Cannot log into my minecraft account error! Help! (invalid email or password error)

Ember_01's Avatar Ember_017/13/20 11:03 am
1 emeralds 1.7k 6
7/14/2020 2:36 am
icephantom's Avatar icephantom
Hi there! I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this and may know how to fix it :(

A few weeks back I made a new Mojang account and finally purchased the game, yet right after I had installed it into my PC, I ran into some issues. Every time I try to log into the account it simply says "invalid email or password", even though I know for a fact that everything has been typed in correctly (I am able to log into my Mojang account through other devices, just not through my PC).

I've tried changing the password (through another device because I cannot do anything with my account on my PC)- does not work. I've also tried waiting for some time (a few weeks), but nothing has changed. Tried to reach the Support team- they checked if the account and the email were active at all- and they were, so this far it looks like the problem may be with my PC itself, maybe.

Before I purchased Minecraft, I had a cracked version of it- though I made sure to completely delete all cracked Minecraft files before installing the real Minecraft.

I bought Java edition btw.

Sooo.... HELP plz!
Ember_01
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

icephantom
07/14/2020 2:36 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
history
I have read on other posts about cracked versions putting entries in the windows 'hosts' file to prevent a user from being ale to log into the original minecraft site.
Use explorer and navigate to :

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Look for the file 'hosts'
You will need to right-click on the file and choose 'open with', then choose notepad. Look for entries relating to mojang, or any ip entries that are do not have a # at the beginning of the line ..... these are 'live' entries and will need editing out - assuming there are any present. You may also have to change your permissions on the 'etc' folder to allow you to save the changes. Always undo the security changes once you have finished your edits.

[Edit]
If this does turn out to be the case, if you manage to edit out any badness in the hosts file and successfully log in, change your password straight away to prevent your account being hi-jacked.
roxyspamcake
07/14/2020 12:37 am
Level 31 : Artisan Birb
If it's been happening for longer than a day, and you've exhausted all other options, just contact support. But I have also had problems like that if I had a VPN (virtual private network) running, try turning it off.
BloodStrikes
07/13/2020 11:16 am
history

Failed to login: Error

This a problem with the Minecraft session servers. You unfortunately will just have to wait it out until the Mojang guys fix it.
BloodStrikes
07/13/2020 11:15 am
history
Same thing happened to me just wait a while. The login servers are down prob
BloodStrikes
07/13/2020 11:08 am
Servers might be down let me try.
Knoc_Knoc_Its_Dead_Acc
07/13/2020 11:22 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network