Can't find/edit textures properly when making texture pack

Vallkary's Avatar Vallkary2/19/23 11:35 pm
1 emeralds 132 1
2/20/2023 6:12 am
oakar258's Avatar oakar258
I'm trying to follow a editing texture pack tutorial that's actually up to date, and I've been able to find and edit the textures using Paint.Net, but it doesn't let me save anything I edit to the actual pack and instead saves as an entirely new file.. For that I was experimenting to see if it would work in the first place, but I also have the issue of not being able to find coral block textures, which is the only reason why I'm trying to make my own texture pack. I want to swap the dead coral texture with the alive texture, but the only instance of anything coral related in all the files I've looked in is all json, and I'm not even going to try to touch that right now. This might be a thing where coral blocks simply don't have a texture (how???) for whatever reason, but this is extremely frustrating to me, so I'm asking the people who actually know what they're doing for help.
Vallkary
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer