Youtube Poop - Why It's Great

Jochmen's Avatar Jochmen9/4/13 1:29 pm
1 emeralds 261 3
9/5/2013 7:08 am
Jochmen's Avatar Jochmen

Youtube poop, where there is smoke, they pinch back.

The concept is simple, take a source material, (e.g an episode of Adventure Time) then proceed to edit the source both graphically and audiovisually, until the final product becomes a self-styled (and often funny) version of the original.

This video is a good way to get you started in the various terms of YTP's.

Now, from my perspective, there are two types of "Pure" YTP's (not counting Youtube Poop Music Videos as they're a seperate category)

Funny YTP's
These types of videos all have in common that they're meant to make the viewer laugh. A good example is the top video. Most YTP'ers, even the greatest heroes among them, stick to this kind of YTP for various reasons. Mainly because they're the easiest to make.

Creepy YTP's
A "Spinter Cell", if you will, in the Youtube Poop community, has taken themselves to making YTP's that are highly graphically edited, and borderline Creepypasta. Their unofficial leader is Linkondrugs*.
This kind of Youtube Poop is incredibly difficult to make, as it relies mostly on visuals instead of humour. If the YTP'er is skilled enough however, the results can be most... Pleasing...

An example, by Linkondrugs*:

I hope I have informed you enough to get you interested in this "hidden" culture on Youtube. I myself love YTP's, and I always feel like sharing what I know about them with others, therefore this thread was founded.

If you have any further questions, please PM me.

*http://www.youtube.com/user/LinkOnDrugs
Jochmen
Level 20 : Expert Ninja