Can I download a map from what I think is 1.8 (Redmurk Mystery)?

Wet-Hamster's Avatar Wet-Hamster6/29/22 11:22 pm history
6/30/2022 10:11 pm
Wet-Hamster's Avatar Wet-Hamster
I want to down load the Redmurk Mystery map from what I remember youtubers playing is in 1.8 or 1.9. I don't want to convert it to the latest version but, just what to play the map, if possible, in its original version (Yes I know how to downgrade to different versions I mostly play in 1.12). It won't let me down load the map and when pressing the download button it takes me to Motion Pictures. Can it be that it's so old or that the creator hasn't been on since 10 years ago? I am not the most tech savvy and have a hard time with simple computer tasks. But, I can, with time, final figure out that one thing that is causing trouble. I have a new laptop that runs fast mostly and still has a lot of space left so it can not be any of those to. It also says that I can not down load it because I already downloaded it multiple times. I also have the Brave browser but runs through google, so that might block it from being a "3rd party website". But in the end I have no idea so maybe you guys can help me but, as I know the map is old so might be nothing we can do. Thanks in advance btw.

Wet-Hamster
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

icephantom
06/30/2022 6:24 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
Here is the revision history - click on the spoiler below to reveal:

Redmurk Revision History - click to reveal
V1.1

Fixed an issue with a sign that used the pre-release name of "Redmist".
Added clearer direction to the library.

V1.2

Modified a puzzle in the Sand Shrine to remove the need to take damage.
Fixed the library to make the puzzle less frustrating.
Modified the Gauntlet to make a chest necessary to progress easier to find.

V1.3

Fixed a typo on one of the story signs.
Made a minor cosmetic change to the lighthouse.
Clarified the initial puzzle in the Fire Shrine.
Moved a chest in the Sand Shrine one block up.
Added a proper conclusion to the Vault.
Modified several story signs.

V1.4

Increased the difficulty of an Ice Shrine puzzle slightly.
Modified a number of areas with missing blocks for cosmetic reasons.
Rebalanced the number of clay blocks in the Gauntlet.
Fixed another sign typo.
Removed a sign that was causing confusion.
Made the lift in the Ice Shrine more dangerous to use without a boat.
Removed a normally hidden area used during development.

v1.5

Updated the rail line with booster rails due to changes in Minecraft 1.6
Updated the end of the map due to changes made to fire in Minecraft 1.6
Replaced the glowstone in the Fire Shrine's arrow trap with grass due to glowstone no longer allowing pressure plates in 1.6

v1.6

Changed the first section of the Ice Shine
Added potions to a few chests to compensate for food changes
Made a few small cosmetic changes to the town
Replaced saplings in Forest Shrine with Birch Saplings
Added two enchantment tables
Modified the vault slightly
icephantom
06/30/2022 6:14 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
You are a little off in your estimation of Minecraft version. This map is a little over 10 years old. It was originally created to work in Minecraft version 1.0.0. ....... and if you want to remain faithful to this map, then play it in MC1.0.0.
Personally I have tried it in MC125 and it appears to work fine in that version to, although it will up-convert the map to anvil format before it'll work in that version.
There were several revisions of the map made by its creator, the link provided below is for revision 1.6.1 - which is the final revision, still to be played in Minecraft 1.0.0 (or MC125 if you prefer). I believe its a vanilla map, which means it doesn't appear to need any mods installed.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ekdh29rnmchurlp/Redmurk1.6.1.zip/file
Wet-Hamster
06/30/2022 10:11 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Thank you so much! Like I said I was never really tech savvy and didn't start playing until about 1.10. Plus the youtuber I watched play 1. deleted his channel and 2. That was like 5 years ago and I don't think my little 8 year old mind rendered the versions and how old Minecraft is. But, like I said thank you so much and I really appreciate your help and thanks for finding away for me to actually download it❤️
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome