Why doesn't it feel like Christmas?

Seneschal's Avatar Seneschal12/19/14 5:58 pm
12/21/2014 2:10 am
RinTheBin's Avatar RinTheBin
It just turned into Winter Break for me and Christmas is only a few days away, yet to me it doesn't feel like its Christmas. In the past, my mood always changed to a joyful spirit during December but since its 2014 and everything drastically changed over time its like its the only year that doesn't feel "christmassy". Several others agree, but I want to know your opinion on this topic.
Seneschal
Level 34 : Artisan Demolitionist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/21/2014 2:10 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
RinTheBin
It basically never snows where I am, and it's really, really hot.
Well, that and that every now and then my brain stops feeling all emotion. It's like being bored, but to the point where literally nothing amuses you. Not even Christmas.
for me at least

But really, it is probably just that we are getting older, and for some reason that magic just sort of... dies out.
12/21/2014 2:01 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Demolitionist
KawaiiMiku
'cause y'all grew up. I stopped having Christmas spirit like three years ago :/

and the world is too much focused on other things to care.

plus it's summer in Australia so there isn't much Christmas spirit to begin with. I was only ever in it for the presents and pretty lights. The lack of spirit could be that I don't want anything in particular for Christmas, which stops me from getting excited.
12/20/2014 9:38 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
ItsMorgan
Quite interesting stories you have there about snow and stuffs. I live in Paraguay, so the only snow I've ever seen is in my fridge. But around winter (July) it's between 0 and -7 C°. Never once school was cancelled for the cold. And sometimes, during summer, it's above 40 C°, and we still have to go. I don't like it :c
12/20/2014 9:17 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer
GamingSensation
Last time it snowed it Florida was in the 1900's :/
12/20/2014 7:08 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
12/20/2014 7:07 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
SuperSecretFakeAccount
Going to highschool, I should be phsyiced but im just bummed out. Im kinda sick of it all. I dont belive in santa, but I bet it will change on x-mas day! Trust me *smug face*
12/20/2014 7:06 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Insanity
its like 60 degrees everyday in winter where i live, so no snow. also, christmas music helps but our radio is kinda busted
12/20/2014 7:05 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd
Zelkia
im perfectly in Christmas mood. maybe it's because im only 13. well, nearly.

And FastestHorsie, not trying to be an arse, but not all of us are religious ya know. not all of us celebrate Christmas for that reason.
12/20/2014 7:03 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
Rekorta
I've lost the spirit too.. I dont know - this isnt really me...
12/20/2014 6:52 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
It loses its magic as you get older, at least that's what I've found. Christmas for me will just be me browsing PMC, maybe banning people if I'm lucky. It's no different than any other day.
12/20/2014 6:58 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
Why don't you spend time with friends and family?
12/20/2014 6:21 pm
GamingSensation
Guys, you know the true meaning of Christmas isn't the presents or the decorations. Its about Jesus Christ's birthday. Remember that St. Nick is Santa Clause, and Christmas wouldn't be without Jesus.
12/20/2014 6:22 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
Exactly. But I think the problem is that people aren't getting excited over celebrating Jesus's supposed birthday. Not the gifts and snow.
12/20/2014 6:24 pm
GamingSensation
Yea.
I dunno I always have spirit cause of my family togetherness, I guess.
12/20/2014 6:20 pm
ItsMorgan
Let's spread some more joy. (All Christmas/Lovecraft-themed)

It's the most horrible time of the year
[yt]cUEUF6Qh8ys[/yt]

Freddy the Red-Brained Mi-go (Rudolph?)
[yt]7mbc8JR9Nds[/yt]

Silent Night, Blasphemous Night (Holy night?)
[yt]d0zHQqp8LPs[/yt]

I saw mommy kissing Yog-Sothoth (Santa?)
[yt]KSvsy11PHxM[/yt]

And finally, this one's not Christmas-themed, but it's so darn funny

If I were a Deep One
[yt]nFzdIaBnckg[/yt]
12/20/2014 6:16 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
Same here. It'll be cool on christmas itself tho
12/20/2014 6:07 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
It feels like Christmas where I am :3 My house is full of baked goods and lights and stockings. I even have 2 Christmas trees <33 (My mom is even looking for a 3rd one xD)
The only thing that would make it more like Christmas is if it snowed. Unfortunately it doesn't snow at all in this part of Texas ( The last time it snowed here was in 2003, which was 11 (almost 12!) years ago!

Anyways, maybe because your getting older, or maybe the weather is different, or maybe your town just isn't Christmas-y that much anymore?
12/20/2014 8:51 pm
Seneschal
Eyyy, I live in Texas too. In Houston its a bit chill but no snow. There's a lot of good and weirdly off-topic reasons why I and others people don't feel the Christmas magic but I can sort of see why it doesn't feel as normal as it supposed to be.
12/20/2014 5:35 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
Never celebrated Christmas. Never had the mood. Every year, I always have a holiday at Christmas. Doesn't feel special.

But I kinda get what you mean. This year seems a bit less Christmasy. Maybe people aren't getting hyped enough. But I doubt that. I think it's more that things are getting less Christmasy in general. I live in Toronto, and it's not snowing, but it should still feel a bit magical. But I just came back from outside, and it just feels like a normal cold day. The few rare trees around don't invoke any sense of feeling; they're just random ornamental trees to me. It's weird. Toronto doesn't feel like it's in a Christmas mood either. Nothing seems to be going on.

The world's getting grimmer, guys. Maybe it's as nammerbom said; as we get older, we don't really see the difference between the Christmas season and the normal season.
12/20/2014 5:29 pm
ItsMorgan
Well, I never really liked Christmas that much anyway. I mean, I like all the love and happiness stuffs and all, I love spending time with my family, but Christmas is so... Boring. I mean, everyone's busy doing useless Christmas stuff, I absolutely hate family reunions, I mean, my family is so big. And I only like 6 or 7 peeps in my family, everyone else is annoying and noisy and mean. And the food. God, the food. It's a vicious circle, eat, feel guilty, hate myself, drown my sorrows in food.

But I like the presents.

Oh my God, I'm a Grinch.

Anyways, Solstice's tomorrow.

[yt]FvILFVJMPvY[/yt]

Now, let's go spread the Lovecraft Joy.

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
12/19/2014 11:30 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
_Polar_
OMG its a global phenomenon called nomorechristmasymagica
Where everyone feels like it isnt really Christmas and lost their spirit
12/19/2014 11:26 pm
Level 27 : Expert Demolitionist
sanegaming
I feel the same...I thought it was just me
12/19/2014 10:39 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
Equwal
Get used to the feeling buddy, not trying to be a dick. Just being sincere. We all hit that point in life where holidays just don't feel as they used to, and I believe you have hit yours. Sorry pal.
12/19/2014 11:22 pm
Seneschal
Eh no, other holidays feel like holidays normally for me. Just not Christmas for some reason. I don't see the "point" in life where holidays don't feel like holidays. I believe its either the world changing with technology or grinch stole Christmas.
12/19/2014 10:36 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
I'm getting the same feeling. Here up in New England, it's usually snowed like 3' by now. So far, it's only snowed about 4" in total since October.

Christmas break started for me today too, and the one thing that really gets me into the Christmas spirit is seeing people in my school getting written up for detentions for having snowball fights on campus. Don't know why, but the fact that they got a detention that will be served three weeks from today really gets me into the Christmas spirit, lol.

Honestly, at this time last year it was legitimately -20 Fahrenheit. It's barely gone below 40 degrees this year. I think it's been below 40 only like twice.
12/20/2014 8:32 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
What a difference Geography makes. Here in Texas, if there's just half an inch of snow, school is cancelled for days.
12/19/2014 7:41 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you

For real though, I've been out of spirit since last year
12/19/2014 7:20 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Chriz_KFC
Its not just the winter spirit, its not cold outside and no snow
12/19/2014 11:24 pm
Seneschal
Down in Texas, it never snows. Barely. But like when I was young even though it was not cold or snowing I had the Christmas Spirit still in me. (or maybe that's just me.)
12/19/2014 7:18 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Your getting older I am guessing.
I don't feel it much this year either, maybe its because of school. IDK
12/19/2014 7:00 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Prince
sssilver
Yeah, I get that feeling too. Maybe cause there's no snow where I am.
12/19/2014 6:33 pm
Seneschal
I'm smelling social media.
12/19/2014 6:32 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Hunter
Ciberg
Yeah, same for me. I think it's because our Christmas tree doesn't smell like anything but air this year. Smells are proven to provoke memories so that could be it.
12/19/2014 6:14 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
Feeling the same tbh :p dunno why, but i never really liked christmas. Too much things to do, too much food. Presents are nice and all, but they aren't the point of christmas are they? But yeah its even less than other years
12/19/2014 6:07 pm
Level 42 : Master Fox
-Mage-
I'm blaming myself guys. I stole the magic of Christmas.
Please don't hurt me, I burned it in lava.
That's why it's so hot, guys.
12/19/2014 6:13 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Gosh darn it.
12/19/2014 6:26 pm
Level 42 : Master Fox
-Mage-
You can't feel the Christmas spirit anymore.
You're all like:
12/19/2014 6:07 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
probably cause youre getting older, yeah it sucks i know
12/19/2014 6:02 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
YourLocalFloridian
Probs because I live in Florida

now that you mention it, I feel that way too. the house is decorated and the tree is up, but the magic is missing. wonder why? until we find an answer, let's agree to blame Global Warming
12/19/2014 6:31 pm
Seneschal
I live in Texas..
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome