HELP with Minecart Metro System - PS4 Minecraft

Mr_Cheach's Avatar Mr_Cheach1/6/21 8:38 am
2 emeralds 175 3
1/6/2021 1:25 pm
Supamegabread's Avatar Supamegabread
Hi All,

I used to be a lot more active on here when I played Minecraft on the PC a few years ago! (Founder of Rosavia City). It's nice to be back on PMC.

I've been casually building a new City on my PS4 and I'd really like to build a Metro System that goes around a part of the City. Inspired by the London Overground, and the Chicago "L", it'd be an elevated Minecart track that goes in a loop.

Could I effectively create a big rail loop, place some Minecarts down, let them go, and BOOM! They'll go round, and round - like an automated Metro service.

Also, please excuse my lack of knowledge in the modern Minecraft game, I've been out of the action for a while, only casually playing on my console.

Many thanks,
Mr Cheach :)
Mr_Cheach
Level 54 : Grandmaster Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/06/2021 8:47 am
Level 36 : Artisan Toast
Supamegabread
well fist things first depending on how big this rail loop is it wont work, I'm fairly certain that when a moving minecart gets left in unloaded chunks that it stops moving but I could be wrong I don't use them very often. i prefer elytra firework.
01/06/2021 9:39 amhistory
Level 54 : Grandmaster Taco
Mr_Cheach
Appreciate the reply mate.

Ahhh right, in regards to the minecarts getting left in unloaded chunks, I wasn't aware that was an issue still in the game. Is there any way around this?

Elytra Firework isn't an option, as this is a creative City - therefore the Minecart(s) would be acting as an authentic "Underground/Metro/Subway" experience.
01/06/2021 1:25 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Toast
Supamegabread
this is just my basic knowledge from the last time I used minecarts which was years ago. This is a video from my favorite youtuber showing the fastest ways to travel. i recommend you use the last one with the water. (12) The Fastest (And Slowest) You Can Go In Minecraft - YouTube
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome