Could someone please explain??

clmorning's Avatar clmorning8/30/12 10:05 am
8/31/2012 4:58 am
Fokkusu's Avatar Fokkusu
Could someone please explain to me, why the Factions Plug-in, is so popular. I would say about 90% of the sites being listed is a Factions server. I'm looking for a server that has no Factions but will include maybe hereos, jobs, mcmmo, quests, survival, etc. What is up with Factions? Thanks guys and galls for your answers. I look forward to your comments.
clmorning
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/31/2012 4:58 am
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
Because, paired with nodus it's easy going. It doesn't achieve anything, but people still do it to be 'number 1'.
The plugin itself is easy to use/install as well. You just do one command to create a faction, then another to auto claim land you walk on.
Compared to Residence where you have to select two points and then add players to the perms list.
08/30/2012 10:59 am
clmorning
Well lets not get off topic guys. I was just wondering why Factions was so popular and why everybody has them.
08/30/2012 10:50 am
Level 25 : Expert Modder
mrlaughmore
I know. That is true. But with the hack clients like nodus, sometimes they can get around the protection. (Even the world guard plugin is not 100% effective.) For instance, if you have TnT block damage disabled, and the server is lagging, it may still actually damage blocks (during a "lag spike").
08/30/2012 10:54 am
Level 31 : Artisan Mountaineer
ZeKadeo
This couldn't be more false. The blocks that are protected with worldguard are unable to be broke by anything that people that don't have permissions do
Edit: before in past versions you could shoot TNT cannons at a protected spawn and you could break some of it
08/30/2012 10:46 am
clmorning
Yes Please list your ideas. Thanks.

Mrlaughmore, I understand about griefing. Even with logbook, and all the grief protections out there, it's still up to the player to protect their stuff.
08/30/2012 10:43 am
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
People like to show off, PVP allows them to flex their virtual muscles.

*Cough* My sig...
08/30/2012 10:39 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Crafter
gunnerman21
oh I agree
I use to like factions but it got boring
so I made a thread that stated cool server ideas

if you wanna see it ill post another reply
08/30/2012 10:39 am
Level 25 : Expert Modder
mrlaughmore
I will explain why there are so many faction servers (since I am an owner of one myself.) I used to not allow griefing and it was a pain to figure out who griefed, what is not protected, etc. It is just easier to allow griefing because it is not very easy to prevent.
08/30/2012 10:36 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Dinodaw
I've been looking for a long time for a simple vanilla server. They are rare.
08/30/2012 10:29 am
clmorning
I understand that, but wow does everybody have to have Factions? I've gone through dozens and dozens of posts and I've yet to find that one server I'm looking for.
08/30/2012 10:11 am
Level 47 : Master Architect
BeystormSoul1
Its so popular because one of the "spirits" in the human is a battle "spririt". Not in everybody, I, for an example hate war, etc. But...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome