Can I make any block see-through?

Maxipan's Avatar Maxipan7/19/15 2:01 pm
1 emeralds 288 6
7/19/2015 3:56 pm
Maxipan's Avatar Maxipan
Hello everyone ^^

I am currently working on a texture pack and would like to make a block transparent, like glass. The problem is, when I simply delete the pixels, the area I deleted just turns white.

Is there a way I can edit a json file so that a block can be see-through, or is it "hardcoded" into the game?

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,
Maxipan

(Fyi, I want to use this so I can make my jukebox texture even cooler)
Maxipan
Level 40 : Master Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/19/2015 3:56 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
Maxipan
Thank you for the responses!

I think zOmBiLoRd gave me a sufficient answer!

To answer all the other questions: I am aware you can have transparency inside the editor (I use pixelmator) and I did that. The transparency was showing up when holding the block but not when placing it, then the transparent part would just turn white.

That's all, thanks for the answers!

Best regards,
Maxipan
07/19/2015 2:35 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Haroyami
If you use Photoshop, when you create a new file to edit, there is a choice to make it transparent.
07/19/2015 2:16 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Runninlikcraz
If the desired effect of yours is like glass where it is transparent, it is not possible. Making transparent block faces will make it so the block you want transparent sees through the entire world. A.K.A it would be as if your looking at plain sky
07/19/2015 2:15 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
MaxipanHello everyone ^^

I am currently working on a texture pack and would like to make a block transparent, like glass. The problem is, when I simply delete the pixels, the area I deleted just turns white.

Is there a way I can edit a json file so that a block can be see-through, or is it "hardcoded" into the game?

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,
Maxipan

(Fyi, I want to use this so I can make my jukebox texture even cooler)

You're probably using the default paint editory, download GIMP or PAINT.NET and you'll be able to do it
07/19/2015 2:14 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
When you delete an area, does it turn white in your editor, or you can see transparency?
07/19/2015 2:06 pm
Level 23 : Expert Miner
BestServerKnower
Of course. All items are based on PNG's, which allow transparency.

Are you familiar with adding custom modules and skins? It's super easy.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome