think that if you have a well rounded server with staff that are't filled with just friends, you will do find. I think it might make it easier for many of the knowledgeable members of PMC to be able to help you if you tell us how your system works for staff, donations, how the players are treated, and etc.

As previous said by another player, "Players might be interested in custom weapons." If could, you should add those into your gamemodes and games.
06/30/2015 12:15 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TRicool22
Players might be interested in custom weapons (ex: Fast-firing bow or Sword with longer reach.) That would make pvp a lot more interesting!
06/29/2015 9:02 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Minecraft_Manami
Try adding something that makes your server stand out. You don't want your server to be just another face in the crowd, Basically add something original.
06/29/2015 7:50 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Engineer
awesomecronin
Make something original, such as original mini-games, and also add more gamemodes like prison. Also, advertise. Pretty much the best way to show people stuff. Also, I'd like an IP please
06/29/2015 8:44 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
This^^. What you said you have is little different from what almost any other server out there has. What you need to do is convince the player that they want to play on YOUR server specifically.

If you are starting up (playerbase of under 50 people or s over all timezones), I recommend you think up some minigames that can be fun to play solo or with 1 or 2 others, as it is unlikely you'll have enough people in the beginning for something like HungerGames.

Suggestions:
  • Fortress-defense like game (player defends against a bunch of mobs assaulting their "fortress" using different, custom coded weapons and abilities.
  • Monster maze: a large maze with corridors at least 2 blocks wide that the player runs through on on swiftness and blindness effects. They are armed with (weapons, different classes?) and have to fight numerous mobs. Possible different levels, among which one with Ghasts flying above the level shooting fireballs downwards (due to blindness player cannot predict where they fall). PVP also possible.
  • (DIFFICULT TO MAKE): Infinite dungeon: A dungeon-crawl type minigame where the player goes in, fights as many mobs as they can and gets their loot. Can be done in teams. The dungeon theoretically goes on forever, but there are only a few healing points (one every 20 "rooms" or so) where you can restore health. For the rest, you dont heal (not even naturally), so players will need to be careful.

I do not know enough to code any of this. Im merely presenting some ideas and basic concepts. Good luck with them.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome