A Few Questions About Server Expectations

skipper587's Avatar skipper5879/9/13 7:02 pm
1 emeralds 231 6
9/10/2013 10:30 am
skipper587's Avatar skipper587

Alright, so I've got another project in the pipeline, but this time I figured I'd ask you guys for your suggestions. So, here's the question:

If you were going to play on a small, open world RPG server, what would you expect to see, do, and become on the server?

Your responses are going to determine how I structure the story-arc, environment, factions, cities, combat, building, et cetera, so please feel free to post anything and everything that comes to mind. And who knows, you might get the chance to be one of the lucky few who get to take part in the shenanigans!

Cheers!

~Skipp
skipper587
Level 36 : Artisan Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/09/2013 10:23 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
Moved to Server Help

/move
09/10/2013 10:30 am
skipper587
Thanks Jetra
09/09/2013 7:21 pm
skipper587
Strange_Chemicalsthe server needs to be easy to understand. a majority of your visitors are first-time visitors. you need to somehow hook them in and make them want to return and begin their new life roleplaying on your server. you shouldn't overload them with information and lore. their curiosity should take the best of them and they should want to learn by themselves.

Strange_Chemicalsfactions are ok, yet a bit overdone. try to be different in your approach. and the player should have the option to be neutral, without a faction. some people don't want to be too involved with everything that's going on, just spectators.

These two bits of advice are incredibly helpful, thank you.
09/09/2013 7:18 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Taco
Strange_Chemicals
the server needs to be easy to understand. a majority of your visitors are first-time visitors. you need to somehow hook them in and make them want to return and begin their new life roleplaying on your server. you shouldn't overload them with information and lore. their curiosity should take the best of them and they should want to learn by themselves.

your spawn should be open, like a large plaza, with easily accessible rules / descriptions somewhere on the outside. the spawn should also be eye-catching, yet simple. (sorry if i made that difficult)

normally a portal to the survival / rpg world itself would be best, but if you're a low tech vanilla-type guy a simple gate that leads to the open world would be nice. a "hub world", is where you want all the introductions and formalities to be taken care of.

factions are ok, yet a bit overdone. try to be different in your approach. and the player should have the option to be neutral, without a faction. some people don't want to be too involved with everything that's going on, just spectators.

that's all i got. and to clarify, these are just my opinions. do whatever you like, and goodluck.
09/09/2013 7:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
AlbertGrindstein
Looks kinda bad.Its all just wood with no detail.Pretty plain and simple.bad job sorry to say
09/09/2013 7:06 pm
skipper587
Thanks for that, but the above photo is simply a prompt to get people thinking and doesn't really have anything to do with anything.

Also, how did you answer my question exactly? Have a nice day
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome