Block Model Technicality?

Akeustlom's Avatar Akeustlom7/8/19 9:16 pm
7/10/2019 11:13 pm
Akeustlom's Avatar Akeustlom
In short, I am working on a resource pack at the moment that I would like to rely on block coordinates for different pools of models.
For example, say grass blocks use one model if the x-axis is an even number and another model if the x-axis is an odd number. Is this possible within a resource pack? If so, examples would be appreciated down below. Thanks in advance for your help!
Akeustlom
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/10/2019 11:13 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe
Akeustlom
Combining my resource pack with a data-pack, I wasn't quite able to achieve this, but the results are satisfactory enough to bring me to a second question;
Is it possible for an item on an armor-stand's head to have custom model data? Currently, in my data-pack, spawning an armor stand with a head-slot containing {CustomModelData:1} only displays the default item. Is this a problem on the end of the data-pack or has minecraft deleted the NBT tag for some reason?
07/09/2019 7:01 amhistory
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
So you want different model based on x coordinate? I don't think it's possible, but you could make these models randomized

Make few models for one block naming them for example grass_block, grass_block2, grass_block3, etc and then in blockstate file specify these models

Here's example Resource Pack: mediafire.com/file/Randomized_example.zip
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome