Change my Creative World into Survival

BayGames's Avatar BayGames4/3/20 10:26 pm
4/6/2020 5:45 am
FabianDMF's Avatar FabianDMF
So over the last few weeks I have been building a world in creative and now I want to change it survival. How do I change the save world to survival? I have tried the command /gamemode survival and /gamemode 0, but when I recreate the world it changes my gamemode to creative. When I upload the world to Planetminecraft I do want to make players type in /gamemode 0 to play the game in survival. I can't find an option in the folder or on Youtube. I have tried lan, but it still toggles creative when I re-create the world. If anyone has an answer it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bay
BayGames
Level 10 : Journeyman Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/06/2020 5:45 am
Level 1 : New Miner
FabianDMF
You can use the defaultgamemode command to change the gamemode new players will have when joining the world for the first time. Try typing in the command /defaultgamemode survival. If this command wasn't found, you probably have cheats turned off.

To change this, type Esc to open de pause menu. Then tap on 'Open to LAN'. From there you want to make sure cheats are enabled. Then start the LAN world. This will temporarily give you the ability to use all commands. From here, try typing /defaultgamemode survival again. Now it should have worked.
04/04/2020 2:47 amhistory
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
Not sure if this is still valid - it says at the top for a Mac, but lower down it says for Windows and Linux. It's also quite old, so it may not work on newer maps. Unfortunately, you haven't said which version of Minecraft you are using.

This might be of assistance to :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/cs6zy6/how_to_change_from_creative_to_survival/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome